PS4 - Clio Cup Race 4 PS4 Tier 2 - Unfair 1 minute penalty removal | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Clio Cup Race 4 PS4 Tier 2 - Unfair 1 minute penalty removal

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Platform + League: PS4, Clio Cup Tier 2
League Coordinator: @Michel--NL
Date:
12/02/20
Members Involved:
@RacingAtHome
Description:

I received a 1-minute penalty after a racing incident I had with @RacingAtHome. He spun out of the track so I had to heavily cut the chicane. I was asked to let him pass again, which was of course impossible.
Evidence: The incident happens at 1:30:32 and is notified at 1:31:07. As you can see at this moment, a minute was added for no reason on my last lap.

I have the onboard replay video but I'm unable to upload here, if someone can tell me?

RacingAtHome

AOR PS4 Clio Cup T2 Champion
May 5, 2016
This video shows better the penalties before and after what happened from around 1:36:52. .

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
Indeed, strange though that I didn't have this at all on my screen and that all these replays show different times. :unsure:

This drama at the end is very unfortunate, even more when you think that we didn't have the same information and that we could have finished more than 50 seconds ahead of the 3rd spot without all this.

Anyway, I don't know then if it has to be a 30' or a 1:00 removal discussion but the penalty remains really unfair.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Raoualf21731 the 50 seconds is for speeding in the pitlane. Without video evidence we can't remove that.
Do you have evidence from it? The stream isn't enough evidence, because there is no view of you entering the pitlane.

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
@Raoualf21731 the 50 seconds is for speeding in the pitlane. Without video evidence we can't remove that.
Do you have evidence from it? The stream isn't enough evidence, because there is no view of you entering the pitlane.
I've watched again the replays and Toker Row's video also shows the 50-second penalty at some point. Then it is fine, all these lap times are confusing and I thought during the race that I received less penalties but I accept that. I clearly exceeded speed limits in the pit lane as I got confused with the pit limiter button. It is a shame and a very rookie mistake. I have to do some as I only started sim racing in January!

This thread is really about removing the last penalty which I'm fine considering as a 30-second penalty. Do you need any other video to make a decision?

Last edited:

Raoualf21731

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2020
I've just uploaded my POV.

The incident occurs at 41:25 and forces me to cut the chicane.

A bit of another drama with Tomji that we discussed in the main thread of the race and then 41:57, you can see the 30 seconds (indeed, not 60 as I thought initially) being added to my lap time for exceeding track limits.

The last lap starts at 40:06 if you want to check the action of the entire lap.

Please tell me if you need anything else.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked through the evidence and have come to the following verdicts:

For the 30s penalty as a result of the collision with @RacingAtHome, the stewards have decided to remove the penalty.
When @Raoualf21731 rejoins the track in that last corner he does so without looking for potential cars coming from behind. This results in a collision with @Tomji_ for which the stewards have decided to award @Raoualf21731 a 10 seconds time penalty + 10 penalty points for a moderate avoidable collision.
Lastly, for the time penalty involving the pit entry, the stewards have decided to reduce the 50 second penalty to 30 seconds. @Raoualf21731 was quite a lot over the speed limit coming over the pit entry line which is still against the rules of racing. The stewards therefore decided only to reduce this penalty and not remove it entirely.

@Raoualf21731 @RacingAtHome @Michel--NL

Reactions: Raoualf21731
Status
Not open for further replies.