Daytona 24h - 19.01.2019 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Daytona 24h - 19.01.2019

Nagrom

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2018
@Pretender Yes you would be driving the Ford. It's unlikely that we would need someone for the Porsche team thought, I don't want you to waste money ^^'

If you need any help to understand how the licence works or other things in iracing, don't hesitate to ask.

@Def , I think @Gosutoo will run the AMG GT3, but maybe his team is full already.

Def

Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
I have team mates already, just need a driver.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
sorry to hear! Didn't like Daytona or the car?
Neither of those (haven't even tried the car). Multiple other reasons, but mainly the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing. For example I got disqualified for not pitting when the game thought my car is too broken. Don't want something like that happening in a 24h race, it wouldn't be fair to others.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Neither of those (haven't even tried the car). Multiple other reasons, but mainly the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing. For example I got disqualified for not pitting when the game thought my car is too broken. Don't want something like that happening in a 24h race, it wouldn't be fair to others.
That happened to me once as well in the Mazda’s. I learnt my lesson :)

poisike78

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
That happened to me once as well in the Mazda’s. I learnt my lesson :)
Yeah, but the problem is that god knows how many such things there are that I don't know about.

Pretender

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 20, 2017
I'm in the same boat really as having got a clue how it's going to work really, the guys here seem very helpful though so hopefully get through it with little hiccups ;)

Nagrom

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2018
@poisike78 I understand your point. However, I think most of the time you'd have someone else in the discord channel to answer your questions/give advice ^^
But if you don't feel it, don't need to force you ;)

CarbonUK

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 23, 2017
I think you have to pit by the end of the 3 lap after the flag is shown

If you were make a mistake and accidentally got disqualified or crashed the car badly you shouldn't worry it happens in endurance race it's all part of the learning Curve. like @Nagrom said there more than likely be someone in the discord chat happy to help

Curly

S14 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Hey lads, should be available for this. Any seats left?

Pretender

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 20, 2017
I am happy for Curly to take the 4th Ford GTE seat as with @poisike78 I am not sure how well I would do at this race with me having very little iracing experience. Would definitely be interested in racing the Bathurst 12hr in GT3 if there is any seats going in that, maybe if there is enough interested we could run 3 cars there. Just wondering what GT3 cars do people recommend purchasing for that event and others, preferably one that handles well (y)

Nagrom

F1 Test Driver
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the info @Pretender
Ok then, @Curly, what would be your availability ? You would race with Team Ford, for the 2nd race (begins saturday at 1PM GMT)
(here is the planning where you can see everyone else availability : Google doc)

Curly

S14 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Thanks for the info @Pretender
Ok then, @Curly, what would be your availability ? You would race with Team Ford, for the 2nd race (begins saturday at 1PM GMT)
(here is the planning where you can see everyone else availability : Google doc)
I've put my availability in the spreadsheet. Happy to do night driving which it seems like the Ford team needs.

Def

Staff member
Jun 3, 2016
I am happy for Curly to take the 4th Ford GTE seat as with @poisike78 I am not sure how well I would do at this race with me having very little iracing experience. Would definitely be interested in racing the Bathurst 12hr in GT3 if there is any seats going in that, maybe if there is enough interested we could run 3 cars there. Just wondering what GT3 cars do people recommend purchasing for that event and others, preferably one that handles well (y)
AMG GT3 is stable, so that’s what I’m going for haha. If you want to race Daytona, we are looking for a driver or two.

poisike78

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I think you have to pit by the end of the 3 lap after the flag is shown

If you were make a mistake and accidentally got disqualified or crashed the car badly you shouldn't worry it happens in endurance race it's all part of the learning Curve. like @Nagrom said there more than likely be someone in the discord chat happy to help
I understand anything can happen in such a long race, but I don't want to feel responsible for ruining teams race with something stupid. I would love to try this, but it's not fair to others if I'm using it to learn the hard way.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Dagnabit i wish i could because i might get a laptop for my birthday. Wont have enough time to sign up

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks to photoshop master @Argon we’ll have a livery based on the Slotherines one, if that’s ok for you :)
Sound great to me. Am I right that just you as a team owner will have to assign the livery in trading paints to the team and afterwards trading paints will download the livery for all team members?

1547366953590.png

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016