BES - 3h of Nürburgring GP (BES/WEC layout) - 20.01.2018

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Just did quick 10 laps, on an old VRS setup and did a few low 1:55s. how far off am I?

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Does that mean I’m not super slow? How did that happen?

Nov 2, 2017
What sessions are you using - or are you running just some laps by using the offline test possibilities. What track temperature have you been running your lap times?

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Valid question, don’t know. Just selected the BES and clicked test (offline test) as no practice sessions are available yet.

VSR Iceberg

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 9, 2016
We did our own practice session with @VSR Touring on Friday, i don't remember what was the track temperature (maybe @VSR Touring remembers that because he did set up that practice session), before that i did just offline test, first time i didn't change any settings, but for the second time i did look all the settings from what is saying for that race if you go to look sessions for this series (i don't know if we will have those same settings on this race or not)

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
Tuesday the public test lobbies will open and the sprint races will start, so plenty testing opportunities coming. Should we meet up for some of those? I’ll probably be on discord whenever practicing

VSR Touring

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2017
also the practice i did on Friday was set to dynamic like the race will be so the tempreture was not under my control and will change from session to session.

Nov 2, 2017
also the practice i did on Friday was set to dynamic like the race will be so the tempreture was not under my control and will change from session to session.
You guys should start using MoTec that would allow you to look up the track temperature (and how it changed during the session) afterwards. If you like I can give you a brief introduction how to install and use.

Edit: will be practicing this evening as well - very likely I'll go online between 6:00pm and 7:00pm (CET)

Metten

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 19, 2017
Sorry man, racing this with a friend of mine, @Metten We will be racing in the Audi R8 LMS :D
Hey all,

Jup @TheKillSwitchh got me into Iracing and I must say I'm already getting addicted haha. Saw some guys saying they are in the discord server of AOR during practice. Probably going to be there also the coming time if I'm practising or just having some races. Currently having a C license and SR 3.71 so very close to B. Irating around 1500 but driving a lot of different cars so it's mostly going down at the moment :p. Hope to do some racing in the future with you all.
Cheers! Metten

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
did a 1:54.2 in overcast conditions, temp 20C. The aliens were doing 1:50s, confirming I'm at my normal pace :)

Edit: another 1:54.2 with sunny conditions, 14C ambient temp, afternoon and half a tank (50L) Have a good setup I can share. Might need fine tuning

Last edited:

VSR Touring

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2017
im gonna be doing practice tonight. My iRacing name is Adam State and im just going to get permission to be in the iRacing aor discord if anyone wants to join me

Stephan

Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
im gonna be doing practice tonight. My iRacing name is Adam State and im just going to get permission to be in the iRacing aor discord if anyone wants to join me
I'll shoot you an invite. Did you see how to request permissions on discord? if yes, should be sorted in time.