Changing a certain round in the calendar? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Changing a certain round in the calendar?

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I don't know if your calendar is set in stone @McPhilen but I'd just like to put forward the suggestion made by @Kez in @FisiFan91 twitch stream last week, that Round 11 at Okayama is changed to an Oval.:wideyed:
It was probably a joke made by Kez but considering there isn't much love for Okayama (fisi;)) how about actually throwing a complete curveball into the calendar by racing at an Oval for the first time, as for which oval I would like to suggest New Hampshire. (As you've raced the road course there before)

I think it would just suit the FR2.0 cars, as the track is more then wide enough to allow 3 wide racing and at just over a mile long and with variable banking of 2 - 7 degrees, you shouldn't be able to run flat out. (though that's only me guessing)

Anyway just thought I'd put this forward as I think it would be fun to watch and something different for your league, but if I get a backlash from this I'm going to blame you Kez.:p

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Ovals suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! It was obviously a joke!

And Okayama is good, I don't get the hate. It's a decent technical track which is a challenge to race on. The race night at Okayama last season was the best one all season IMO.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Agreed, pls no have Oval. I really enjoyed Okayama last season.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
If you're gonna take a track out of the calendar and replace it with another one, take out Road Atlanta. It's messy enough in the GT cars, 30 FR's piling into turn one will be even worse, especially up the hill and round the chicane.

Edit: I would also advocate for the full GP circuit at the Nurgburgring, and if another track is to be replaced, I vote for Mosport or Zandvoort.