Broadcast and donations? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Broadcast and donations?

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
Hey all! Just wondering here about broadcast and possible donations needed in season 10? Im sure everybody wants broadcasts to continue! :)

ADMIN EDIT: See this post for latest update regarding broadcasting & donations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Patrick Kessler

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I thought there were no longer donations as AOR are broadcasting now

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
@Ryan Walker @David Buitelaar @Allyhaze @Sisuvoima10 @santsuke99 @lukebarton @Adam Hedgecock @NickStuart189 @VRT Ringrose @tubsymalone @t3hmightymidg3t @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp @Kez @Marvin @Josh Lad @Connor Ryan @McPhilen @Robert Plumley @J.Thompson @Tom Edwards @Lubomir Moric @Jaskin71 @Tommy-Tum @GlennKey78 @John Roberts @Erkka Lindstrom @MatteAce @Erti147 @Rin Hato @Steffen Herrmann @Rcfly3r1 @Charlie9000 @Scott Newton @Stephen Baxter @woody2goody @Synergi @smilen @Gunar Nijenhuis @N1kmido

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for not getting this out sooner as I have been incredibly busy at work due to the heavy storms where i live and having been called into work to repair the damage done.

Season 10 of AOR FR2.0 is upon us and we would like your feedback from the previous season of broadcasting via the survey link provided here.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8VJ8LKF

I will be taking donations so that we can get the ball rolling on broadcasting for the upcoming season. The account stands at £100.

£ Donation (GBP) (If the link doesn't show GBP then please change to GBP)

€ Donation (EUR) (If the link doesn't show EUR then please change to EUR)

Any issues please feel free to discuss here or contact me via a private PM.

Scott Newton

Last edited:

Robert Plumley

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 14, 2014
sent, dunno how it works but cost me £3.99 in fees due to AUD currency. maybe better to donate in different currency? assuming payment to apex will be made via paypal and probably in GBP. Just think the fund may miss out on potential monies due to paypal conversion fees. I personally donated 5 AUD less than i was going to when i saw the fees.

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
@Ryan Walker @David Buitelaar @Allyhaze @Sisuvoima10 @santsuke99 @lukebarton @Adam Hedgecock @NickStuart189 @VRT Ringrose @tubsymalone @t3hmightymidg3t @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp @Kez @Marvin @Josh Lad @Connor Ryan @McPhilen @Robert Plumley @J.Thompson @Tom Edwards @Lubomir Moric @Jaskin71 @Tommy-Tum @GlennKey78 @John Roberts @Erkka Lindstrom @MatteAce @Erti147 @Rin Hato @Steffen Herrmann @Rcfly3r1 @Charlie9000 @Scott Newton @Stephen Baxter @woody2goody @Synergi @smilen@Gunar Nijenhuis @N1kmido

When sending donations it would probably be best to send in your local currency / GBP to avoid currency conversion charges. If there are fees then please let me know as I will try to find a workaround as this is the first time I have tried to force a default currency through Paypal.Me. Being that my PayPal account has an Aussie bank account as default it must have defaulted the currency to AUD. Apologies for that @Robert Plumley. I suppose that an issue being the only Non European in this League.

£ Donation (GBP)

€ Donation (EUR)

I have updated my first post to make it easier to find first and correct the donation links.

smilen

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2018
Yeah same £3.99 fee for me using the GBP link (I'm in the UK).

Scott Newton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2017
I looked into sending money to a friend overseas and it turns out there are fees associated with that method...

I will temporarily lock my paypal.me link so that I can figure out how to minimise transaction fees. Like it was mentioned earlier the more that is lost due to fees then it will be harder to claw back. This problem hasnt been an issue since I had become broadcasting coordinator a few seasons ago.

I apologise to anyone that has donated already/wishes to donate immediately but for the ability to maximise donations i think it will be best to find the best solution and then proceed from there. If anyone has any info on a solution I am certainly willng to take in onboard.

By temp locking the link it minimises the chance of the £4 transaction fee when transferring via the .me link until i find a solution.

Apologies once again as this issue hasnt come up before and thanks for your patience whist i get this resolved.

As I post this its 2340hrs so i will sort this out tomorrow.

Last edited:

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
At the risk of upsetting someone/people, I much preferred the GSRC broadcasting - it was better and cheaper if I remember correctly. For this reason I won't be donating this season. If we are booking GSRC then you have a donation from me ?

Edit: The awareness of the broadcasters, level of commentary and technical knowledge about the formula was far better under GSRC. The only place I feel Apex beats GSRC in my opinion is the quality of the on-screen graphics. Sorry to say.

Reactions: GlennKey78

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
At the risk of upsetting someone/people, I much preferred the GSRC broadcasting - it was better and cheaper if I remember correctly. For this reason I won't be donating this season. If we are booking GSRC then you have a donation from me ?

Edit: The awareness of the broadcasters, level of commentary and technical knowledge about the formula was far better under GSRC. The only place I feel Apex beats GSRC in my opinion is the quality of the on-screen graphics. Sorry to say.
Yeah... i agree mostly for you. It's still possible to go back if AOR and GSRC can agree terms.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Alright guys, our apologies for taking a while to get on top of this broadcast situation.

We are happy to say that we have reached a deal with Global SimRacing Channel (GSRC) to return as the broadcaster for the AOR FR2.0 Championship for this season - hopefully from the next race onwards! And for their broadcasts to take place on the official AOR YouTube channel!

HOWEVER, since this is a free-to-race league with no entry fee, this will as usual depend on whether we are able to raise a sufficient amount of donations for this to be covered. So, if you would like to see this season's races broadcasted live by GSRC, and you have the ability to see off some £££ for this purpose, then your contribution would be very much appreciated!

We have set up a "donation drive" on the website to keep track of the donations towards the FR2.0 broadcasting. Any donations that have been made to @Scott Newton's links already should be added in there eventually as well.

DONATION LINK: CLICK HERE

If we are unable to raise enough for the broadcasting to be booked for at least a part of the season, then the donations will be refunded.

Thank you :)

@Ryan Walker @David Buitelaar @Allyhaze @Sisuvoima10 @lukebarton @Adam Hedgecock @NickStuart189 @VRT Ringrose @tubsymalone @heuer91 @t3hmightymidg3t @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp @Kez @Marvin @Josh Lad @Connor Ryan @McPhilen @Robert Plumley @J.Thompson @Lubomir Moric @Tom Edwards @Jaskin71 @Tommy-Tum @GlennKey78 @John Roberts @alexsplanet @Erkka Lindstrom @MatteAce @Erti147 @Rin Hato @Steffen Herrmann @Rcfly3r1 @Charlie9000 @Daniel Morris @Scott Newton @Stephen Baxter @smilen @N1kmido @Diego Rdguez Alondo @woody2goody @Synergi @Bruno Domiter @Era @Gunar Nijenhuis @Mark Ussher