AOR iRacing GTE S9 Pro-Am Champion
Dec 16, 2019
Thread Title: Jake Sanders Dangerous Rejoin
League: Aor GTE iracing
Date:10/02/2020
Members Involved: Isaac Morris + Jake Sanders
Lap & Corner:
Lap 4 last corner
Description: Jake goes off the the track with another car. While the other car rejoins safely, Jake swerves onto the racing line causing me to take avoiding action. This could've lead to an incident causing a crash that could've ended our races, even after the dangerous rejoin he didnt yield for position. I feel like what jake did was dangerous and should be penalised.

Twitch clip with pov--

VSR_Neptune

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 9, 2018
I have the car in front of me going slower than i was. I swerved to avoid a crash in front, not to rejoin the track. If i would have carried on i would have hit the bmw in front or hit the grass. Both putting me at risk of causing a big chain reaction crash. I felt this was the safer thing to do. I gave position to isaac in the following few corners anyway so i feel this did not affect the course of the race at all.

Isaac_Morris

AOR iRacing GTE S9 Pro-Am Champion
Dec 16, 2019
In my opinion if you are off track you should slow down to be able to rejoin safely and not put others in danger of a possible Incident. The car that was off track with you rejoined off the racing line and proceeded to take the outside line in the corner to reduce risk. You should’ve done the same and yes I got the position due to me making a far pass at the end of the straight while you still fought for the position.

VSR_Neptune

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 9, 2018
I let you through after, the only reason i didn't leave the door completely open was to not lose out to the other cars which I hadn't affected. I believe i did the best thing for safety because if i didn't pull back on then i would have hit the grass irrespective of how much i slow and i would have spun, potentially taking out 3/4/5 cars

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We understand this rejoin is not perfect and Jake could have perhaps waited to rejoin behind Isaac, but we don't feel it warrants a penalty, as it was a difficult situation. As result we have decided to give Jake a warning for his rejoin.

@Isaac_Morris @VSR_Neptune

Status
Not open for further replies.