Bug Reports | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Bug Reports

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I'm also having the feeling that tags don't work half of the time. Creating new posts and tagging drivers in it or a group and they are not getting alerts.
Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't.

frandythomsen

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 10, 2017
when i choose the harder or softer tyres in the tyre choise, i still get the standard one when playing online, havent tried offline.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hi guys,
I have a problem where my tags are not notifying people when I have tagged them. @Julio Massa 5522 and @MajorGroove are two that have stated previously. It affects them in the stewards enquiries and in the league threads. Anyone able to help
I have searched around a bit and don't know why the alerts wouldn't be working (if it's actually a bug with the system), but here are some general reasons why people may not receive tag alerts:
There can be various reasons why alerts for mentions aren't received. If someone is watching a thread, they won't receive a mention alert as the new reply alert 'overrides' this. If someone is quoted and tagged, they'll get an alert for the quote and not the tag. If a post is edited and a tag is added afterwards, no alert will be sent. If someone tags say 10 people and the user group tagging permission is set to say 5, then only 5 people will get the tag alerts.
The last one shouldn't be the case for you though, as the premium member usergroup was set to be able to have up to 100 mention alerts per post. I have changed this setting to "unlimited" however just to see if it makes a difference.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I have searched around a bit and don't know why the alerts wouldn't be working (if it's actually a bug with the system), but here are some general reasons why people may not receive tag alerts:

The last one shouldn't be the case for you though, as the premium member usergroup was set to be able to have up to 100 mention alerts per post. I have changed this setting to "unlimited" however just to see if it makes a difference.
Ok I will report back next time someone says they didn’t get my tag.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Have to click on Log In twice to get the pop-up to actually put the passwords in. Same on Edge and IE.

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Right I have posted a new stewards post. If I edit it after initially tagging and posting will they still get a tag notification?

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I will let you know if people still say they don't get a notification from me

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

So my newly created post didn’t tag anyone either. This time I 100% didn’t edit it until after I had tagged everyone and posted it. Could it be that I copy the stewards template and paste? @FisiFan91

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
So it appears that no matter where I post and whoever I tag they don’t get notifications. Is there anyway of resolving this as it appears to be account specific (to me).

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Right I have posted a new stewards post. If I edit it after initially tagging and posting will they still get a tag notification?
As long as you include the tags the first time you publish the post (rather than adding the tags in a later edit), then they should be getting alerts, regardless of you editing the post afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: acerees

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@acerees I found an incorrect setting in the premium member user group which possibly might have been causing this. Can you try again now?

Reactions: acerees