PC - Causing a Collision + Failing to Wait | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Causing a Collision + Failing to Wait

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Platform + League: PC GT3 Elite
League Coordinator: @EVR Morvic @AndrexUK @Nismo @Yorkie065
Date: 22/11/2017
Members Involved: @Zabbzi

Description:
Coming through T4 @Zabbzi decided to squeeze himself through on the inside of the corner. Despite that it was a very risky and unnecessary move there was enough space for him but he overshoots it and hits the back of my car, resulting in me spinning out and my race being ruined. He carried on without making any attempts to slow down and/or letting me past again.

Evidence: I´ve added several perspectives in the video but don´t get confused: My replay shows @Perry Grondstra as the car directly behind me but I´m sure that it wasn´t him as Perry started in P9 and obviously wasn´t behind me at any point of the race. The screenshot below the video also proves that the replay is wrong and it is @Zabbzi causing the incident.

As you can see, the replay shows the car of @Perry Grondstra instead of @Zabbzi for whatever reason. I´ve taken a screenshot from the grid for evidence. @Zabbzi is starting in P20, I´m starting from P16 - you can see my car (the yellow one) 2 rows in front of him. Before everyone starts going from the line the replay also still says "currently watching: Zabbzi" but already shows the red Mercedes of Perry.

20171122231757_1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Perry Grondstra

Zabbzi

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2016
Sure, @N1kmido had hit multiple cars in a short time span in less than 3 laps (As evident by his damage) and had already previously blocked me in qualifying. I just saw him get into the BMW again on that corner and when he went very wide and missed the apex, I stuck my nose in in eagerness to get by. From my onboard it definitely looked as if there was space. After watching him be all over the track in such a short time span I was eager to get by. Was it the smartest move? Probably not, and I even admitted that. But as evident by my perspective live at the time, there was room and I went for it.

Onboard

Side note, you had pitted shortly after for the aero damage you sustained due to your incidents of note as well, so I don't accept that I had ruined your race, we both lost track position because of this.

Last edited:

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Sure, @N1kmido had hit multiple cars in a short time span in less than 3 laps (As evident by his damage) and had already previously blocked me in qualifying.
Feel free to make a new enquiry then as I can´t remember at which point I did block you during Q neither can I remember hitting cars multiple times. Apart from that it wouldn´t make any difference regarding this case.

I just saw him get into the BMW again on that corner and when he went very wide and missed the apex, I stuck my nose in in eagerness to get by.
I ran wide because of Aero damage and therefore lack of downforce. I wouldn´t blame you for sticking your nose in there if you would´ve done it without making contact.

Side note, you had pitted shortly after for the aero damage you sustained due to your incidents of note as well, so I don't accept that I had ruined your race, we both lost track position because of this.
You´re right, I didn´t pit after our incident because of the damage I suffered from it. Though I was dead last then and because of the damage on my car there was no chance of gaining any of those lost places back. Even with making the pitstop I maybe could´ve recovered back into the points without this accident.

Zabbzi

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2016
Feel free to make a new enquiry then as I can´t remember at which point I did block you during Q neither can I remember hitting cars multiple times. Apart from that it wouldn´t make any difference regarding this case.
I only included it as context, I don't find it worth inquiring, but realize that is the reason I felt eager to get by you, more-so the fact you had gotten into both BMWs with contact. If you agree you would have made the same move then I really don't understand what the reasoning for filing a inquiry is. I wasn't the one who gave you 5 and 7 Aero damage that hindered your pace. Again I apologize for the contact, but from my onboard there was space, especially given how the elevation skews the driving perspective in that corner.

Reactions: Ferrius

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Moved to the stewards!

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards will give @Zabbzi a 10 second penalty + 7.5 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision.

As the driver behind you are responsible for avoiding contact which didn't happen here.

@N1kmido @Zabbzi @AndrexUK @Nismo @Yorkie065

Status
Not open for further replies.