mick Hoogendoorn

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Platform + League: PC-Elite
League Coordinator: @Chloé
Date: 19-11-19
Members Involved: @Kapo
Description:
I think the problem here is that he just came way to fast in to t1. as you can see by his brake pedal in the bottom right. You can also see that when he noticed the speed difference that he tried to avoid it.
He waited
Evidence:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
Well.. It's a surprise for me to being here for this incident to be honest.. And I feel kinda broken.
First of all, he didn't lose position after this, I believe no damage and so on. I want to say that I'm sorry for the tap but he was way too slow without a reason, he had a big gap in front of him. I didnt come to t1 way too fast, I started to brake at 220m or maybe even at 250m and the car was on my control but you can see he almost stopped before turning.

I must add this, when I'm thinking about my previous 4 races.. this is NOTHING compared to them but its your right to take it to stewards. I really wonder what the decision will be.

• Agree
Reactions: dopey401

mick Hoogendoorn

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
To be honest, i personally hope they won't do anything. But since there are happening alot of incidents in the races i brought this one up also. to let the stewards see all the accidents during te race(not talking about the wheel to wheel rubbing/taps accidents), so the stewards can decide for the start of the next season(if that comes) if someone is qualified to race in the elite servers. and not only decide this by their pace (don't know if this is already a thing).

As you can see from my POV: i saw 3 cars side by side before braking in to T1. Nobel went around the outside on corner entry, so it was 2 wide (grey Ferrari and black/red Porsche) in to T1. As i didn't want to make it 3 wide i kept my car behind the rear wing of the ferrari. That's why i braked harder.

Kapo

Jun 6, 2018
I hope you didnt say that words for this incident because I think I have enough safe/clean driving skills to race in the elite tier, I have zero penalty points since I join AOR(1.5 years). Actually I think thats the main reason why I'm in tier1 because I'm not that fast/aggressive and I rather lose positions than making contacts.
I understand why you wanted to slowdown but, you had to use the space in front of you instead of slowing that much in the middle of the road. You could just follow Nobel and use the outside line..
As you can see I started to brake miles away and I didnt divebomb but just couldnt "stopped" the car.
Lets make it clear; you didnt lose position or didnt have damage after this, right?

mick Hoogendoorn

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
Slide1.jpg

quote "I understand why you wanted to slowdown but, you had to use the space in front of you instead of slowing that much in the middle of the road. You could just follow Nobel and use the outside line.. "
So you wanted me to to that?

From my POV it seemed like they went side by side in to T1. I didnt know where the inside apex was. The yellow Merc was on my inside.

Here you can see the speeds we were doing.
I didn't say that you braked early enough, i only sad i "I think you didn't brake hard enough"

I dont know your history. It's more like: If this happens more that you have accidents like that, they have enough/all the evidence they need to maybe say "your not allowed in tier one anymore".

For the record i made a very stupid mistake also in the zolder race. Ones maybe twice something like that can happen (it should happen 0 times i know..... but we all aren't profs). But if it happens more then that they should take action.

Last edited:

Kapo

Jun 6, 2018
I dont know your history. It's more like: If this happens more that you have accidents like that, they have enough/all the evidence they need to maybe say "your not allowed in tier one anymore".

For the record i made a very stupid mistake also in the zolder race. Ones maybe twice something like that can happen (it should happen 0 times i know..... but we all aren't profs). But if it happens more then that they should take action.
Wow, you talk like I smashed your rear with no brakes and ruined your race! This is not even close what you did at Zolder. Dont compare them pls. You continued the race after this tap, you didnt even lose a position! Thats why I dont understand all of this.
Seem like these are only your wishes as I understand( I dont understand why but it can be) Considering this was my first ever touch to someones rear in 1.5 years, organizers can decide who will race in which tier or in any tier at all. Yes I agree, dirty or too much aggressive drivers must be punished badly. But If you want them to relegate me to tier2 for this or kinda this, then there wouldnt be anyone in the league, more on that, theres no point in racing, we must play walking simulators.

There is no rule in the world "if you hit from back youre 100% guilty". In the end of course there is a contact, we cant ignore it and I take the responsibility from my side but I dont take it more than %50. You had PLENTY room in front of you but you decided to stop and go instead of let the car roll on the racing line.

What you show about speeds has no meaning. Everyone has a different racing line and speeds obviously. Most of the guys were on inside line, except you, me and Nobel. Nobel went to the line what I was expecting from you and you can see his speed difference from your video..
Adsız2.png

I like your edit on the photo/graph thats pretty cool but its not the fact. Real image says there will be no 3 wide situation if you would follow the racing line normally, which is the right thing to do from my point of view :

Adsız.png

Lets say its 3 wide... who says that t1 3 wide is forbidden?? Its quite doable if you just follow the racing line, give enough room and respect each other..
Adsız1.png

I'm really done with this. I said I'm sorry for the contact but I'm not gonna take all the blame for this.. Not in this world. No one can explain this to me.

I asked this questions several times, I'm asking again :
Did I destroy your race?
Did you have any damage after that??
Did you lose positions after that???
Hope you will answer this time and make it clear. Because I'm not going to waste my time anymore.I'll wait and see what the decision will be.

Reactions: dopey401

mick Hoogendoorn

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 3, 2019
1 nobel could pull that move because he was already beside/past them going in to 1 one. You expect me to do the same from so far back.
2 From the heli cam you can see that they slot back in behind eachother. From my POV there is no way i could have seen that from inside the car.

you want to make such a move in a 90 minutes race where its sad a 100 times to take it easy? If you want to, just make sure you outquali me because since i had that crash at zolder i dont go 100% competitive on the first lap anymore. Thats why the speed says it all. I was just doing the same speed as everyone else. So your argument of "he braked way to hard" isn't correct. Maybe you can go 3 wide in to the right hander but watch the carnage there is in real life in that left hander. You expect me with the damage model they have in ACC where it seems like every tap is X100 damage to do the same?

I see my crash at Zolder more like some(in my eyes) unexpected happened and because we were so close i had no chance to avoid it. Maybe here i did something unexpected in your eyes but you had plenty of time/space to avoid.

Did I destroy your race? No, Like i sad this whole post is to bring more awareness of all the taps/bumps/punts happen during a race. Just a simple heads up to everyone like "this happened to me". And if everyone does that maybe we can filter the people out that are just driving dirty in more occasions. I am not angry at all or anything
Did you have any damage after that?? Had damage. On turn in had to trail brake a bit more
Did you lose positions after that??? Yes to the bentley. lost a lot of time behind him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.