PC - CANCELED - Sunday - 8:00pm UK - Japan 'Heat Style Racing' ;) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC CANCELED - Sunday - 8:00pm UK - Japan 'Heat Style Racing' ;)

Adjust number of laps for Quarter-Final and Semi-Final?

• Leave at 5 laps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Set race to 25% and everyone retires after set number of laps. (7 for QF and 9 for SF)

• Don't Care

• Total voters

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
We've got a break week in the season, let's race some more :D
The plan is to do a heat style format in F1 cars around Japan's Suzuka.

Date: Sunday, 9th June
Depending on the number of signups, I may postpone until after the season ends.
Time: 8:00pm UK
(Should last no more than one-and-a-half hours)
Track: Japan's Suzuka
There is an example of how this has worked before on the 'Example' tab. I say 'before' because I've hosted this idea on another game already.

To start the night off, there will be multiple groups (number of groups is based on the number of drivers, no group will have less than 4 or more than 6 drivers). Each group will do 2, 3 lap races. After the 2 races, the average finishing positions will be noted. After the group races, we'll move to the Quarter-Final, then the Semi-Final and then the Final. The details about who advances after each race is below.

Advancing
Top 33% from each group make it the Final.
Middle 33% from each group make it to the Semi-Final.
Bottom 33% from each group make it to the Quarter Final.

Top 33% from the Quarter-Final make it to the Semi-Final.
Top 33% from the Semi-Final make it to the Final.

Number of Laps
Group Stage races will be 3 laps (may be adjusted)*.
Quarter-Final will be 5 laps (may be adjusted)**.
Semi-Final will be 5 laps (may be adjusted)**.
Final will be 13 laps.
*If the number of laps for the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final are adjusted (see below), then we could do 5 laps for the Group Stage races...
**The laps for the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final races are up for debate... Given they are bigger races, they should be longer in duration, in my opinion. Unfortunately, F1 doesn't give us full control of the laps, so what we could do is set it to a 25% race, then on lap 7 for QF and 9 SF, make note of the order, then have everyone retire. Let me know what you think...

Start Order
Race 1 of the Group Stage races will be random start order.
Race 2 of the Group Stage races will be reverse finish order (may be adjusted).
The Quarter-Final race will be based on one-shot qualifying.
The Semi-Final race will be based on one-shot qualifying.
The Final race will be based on one-shot qualifying.

Lobby
This will all be in one lobby, so if you are not racing in a given race, you will be spectating.
This could end up being multiple lobbies if someone is willing to help host and we get more than 22 people interested.

Car Selection
First come, first serve on the day.

Race Settings
Weather - Dynamic
Session Start Time - Random
Parc Fermé Rules - On
Collisions - On
Vehicle Damage - Simulation* (see notes below)
Corner Cutting Stringency - Strict

Assists
No Traction Control
No Anti-Lock Brakes
Yes Racing Line
Yes Automatic Gearbox
No Pit Assist
No Pit Release Assist
No Automatic ERS Mode

Notes
The idea behind this is to get people to race in a competitive sense without the commitment of an endurance race. That being said, some considerations were thought of during the planning.
I wanted people to race at least 3 times... Hence the two group races and the fact everyone moves on.
*The reasoning behind 'simulation vehicle damage' is that I want people to push as hard as possible without being reckless. I figure go for a divebomb by all means, but you may lose your whole front wing in the process.
If your connection is terrible, please do not join. It will be a US host, with I assume majority EU fellers joining - please think twice.

Sign-up
Sign-up with your Steam Profile link and if you are any F1 leagues you are currently in, list them too.
For example:
I'd like to sign up.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765611983
Leagues: F9 UK / F1 USA

Discord
It is required to be able to see the F1 Social Lobby chat in Discord during this event. You don't need to be in voice chat, just be able to see the text chat. If you aren't already in the Discord, please join it via https://apexonlineracing.com/community/ewr-discord/. When you get in the server, go to the #perm_req_instructions channel and read the instructions. When you are given the F1Racers role, you will be able to see the social lobby chat.

Participants
Driver - Leauge(s)
Mo v0 - F9 UK/F1 USA
Steph Farelle - F1 USA

Last edited:

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
We've got a break week in the season, let's race some more :D
The plan is to do a heat style format in F1 cars around Japan's Suzuka.

Date: Sunday, 9th June
Depending on the number of signups, I may postpone until after the season ends.
Time: 7:30pm UK
(Should last no more than one-and-a-half hours)
Track: Japan's Suzuka
There is an example of how this has worked before on the 'Example' tab. I say 'before' because I've hosted this idea on another game already.

To start the night off, there will be multiple groups (number of groups is based on the number of drivers, no group will have less than 4 or more than 6 drivers). Each group will do 2, 3 lap races. After the 2 races, the average finishing positions will be noted. After the group races, we'll move to the Quarter-Final, then the Semi-Final and then the Final. The details about who advances after each race is below.

Advancing
Top 33% from each group make it the Final.
Middle 33% from each group make it to the Semi-Final.
Bottom 33% from each group make it to the Quarter Final.

Top 33% from the Quarter-Final make it to the Semi-Final.
Top 33% from the Semi-Final make it to the Final.

Number of Laps
Group Stage races will be 3 laps (may be adjusted)*.
Quarter-Final will be 5 laps (may be adjusted)**.
Semi-Final will be 5 laps (may be adjusted)**.
Final will be 13 laps.
*If the number of laps for the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final are adjusted (see below), then we could do 5 laps for the Group Stage races...
**The laps for the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final races are up for debate... Given they are bigger races, they should be longer in duration, in my opinion. Unfortunately, F1 doesn't give us full control of the laps, so what we could do is set it to a 25% race, then on lap 7 for QF and 9 SF, make note of the order, then have everyone retire. Let me know what you think...

Start Order
Race 1 of the Group Stage races will be random start order.
Race 2 of the Group Stage races will be reverse finish order (may be adjusted).
The Quarter-Final race will be based on one-shot qualifying.
The Semi-Final race will be based on one-shot qualifying.
The Final race will be based on one-shot qualifying.

Lobby
This will all be in one lobby, so if you are not racing in a given race, you will be spectating.
This could end up being multiple lobbies if someone is willing to help host and we get more than 22 people interested.

Car Selection
First come, first serve on the day.

Race Settings
Weather - Dynamic
Session Start Time - Random
Parc Fermé Rules - On
Collisions - On
Vehicle Damage - Simulation* (see notes below)
Corner Cutting Stringency - Strict

Assists
No Traction Control
No Anti-Lock Brakes
Yes Racing Line
Yes Automatic Gearbox
No Pit Assist
No Pit Release Assist
No Automatic ERS Mode

Notes
The idea behind this is to get people to race in a competitive sense without the commitment of an endurance race. That being said, some considerations were thought of during the planning.
I wanted people to race at least 3 times... Hence the two group races and the fact everyone moves on.
*The reasoning behind 'simulation vehicle damage' is that I want people to push as hard as possible without being reckless. I figure go for a divebomb by all means, but you may lose your whole front wing in the process.
If your connection is terrible, please do not join. It will be a US host, with I assume majority EU fellers joining - please think twice.

Sign-up
Sign-up with your Steam Profile link and if you are any F1 leagues you are currently in, list them too.
For example:
I'd like to sign up.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765611983
Leagues: F9 UK / F1 USA

Participants
Driver - Leauge(s)
Mo v0 - F9 UK/F1 USA
I'm game...
I'm in F1 USA as Reserve

Reactions: Mo#9991

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Start Time edited from 7:30pm UK to 8:00pm UK.

Leman

Formula 3 2nd Driver
May 3, 2018
wht did u expect at normal racetime in free week in so little tiers

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
wht did u expect at normal racetime in free week in so little tiers
?? Wasn’t it a break week for all F1 Tiers?

I expected people that like racing may want to race when there was no scheduled racing. ‍Idk

Steph Farelle

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 27, 2019
So is there a main League Race still on Sunday or is it a break?