CC#2 - St. Croix B II - R4 Sprint, Last Lap - Bankai/Leedamastr | ApexOnlineRacing.com

CC#2 - St. Croix B II - R4 Sprint, Last Lap - Bankai/Leedamastr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I will post my view of this possibly tomorrow as I was right behind it.

First instinct without looking back on it, Lee went for a gap that was there and its a racing incident, however that was during the race and I may be wrong.

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
I'll get my POV up later today after work, but I'll accept any penalty that comes my way. From Bankai's POV it doesn't look as bad (also thought he hit the Armco on my screen at first) but my POV will show I was nowhere near enough alongside to complete a move. It was a do or die lunge that I thought I could pull off and it didn't work. Can only apologise to Bankai from costing him an on track win.

Reactions: Delaney

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
It is evident from my POV that i did try an ambitious lunge from admittedly too far back. I have included multiple angles/POV's from the top 3/4 to show the incident. Coming into the last corner I get a run at @Bankai_Bullett. Knowing he would have less grip, I was expecting a bit of understeer from the Audi and more of a gap to open up, but that obviously didn't happen. Instead I went for the smallest of opportunities and while I am turning the wheel constantly to the left, my car's right front does still veer into Bankai's left rear, forcing him into a minor slide across the track, thankfully not hitting a wall. In hindsight, I probably should have given it up and coasted across the line, but given there were 4-5 cars close behind, that could have led to further chaos if I had poorly judged that...

I've noticed in my raw footage in the beginning there is contact, but some of the replay angles appear to show no contact, like a ghost or lag tap???

• Informative
Reactions: BL99DY-NINE
Status
Not open for further replies.