Championship Settings | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Championship Settings

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

I just want to get everyone opinion on this championship.
I have just been told that the race is 30 minutes long - that is crazy long for rally x lites. If that is the case and with the current 17 sign ups and so the field will just spread out.
Last mini championship which was touring cars there was a 2 race format, shouldn't this series run a 2 race format??

Also on a side note I would like to know how corner cutting will be implemented as having a quick look on Bathurst there is a few corners where you can see the edge of the track due to the snow conditions.

Maybe change to a 2 race format, reverse grid for 2nd race only for the top 10?

If anyone else has any queries about this feel free to join in.

Thanks,
Scott.

• Agree
Reactions: ShaggyDan

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
Agree but think it is to late to change.
I don’t think it is too late to change as evaluation races not been done yet. Just simply post an update (v2) and tag all drivers that have signed up to the series. Also word of mouth will help.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hi Guys,

I just want to get everyone opinion on this championship.
I have just been told that the race is 30 minutes long - that is crazy long for rally x lites. If that is the case and with the current 17 sign ups and so the field will just spread out.
Last mini championship which was touring cars there was a 2 race format, shouldn't this series run a 2 race format??

Also on a side note I would like to know how corner cutting will be implemented as having a quick look on Bathurst there is a few corners where you can see the edge of the track due to the snow conditions.

Maybe change to a 2 race format, reverse grid for 2nd race only for the top 10?

If anyone else has any queries about this feel free to join in.

Thanks,
Scott.
The league is on default setups and a single car which basically is the recipe for the closest racing you can get. So I don't think the field will spread out in a short amount of time. There will be plenty of battling on track I think.
Yes, we know that 17 sign-ups aren't an awful lot and we were on the verge of cancelling the running of this league but since it is less of a serious season as we've had before in these interim leagues we decided to go ahead anyway and just keep sign-ups open throughout the season.
To my understanding we chose a 30-minute race for the fact that an hour race is just ridiculous in these conditions. About the 2-race reversed grid thing. Yeah. It'll already be quite chaotic with the current conditions on track, adding reversed grid would make it a carnage fest basically.

In terms of track limits, we still expect people to come prepared to these races, which means that you should get used to the track limits in the snow as well. It may be hard to see the track limits, but then it is always better to be a bit on the safe side and drive in a way where you are sure you won't cut the track.

Please remember that this is a Christmas/winter special interim league. This is nothing like we've ever done, and it won't become the standard either. This is solely because of the fact that we felt it was time to have a snow league for the fun of it. The next interim between S12/S13 will be nothing like this and we're (hopefully) back to the close racing on track that we normally aim for :)

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
The league is on default setups and a single car which basically is the recipe for the closest racing you can get. So I don't think the field will spread out in a short amount of time. There will be plenty of battling on track I think.
Yes, we know that 17 sign-ups aren't an awful lot and we were on the verge of cancelling the running of this league but since it is less of a serious season as we've had before in these interim leagues we decided to go ahead anyway and just keep sign-ups open throughout the season.
To my understanding we chose a 30-minute race for the fact that an hour race is just ridiculous in these conditions. About the 2-race reversed grid thing. Yeah. It'll already be quite chaotic with the current conditions on track, adding reversed grid would make it a carnage fest basically.

In terms of track limits, we still expect people to come prepared to these races, which means that you should get used to the track limits in the snow as well. It may be hard to see the track limits, but then it is always better to be a bit on the safe side and drive in a way where you are sure you won't cut the track.

Please remember that this is a Christmas/winter special interim league. This is nothing like we've ever done, and it won't become the standard either. This is solely because of the fact that we felt it was time to have a snow league for the fun of it. The next interim between S12/S13 will be nothing like this and we're (hopefully) back to the close racing on track that we normally aim for :)
I completely understand that this is a bit of a fun league although I just feel because of the snow conditions and not many drivers have used this car the level of skill will be massive and even over 30 minutes of racing there will be large gaps between either groups of drivers or drivers themselves. Just splitting the racing into 2 15 minute races will create a lot closer racing and also fewer retirements. We practiced on Bathurst last night and drivers where hitting the walls almost every lap and with damage on people will be in the pits to repair in no time or will simply just leave the race entirely because there will be no way they will finish a 30 minute race with damage or even think about catching up. Im just trying to create a even closer field and helping the slightly less confident drivers to actually finish the race.

I’m fine with no reverse grid if you think it will create crashes although my plea is to just reduce the race or split in to 2 15 minute races or something similar.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
My ideal format would be:
-10 minute Qualifying
-20 minute Race
-25 minute Race(Bonus 5 min to get into order of R1 results)

• Agree
Reactions: Beau

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
We heard your feedback for this league and we are going to make some changes.
  • Damage will be turned off for all races.
  • We are going to change the event format:
    • Race 1, will be an 15 minute race with an standing start.
    • Race 2, will be an 20 minutes race with the starting order from race 1 results. To get every driver into the right position we will use the AOR rolling start.
We know that these changed will not please some of you, but we want to make this league more an fun league to drive and we know it will be fun. The next filler up league between the GT3 seasons will be an normal serious league (y)

And thanks for the feedback. Just keep them coming :)