Broadcasting Opportunities | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Broadcasting Opportunities

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hey folks,

Some of you may have seen that the Formula Renault leagues are broadcasting live through GSRC. An approach was made to see if we could employ similar services for this series which have at current gone unreplied to.

However, an alternative solution has appeared.

@King-kodiak is one of AOR's greats. He broadcasts and lends his lovely voice to a plethora of different series and leagues on the site. He's commentated and live streamed the PC Split F1 League for last season and the current one, he's commentated on Rocket League Tournaments, AOR's World Rally Championships amongst other things.

Now, the issue is that KK (King-Kodiak) doesn't have iRacing, and the cost of getting everything for iRacing is a turn off.

Well. What if that was done for him? I propose we raise the funds between us for him to purchase an iRacing subscription, and buy either the Ferrari/Ford, and all the tracks that we're using this season to enable him to live-stream the event.

Alongside him would be a veteran of the open wheel leagues on AOR iRacing. Season 5 Pro Mazda champion, @McPhilen, Phil Reid!

Between them they'd bring coverage of the season as it unfolds, with some driver interviews at the end etc.

Due to short notice, this isn't possible for tonight's race, but it's something we can consider for the remaining rounds.

For a 3 month first time subscription:
$19.80

For the Ferrari/Ford:
$11.95

For the 10 tracks remaining this season (assuming each are $14.95) because Lime Rock is free and Suzuka won't be covered:
$149.50

VAT 20%
$181.25

$181.25 = £141.61 = €160.75

So this is a proposal really. He's said he'd happily commentate, if the money was raised and the interest was there.

If this isn't achieved, then there may be highlights, but they will be made as and when I get time to do so and I can't guarantee they will be regular every week.

You do not have to donate, this is a purely voluntary thing. If it's something you'd like to do, and would like to have coverage of the series then let us know.

If we round up and say £150, for the sake of the pound moving around and my bad maths.

Let us know below, if you're willing to donate, if so how much. Just so we know how realistic the goal is.

Cheers guys
@Andy Collins-Reed @The Genius @Ben Hackeson @Tipple @Antonis Despotakis @PaddyRC @RolandK @Rin Hato @FisiFan91 @Lorrentz @Erti147 @LongSlenderBody @brendon @VICSALT @1185323118 @washy03 @ramdrop @UrBaNz Octane x @Gunar Nijenhuis @StevieSQ @Pat @Christobal90 @Giannii98 @Dustin @JürgenFrank @fakeluke @Chesney77 @Adam Hedgecock @Eric @Knallerbs @Janick Nijenhuis @Andrew S Micke @TRL Rosberg @Silvio @John Roberts @Gxbbs @Rolf Just @Kieron Fishlock @N1CK @Milligan

Target: £64 to go - Send money here

Last edited:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
For the record, I'd put £25 in.

Last edited:
Reactions: N1CK

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
I really like the idea and would be willing to contribute, but I want to wait and see how successful this league is before spending money on the broadcasting (y)
[DOUBLEPOST=1497462337][/DOUBLEPOST]And btw there should be some promo codes for new comers that get the subscription reduced. When I signed up it was around $5-10 for 3 months. I'll have a look later for some

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
If no one else is chipping in...Rabobank "moneybags" de Rijk will chip in €25 as well... :D:D

Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Maybe look for a sponsor to headline the series for £150?
Thing is this may interfere with the sites current sponsors, who don't sponsor us with products, rather than money.

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
I was unsuccessful at finding a $5 for 3 months code that worked, however PR-GRIPTV gets you 3 months and the (old) Ford GT for $12.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Wait.

Last edited:

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Rather then send it to me, are you able to make a AOR commentator account? You (or someone) can manage it yourself so if I can't make it, someone else can stand in

• Informative

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Rather then send it to me, are you able to make a AOR commentator account? You (or someone) can manage it yourself so if I can't make it, someone else can stand in
That's not a bad idea to be honest, but the account has to be tied to someone, as it usually sucks the name of the card holder off it. Although that has given me an idea.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
That's not a bad idea to be honest, but the account has to be tied to someone, as it usually sucks the name of the card holder off it. Although that has given me an idea.
You can just ask support to change it

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Very humbled that so much effort has been put into getting me into the commentary box for this league. @StevieSQ has given me a quick crash course on the interface, and I am no doubt going to trip over myself with the MANY many controls and cameras and options and god knows what that iracing gives the spectator. You never know, I might accidentally tune into a local television channel.

I can't wait to get stuck into this.