Community Poll .'High Pings' & Wi-fi ! Good Idea for League Racing ? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Community Poll .'High Pings' & Wi-fi ! Good Idea for League Racing ?

Do You Want a to See a Lower Ping Limit - For better races on console ?

• Yes - Absolutely !

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Needs looking into atleast

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Not That Particularly Bothered

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

C-FOGARTY

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
With more and more League's and Races on P.CARS 2 PS4, being disrupted or completely ruined by very High PINGS, from mainly other Continents. Is it also a good idea to use Wi-Fi connection, also for League racing.? Should we really all be Hard- wired connection? (I am) but know alot are not, that Sign-Up for P.CARS 2 League's on PS4.
Turning up for races is a complete lottery at current, and has been for a while now. Is this the way it should be ?

I am alarmed, and have been concerned for a while now. (as are Many Others) that it seems not that important to solve the Dire Situation on improving the League experience on console especially.
I know AOR want the League's to be accessible as possible. But are we thinking about Quantity , more than Quality here. I Honestly think 150ms is far too high for console, to sustain a Comfortable connection for League Racing on NON Dedicated Client Off Loading Servers. It just dont work, as its proved in the last few League's ive taken part in. Just a joke really !

What does the Community think ? Is there a sollution for more stable races on console.

Last edited:

VSR Thomasethan

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans LMP1-H tier 1 Winner
Apr 10, 2018
I don't race enough to see these high pings since i'm only into my third season of GT3 and few one-off events. Every driver in GT3 Elite bar @Jarryd Vermeulen who lives abroad has a high ping but then again he hardly ever causes an issue, so i don't see it as a concern as of now, what does need to be looked into is inactive drivers, and those who leave lobbies during a league race, this is happening to frequently.

To be honest, while a poll can be held, i don't think issues regarding this topic happen enough for AOR to make a change, sure they can look into it and make a conclusion then but, honestly i don't think it's their top priority right now

Jarryd Vermeulen

F1 Reserve Driver
Nov 21, 2017
I don't race enough to see these high pings since i'm only into my third season of GT3 and few one-off events. Every driver in GT3 Elite bar @Jarryd Vermeulen who lives abroad has a high ping but then again he hardly ever causes an issue, so i don't see it as a concern as of now, what does need to be looked into is inactive drivers, and those who leave lobbies during a league race, this is happening to frequently.

To be honest, while a poll can be held, i don't think issues regarding this topic happen enough for AOR to make a change, sure they can look into it and make a conclusion then but, honestly i don't think it's their top priority right now
This obsession on ping is getting crazy lads.. I have not caused a single issue with my connection and I'm from 130 to 190 max ..I hit on odd times is 220 and I have never had issues or caused problems with anyone. Ping only becomes a problem above 270.. I race against people in other leagues with pings of that and we never have had issues that cause a person to crash out because of lag... online racing will never be perfect. If you crash into me with a ping like mine then you just a shat driver and has nothing to do with my ping. This is not at you Thomas this is at fog..;)

Last edited:

Golzy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 20, 2017
I dont think its all about ping to be honest. Theres a reason consoles are limited to 16 drivers. Ive been in races/lobbies with huge issues but everyone has a decent connection and ive been in races/lobbies with all green and had massive issues. Seems to be when theres a lot going weather wise and/or a large circuit.

I did have more issues on my standard ps4 than i do now with the pro. I just think its a problem with project cars in general on consoles.

1 tip is to completely restart the game before joining a league race lobby though. Stopped me having random disconnects

VSR Thomasethan

Apr 10, 2018
This obsession on ping is getting crazy lads.. I have not caused a single issue with my connection and I'm from 130 to 190 max ..I hit on odd times is 220 and I have never had issues or caused problems with anyone. Ping only becomes a problem above 270.. I race against people in other leagues with pings of that and we never have had issues that cause a person to crash out because of lag... online racing will never be perfect. If you crash into me with a ping like mine then you just a shat driver and has nothing to do with my ping. This is not at you Thomas this is at fog..;)
Mate, even though your ping varies from 130-190 I'm not concerned cause i've never seen you DC, teleport or cause a crash down to the ping so you are fine (y)

Jarryd Vermeulen

F1 Reserve Driver
Nov 21, 2017
Mate, even though your ping varies from 130-190 I'm not concerned cause i've never seen you DC, teleport or cause a crash down to the ping so you are fine (y)
Thanks mate oh and see you on track Wednesday. Hoping you doing better than me :ROFLMAO:

TwisterA1

Pro Karter
May 13, 2018
From my only season here at AOR I haven’t had any issue with having a hi ping for the most part it’s fine on my end but I don’t know about others.

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
It just had to happen !! :ROFLMAO::cry:This is from last nights GT3 Social on PS4. Unfortunately it didnt go very well. A perfect example of how alot of races can end up like this for me. I'm Sorry if this offends ;) but you can probably see why I brought this sensitive matter to the community in the first place !

Are there any Tech Guys out there who know more about Pings and Lobby stability for League Racing. ? Please ! ;)

If some of your are wondering ! This is my connection last night .

VSR Thomasethan

Apr 10, 2018
It just had to happen !! :ROFLMAO::cry:This is from last nights GT3 Social on PS4. Unfortunately it didnt go very well. A perfect example of how alot of races can end up like this for me. I'm Sorry if this offends ;) but you can probably see why I brought this sensitive matter to the community in the first place !

Are there any Tech Guys out there who know more about Pings and Lobby stability for League Racing. ? Please ! ;)

If some of your are wondering ! This is my connection last night .

That's not the point though, just because it's happening to you doesn't mean AOR is going to limit it, there needs to be a large majority of people saying the same thing which there isn't right now

C-FOGARTY

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
That's not the point though, just because it's happening to you doesn't mean AOR is going to limit it, there needs to be a large majority of people saying the same thing which there isn't right now
Hopefully its being monitored. Lets see how tonights races progress.

Chickano

PS4 GT3 S9 AM Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2018
i think there are lots of variables though it's not just about ping. Stability and packet loss are 2 things that spring to mind and that's just client side. Server side i don't know what goes on. But on console on battlefield there's 64 players and the experience is always pretty good (for me) so I think SMS has something to do with it