PC - Clio Cup R6, changing defending position twice under breaking | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Clio Cup R6, changing defending position twice under breaking

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackGame88

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Platform + League: PC, Clio Cup Race 6
League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle
Date:
19/02/2020
Members Involved: @MadHaze_01 @JackGame88
Description:

Right before the last corner of the race, @MadHaze_01 positioned himself towards the inside (right hand side) of the track, hence I tried to stick to the left side and try to overtake him on the outside. Right at the beginning of the breaking zone he suddenly moved towards the outside, what forced me to change my position and move to the inside of the corner. Right after that he moved again towards the inside forcing me to go further to the right and in consequence hitting the inside kerb, loosing control of the car and one position.
Evidence: My POV

Reactions: MadHaze_01

MadHaze_01

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Platform + League: PC, Clio Cup Race 6
League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle
Date:
19/02/2020
Members Involved: @MadHaze_01 @JackGame88
Description:

Right before the last corner of the race, @MadHaze_01 positioned himself towards the inside (right hand side) of the track, hence I tried to stick to the left side and try to overtake him on the outside. Right at the beginning of the breaking zone he suddenly moved towards the outside, what forced me to change my position and move to the inside of the corner. Right after that he moved again towards the inside forcing me to go further to the right and in consequence hitting the inside kerb, loosing control of the car and one position.
Evidence: My POV
I have to say I see nothing wrong here , I've just been examining possible incidents on the last couple of laps involving myself , you and Allen , we were all fighting for 3rd place . With this particular incident I agree with the commentators in that you had no where to go and unfortunately you hit the kerb making you spin off which can be seen on the live stream .I was holding a line and at no point did you get your nose in front , I see no excessive swerving to defend my position? There was another incident with us during the tight hairpin corner after the long deadly straight in which I needed to make a quick adjustment to avoid hitting Allen who had gone wide in front of us (on the last or penultimate lap), this led me to slide into you and was probably the reason you were flashing your lights at me!? This was accidental , when I made the quick adjustment to avoid Allen the car span to the right and knocked into you.
I respect both you and Allen and your driving is superb , but I think it was a tough battle for 3rd and the incidents from my point of view on the last couple of laps were all 50/50 at best. Allen made a couple of mistakes as did you and I for which we all tried to capitalise . I will happily submit my replay for admins to examine . I'm not in the business of arguing or falling out with people , if the admins feel I need to have a penalty in some way then I'll accept it , no problems. I do feel though that I have a case with all the minor incidents I was involved with on the last couple of laps . Cheers.

Last edited:

JackGame88

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Apr 15, 2019
Don’t get me wrong, I had a lot of fun racing with you yesterday and for the most of the time I believe we both tried to race as as cleanly as possible. I’m just trying to say how thisParticular incident looked from my point of view and I do believe you made two moves under the breaking which threw me off completely, hence I’d want to get steward’s opinion as we all learn from mistakes (our own or others).

In terms of the other incident with Allen, I remember there was something but can’t recall the details, I’ll check it later, and I believe he was flashing the lights, not me. If you think it was something wrong with my driving, by all means raise it with the stewards, because that’s the only way for me to know I made some mistake.

MadHaze_01

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Hi , sorry yes I might of got you both mixed up. I'm just in the process of messing with Nvidia shadow play!? so I can record some of the incidents from my point of view . Sorry if I ruined your race in anyway , again this was totally my last intention .

Reactions: JackGame88

MadHaze_01

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Hi , sorry yes I might of got you both mixed up. I'm just in the process of messing with Nvidia shadow play!? so I can record some of the incidents from my point of view . Sorry if I ruined your race in anyway , again this was totally my last intention .
Moved to stewards
Ok , I'll have my video clips to add later , got work and dog walking to tend to first (y)

MadHaze_01

Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2020
Ok , I'll have my video clips to add later , got work and dog walking to tend to first (y)
Here are a couple of clips of minor incidents which all took place on the last two laps of race 2. None of these clips are intended to accuse another driver of bad or dangerous driving! The clips are intended to defend my position only and to show there were no Ill intentions on my part .

Clip one: involving myself and @JackGame88
Here I honestly didn't even feel I needed to defend as you were not quite close enough , all I had on my mind is staying tight to the Apex so you would have to go wide . This is the same line I took though-out most of the race , you can get more speed by going wide and I only turn in a little to make the breaking line.

Clip 2: involving myself and @Allen
Here I lose control a little at the hairpin as I'm shaken a little by Jack going wide , I just couldn't pull my steering wheel back round quick enough and as I accelerated out of the corner This caused me to slide to the right and knock into Allen .

Clip 3 : Involving myself and @JackGame88
This is another incident that I felt I was forced to slow down and change my driving line due to the car ahead coming back on track in front of me. From Jacks point of view it is possible that he felt it was the safest thing to do as staying on the grass might of made him spinout worse , how ever , I think If I came back on the track like that in front of somebody I would of let them past!

All in all I had an amazing night , watching the replay back is incredible . Thanks to all of you. Cheers.

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Will add the first video to the stewards. All the other incidents are seperate from this particular one and therefore needs to be in seperate enquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.