PS4 - Cancelled | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Cancelled

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Hello everyone, here's an update they actually did an official one, colour me surprised.

Introduction:
Anyway lets get into the series info, I've stuck with the main formula of the previous Xmas cups of the last 2 years but I've made a few tweaks which should change things up a bit, the two big change's is 4 rounds instead of 5 this year (simply so that there is a full week's break until the resumption of Season 18) and another is the race distance it will be increasing from 25% to 50%. And because of the race length increase Safety Car will now be on.

With dates obviously with 4 races in 2 weeks it means that along with Sunday's there has to be a midweek night used, and after looking at the real life calendar the only sensible option I feel is Thursday's. (due to Xmas Eve on tuesday and Xmas day being on Wednesday)

As for cars used in this 4 race calendar, it will feature 3 classic cars that haven't been used before (in the past 2 Xmas cups) and in turn means each round features a car from a different decade - 70's, 80's, 90's & 00's. (Basically think of it like a metaphorical driver time travel trip through F1 eras:LOL:)

Format:

League structure is as follows:

Qualifying: Short Qualifying for first race and then reversed championship order for further races using custom grid
Distance: 50%
Cars: Same Car for everyone
Setups: Presets only
Weather: Dynamic
Safety Car: On
Parc Ferme: On
Damage: Full
Corner Cutting: Strict
Formation Lap: On
Race Starts: Manual
Time of Day: Official (except Round 4, Custom - Midday will be used)
AI Driver Level: 75
Driver Assists available: RL & Auto Gears only

Calendar:

19th December - 1976 Ferrari 312 T2 - Italy
22nd December - 1982 McLaren MP4/1B - Belgium
26th December - 1992 Williams FW14B - Britain
29th December - 2006 Renault R26 - Bahrain

Points System:

Points are distributed as follows: 40-34-30-26-23-20-17-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0
(no bonus point for FL)

League Rules:

Other than the above deviations, normal AOR rules apply

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will say I'm only looking to run the one tier, so it will be first come first served on getting a place for this but I will of course welcome all sign ups even if there's well over 20 drivers (this will in turn help show the interest and demand to the PS4 co-ords for a Xmas cup), as for setups and driver assists just to confirm, presets only (the 5 default options in car setup) and I will only allow RL & Auto Gears. (even though I use neither lol)

Anyway for the PS4 drivers still reading this, if any of you do want to take part and know you can make every race (or at least believe you can), then feel free to sign up.

(The provisional deadline for signing up is now Wednesday 18th December 6pm GMT - subject to change)
To Sign-Up please fill in the following Template in a reply to this thread:

Gamertag:
Region and League you race in, in main leagues:

Driver List:

Wobbuffet (Tier - N/A) - UK
thomasbrxwn (F8) - UK
SolidNinjaSnake (F5) - UK
SRC_Sam (N/A) - Sweden
QuickSilverQ!! (N/A) - UK

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just a quick update, next Monday out of the drivers signed up I will be looking to find a lobby host for this as my internet is pretty bog standard.:LOL:

Anyway don't worry it won't require them to do to much, as I will still send out the lion share of the invites.

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016

Martin_Robertson

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah I can't see it either, guessing its in the works by senior co-ords and we'll just have to wait for now, but I'll be interested to see what exactly there planning to put together and how it compares to mine. (will add hope its not just 25% distance)
Link should be working now.

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Sorry for not addressing this here sooner - I just wanted to make sure we had something official to offer.

Obviously you've expressed interest in 50%, but I just feel 25 is an easier distance for this time of year. Obviously would hope that the people signing up to this will consider the official one instead.

sammeberg

Pro Karter
Dec 23, 2014
Gamertag: SCR_Sam
Region and League you race in, in main leagues: SWE / None atm (previous AOR league experience)

Would love to join this cup if possible - even though I'm not active in any league atm. Let me know if I can provide any further information that you may need. I'm a fair and non-assist racer that have played the F1 game for several years!

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Sorry for not addressing this here sooner - I just wanted to make sure we had something official to offer.

Obviously you've expressed interest in 50%, but I just feel 25 is an easier distance for this time of year. Obviously would hope that the people signing up to this will consider the official one instead.
Hi Bossly thats fair enough, firstly with the race distance I can understand and fully appreciate that 25% may be more appealing for this time of year but the main issue I have with it is that the races are just too short and don't offer any real strategy at all.
And when you also factor in the reverse grids, it makes it more likely the lead drivers in the championship (who have to start at the back from the 2nd race onwards) will be less patient (due to the shorter race distance) and will be in turn more inclined to go for more aggressive moves and risking collisions in the process.

It's because of those things I mentioned above why I think 50% is more appealing overall in these circumstances.

Moving on I've looked at the official one and have to be honest and blunt, I have to ask the co-ords who picked these cars what exactly is 'classic' about the official one?
Out of the 5 races 4 of them feature F1 cars from 2003 to 2010!o_O
(FW25 - 2003, R26 - 2006, F2007 - 2007, RB6 - 2010)

It just seems crazy and uninspiring to me to select 4 'classic' cars within a 8 year period, (where 3 of those will more or less handle the same) especially when those cars are all pretty modern in F1 historic terms, as when you have several proper classic F1 cars offering plenty variety and a different challenge from each decade of 70's, 80's, 90's available to use.
So why wasn't it at least spread out a bit more to offer more variety instead of going for such modern cars?:unsure:

But obviously whats done is done I guess, my stance after seeing the official one is I will still run this one (providing it gets decent numbers).
For everyone else who is reading this &/or sitting on the fence deciding out of the two which one to do you have a very simple decision to make:
You can either race in the official one where its using only 1 previously unused classic car and features 3 similar cars and basically is the same thing as the past 2 years but with less 'classic' in it.
Or you can race in this series which has 3 previously unused classic cars and wide range of F1 cars from the past, I fully believe what I've created here offers overall alot more.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Gamertag: SCR_Sam
Region and League you race in, in main leagues: SWE / None atm (previous AOR league experience)

Would love to join this cup if possible - even though I'm not active in any league atm. Let me know if I can provide any further information that you may need. I'm a fair and non-assist racer that have played the F1 game for several years!
Hi Sam I would have responded last night but I was a bit pre-occupied by something else...
Anyway welcome, when it comes to the Xmas cup you don't need to be in a league the most important thing is being a clean racer.
If you know anyone else who would be interested in this, then please feel free to send them here.

Reactions: DaveKennedyJr

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@Thomasbrxwn @SolidNinjaSnake @Bajer7928

Hi guys wanted to be frank and give a honest assessment of how this is looking, right now there is 5 of us and with the official one being announced a couple days ago, a lot of people have started signing up for that however on the PS4 side sign ups aren't that high at the moment, my opinion is the official one does lack what I would consider to be a good spread of variety in classic cars but I'm going to suggest that you sign up for the official one as well.

Because the worst thing would be if the PS4 drivers didn't have a xmas cup at all, however what I'll do in the mean time though is still take sign ups for this one and if we reach at least double figures by early afternoon next Thursday (19th).

I will run the first race as planned and then try and work something out with those in charge of the PS4 official series, to make sure to avoid a clash so you can potentially race in both (if you wish), I feel this is the best option.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Gamertag: QuickSilverQ!!
Region: UK _ F1 (Haven't participated in a race yet but now planning for Japan)
Hi, just letting you know we still need at least 5 more drivers (so we have at least double figures) by Wednesday night for this to go ahead on Thursday, so its unlikely at the moment but do keep an eye on this thread in the mean time.

But if you definitely want to guarantee yourself some racing during the Xmas period have a look at this thread as well:

Reactions: DaveKennedyJr