• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 22 of the AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2021!
    They are closing on 6th August, so be sure not to miss out! Head to apexonline.racing to sign up!
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Moved Closing the door like nobody was there

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Platform + League: PS4 + F2
League Coordinator: @PedroPMF
Date: 09/13/2020
Members Involved: @Speedstah
Description:
On course of winning the race, me and Speedstah were side by side going ahead of the next corner, than he brakes a tiny bit more later than me but I had the 2/3 of my car lenght side by side to him but than he decides to close the door like nobody was racing with him. He also won the grand prix by doing this move because I almost spun and this meant I was a road block for a few seconds to people behind unfortunatly.
Evidence:

Last edited:

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Also, to add on, I'm not the only one who thinks that speedstah closed the door like I wasnt there, @B43NA also confirmed my point.

Atleast, Speedstah recognize that it was his fault which is good to see, but this deserve a moderated collision penalty atleast for sure because of the impact the collision had to the other poor drivers behind too... :/
Picture_20200913_173554734.jpg
Picture_20200913_173727749.jpg

B43NA

Semi-Pro Karter
With this move, speedstah ruined two races, mine and xx_Pedro99_xx race. The top 4 was in a 0.5 second gap and when Sam spun Pedro and me can’t avoid him, and we broke our wings.

Speedstah

Semi-Pro Karter
To start, I do recognize that I am at fault for the collision.

However, there are a few things I would like to say about this incident. Throughout the entirety of our battle, SamGamer had been using unsportsmanlike tactics to keep me behind. This had involved divebombs, squeezing me off the track, and at one point putting me into a half spin. In fact, I find it interesting that Sam conveniently did not include footage of the previous corner, where he misjudged his braking point, sending me into a half spin, and putting me in that position where he was so close to my rear.My motto is to give my fellow drivers the same respect they give to me, and in this case and scenario Sam had been driving in a very dangerous way for multiple laps. That is why I chose to defend my position so aggressively into that corner.

While it is unfortunate that B43NA and Pedro were caught in the aftermath, I do not believe that any penalty should be based on the incidents of other drivers. They had complete control of their cars, and were unable to avoid the collision in front, which has nothing to do with my actions. So the argument that I ruined everybody else's race is unwarranted. In addition, its not as if this move "won me the race" as stated above. It is quite bold to make a claim as such, considering it is based entirely on hypotheticals, and again is not a warranted argument.

To conclude, here is my POV of the incident.To be fair, I did have track position heading into the corner, and it would have been much smarter of Sam to have just stayed behind where he then could have overtaken me on the next straight. But again I do recognize my place here and I'm willing to accept fault.

(7:53)

PedroPMF

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
We will get the final verdict as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvinience

Status
Not open for further replies.