• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Dear Drivers,

in the last few races it became apparent, that with the new contact system its very easy to get away with unfair behaviour while battleing. Audatious divebombs, forcing others off the track and a general "bumper car" mentality is in the making. After some discussion we decided that using Sim Damage might be a solution to this problem. I think everyone here knows the pros and cons of this so we decided that its up to the drivers to determine the damage setting for the remainder of the season.

To use sim Damage a majority of 70% is required

@Aressi191 @Ali Kidd @alexukr @jamie-995 @Jthorn97 @Shellay @clarky_110 @wooly51 @BigC_019 @Bcolt93@HRacingGreen @Gamer_DA_best262 @Ollie_D631 @Rc-Alonso44 @JIM-NervoTank @jake_lfc01@BigshotP1ayerGR @David Greco @SynTeTiC96 @Simo911

Ali Kidd

F1 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Mar 26, 2016
Voted full. Sim is far too risky given the amount of lag we’ve experienced in the first few races imo, having sim would cause more problems than it would solve. If people are aggrieved about specific incidents where driving standards haven’t been great, then go to the stewards, that’s what they’re there for. Having sim damage won’t stop people from going for aggressive moves, it’s the nature of the game that it’s difficult to overtake so you’ll still have to try something that is reasonably ‘audacious’ when going for an overtake. I doubt sim damage would change anything in regard to driving standards. Also, you can get punctures from running over debris on sim (I think), and seeing as we don’t run SC doesn’t that mean it’ll just stay there all race?

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Agreed with Ali. With the level of lag and De-sync in the lobbies I think full is best.

I don't think people are going bumper cars because of full damage either.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
the wheel to wheel has been shocking and abysmal thus far. only thing that can clean it up at this point is sim damage and people realizing that you can't bounce people around everywhere

Simo911

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2017
Is there really difference in full and sim damage? I have no experience with sim damage in online races.

Sim damage may cause more problems. I think divebombing is not the issue but people who turn in front of each other. I think the innocent one will lose his front wing more easily. We have had Reduced damage in other league and it had worked really well. No faulty DRS...

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
The vote is over anyway (assuming only F1 drivers have voted), impossible to get a 70% vote now of 14...

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
well with 10 drivers againat the result is clear, Full damage remains our damage setting!

Reactions: BigC_019
Status
Not open for further replies.