PS4 - CXC incident thru Eau Rouge | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 CXC incident thru Eau Rouge

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Platform + League: PS4 + CXC
League Coordinator: @Casper24-F1
Date: 29/12/2019
Members Involved: myself and @Joe2397
Description:
Start of Lap 3 I'm minding my own business, and see up the road Ferhan & Joer going side by side through Eau Rouge, anyway it doesn't really work for them with them both going wide.
Ferhan sensibly takes the to the run off but Joer instead of also doing that decides to slow down and get back onto the racing line, at this point I'm going through Eau Rouge at normal speed and don't have enough time to react this and end up completely breaking the right side of my front wing going into his rear.

Before this I already had a bit of damage to my front wing on Lap 1 but it was livable, obviously I assuming Joe your thoughts were on track limits (which I would understand) but this incident forced me to pit and completely ruined my race, and in the end I finished 16th. (Joer finished just a few seconds ahead of me)

Evidence:

Last edited:

Joe2397

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 21, 2018
You were over 20 seconds behind me the whole race
don't pretend you're much faster than me haha
I made a mistake in the last lap That’s the only reason it was only a few seconds hahaha

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You were over 20 seconds behind me the whole race
don't pretend you're much faster than me haha
I made a mistake in the last lap That’s the only reason it was only a few seconds hahaha
Very mature response, anyway the only reason I was that far behind for most of the race in the first place was because of what happened at Eau Rouge above, I lost around 30 seconds in total making my way round the rest of that lap and then pitting for a new wing.

All you had to do was go on the run off like Ferhan and then return to the track on the kemmel straight and this would have been avoided, if there was grass or gravel instead of the tarmac run off then I would have understood your decision at that time, but why anyone when going onto a safe runoff in wet conditons would choose to instead slow down and then try get back on the racing line in the middle of Eau Rouge (of all places) when there are drivers close behind them is beyond me and dangerous.

I did the only thing I could do in those conditions when you suddenly got onto the racing line and that was to get off the throttle, if I put the brakes on I would've locked up still hit you in the rear and probably would then spin, and then put Dave behind me at risk of hitting me and causing a big accident, in the end I made the right decision at Eau Rouge you didn't.

@Casper24-F1 can we get this moved to the stewards please thanks.

Joe2397

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 21, 2018
As you can see i went to the eau rouge with an other driver and I was on the inside
I had to drive more slowly to stay inside so as not to collide with Ferhan and because of that i had no more momentum

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well seeing as S18 is nearly over and its been nearly 5 weeks since I raised this, I'm assuming Head Steward will finally be making his decision on this and the other CXC threads by sometime next week.:unsure:

(and just to note after using the prefix for PS4 in the stewards panel and search through theres several more from further back that apparently haven't had decisions either)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
@Curly I know you've got your hands full with the sign up for Season 19 and the stewards maybe considered this pretty pointless now, but I'm still would like a decision on this as I did originally take the time to raise this with the stewards over 7 weeks ago, and surely its only fair that I get a decision in this.

Also there were a couple other CXC stewards threads still without a stewards decision, I'll post the links below to save you/Head Steward time.

Here is other 2 from the CXC unanswered:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You know what its just the principle at this point, regardless of the decision I think the least we all expect when anyone raises a stewards is you expect to get a decision in a reasonable timely manner.

I mean I had an idea that this would be low on the stewards priorities once the CXC ended, but the fact 3 stewards threads have been seemingly forgotten about is wrong, the thing is if you look at the other 2 its a pretty clear cut case that those time pens should be taken away, it really shouldn't take much deliberation when the evidence is there for all to see.

As I said before in the past, I like to think we all appreciate the fact people take time out of there day to adjudicate and allow drivers to be able to appeal incidents etc, also these days we know there can be plenty of stewards threads and we all accept it can take some time now for decisions to get made.
Now my criticism about this and the time it took/or is taking may be considered harsh/unfair by the stewards, but at this point I feel its fair when you compare this to the average time other steward threads take to get a decision.

Iceman46

3-time AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
You know what its just the principle at this point, regardless of the decision I think the least we all expect when anyone raises a stewards is you expect to get a decision in a reasonable timely manner.

I mean I had an idea that this would be low on the stewards priorities once the CXC ended, but the fact 3 stewards threads have been seemingly forgotten about is wrong, the thing is if you look at the other 2 its a pretty clear cut case that those time pens should be taken away, it really shouldn't take much deliberation when the evidence is there for all to see.

As I said before in the past, I like to think we all appreciate the fact people take time out of there day to adjudicate and allow drivers to be able to appeal incidents etc, also these days we know there can be plenty of stewards threads and we all accept it can take some time now for decisions to get made.
Now my criticism about this and the time it took/or is taking may be considered harsh/unfair by the stewards, but at this point I feel its fair when you compare this to the average time other steward threads take to get a decision.
I don't know if anyone is officially going to reply about this but in the meantime I'll just say nobody thinks this is anything other than a racing incident.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I don't know if anyone is officially going to reply about this but in the meantime I'll just say nobody thinks this is anything other than a racing incident.
That's your opinion Iceman and your entitled to it, either way though I'd still appreciate a official decision at this point. (as well as seeing the other unanswered CXC steward threads getting a decision)

Tremenator

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 24, 2018
That's your opinion Iceman and your entitled to it, either way though I'd still appreciate a official decision at this point. (as well as seeing the other unanswered CXC steward threads getting a decision)
You do understand that this competition was meant as a bit of fun and not a competitive league don't you? Like Iceman says, you're probably not going to get an official reply as it was a fun league ran over Christmas and especially given we are busy with preparations for season 19.

It's a racing incident anyway, car in front spins and you get caught up in it, simple.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You do understand that this competition was meant as a bit of fun and not a competitive league don't you? Like Iceman says, you're probably not going to get an official reply as it was a fun league ran over Christmas and especially given we are busy with preparations for season 19.

It's a racing incident anyway, car in front spins and you get caught up in it, simple.
Tremenator yeah I knew that and I did have fun in general in the CXC but it was still a competitive competition (instead of league) to a degree, if it wasn't then the stewards wouldn't have entertained any enquiries at all.

With this one I raised back then - the car in front didn't spin, the guy ahead was going off track onto a safe run off area.
But decided to instead stupidly slow down and get back onto the racing line through eau rouge, hence why I thought this shouldn't have happened in the first place and raised a stewards, regardless of head steward's decision (whether it was for or against) I would've accepted it like I have done in the past, however it is a tad annoying when you don't even get a decision.

Anyway whats done is done though something I will question and maybe you can answer, why was it the stewards answered and gave a decision to each enquiry of the PC CXC leagues within the space of 3 days (before the next CXC race happened), yet the only 3 PS4 CXC steward enquiries where completely ignored.
Sure I can understand some time taken with this one as it was an incident, but the other 2 were/are simple reversible time pens that don't/didn't really need any deliberation. (I've bumped both of them you can see for yourself)

Also its not like this and the other two weren't forwarded to the stewards (the co-ord Casper did that), its because of that and the comparison to the timing of the decisions the PC side got, this surely raises a key valid point - why was the PC side handled so promptly when it came to steward decisions?:unsure:

As you said yourself this was meant as a bit of fun and not a competitive league, however if that train of thought was true then the stewards wouldn't have made any decisions on CXC enquiries on the PC side as well back then.

Look I've made it clear in a earlier post here and I'll reiterate the point, I do understand that the stewards are run by people that kindly take time out of there day to make a stewards panel possible which we should all be grateful for.
But what has to be remembered on the flipside is people are taking time out of there day to raise a stewards in the first place and if they follow the protocols correctly, (just like the other 2 did for there CXC stewards) its only right and fair we all get a official decision regardless of the timing of it.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
@Wobbuffet just saw your ping from this. Think some mis-communication happened with these enquiries. I'll go find out what happened with them and give verdicts. Will be sorted by the end of the weekend.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
The stewards have looked at the footage and view this as a racing incident. We feel that a combination of large closing speed due to the initial contact and poor visibilty led to this incident more than the errors of a driver. As such, we will be taking no further action here.

@Wobbuffet @Joe2397

Status
Not open for further replies.