DiRT Rally 2.0 - General Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

DiRT Rally 2.0 - General Discussion

FernandoM76

AOR Community Manager
Jul 27, 2018

On Wednesday, September 25th of 2018, Codemasters announced their new entry in the DiRT series - DiRT Rally 2.0.

To help get the word out, AOR has released a news article, our first since the website changes, detailing the game's announcement. You can read it for yourself right here in our news section.

Along with the announcement, a trailer and screenshots were also released.

Reactions: Nack5513

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Before anyone asks, I can confirm sign-ups for both the Rally and RX leagues will open on launch day. I'll utilize the early access from the deluxe edition and hopefully a spot in a private beta to make sure you're all up-to-date with the necessary information you may or may not want to participate in the league. For now I'm keeping a closeful watch, but if you see/read something about DiRT Rally 2.0 that you think might affect the leagues, don't be afraid to post it in here and tag me, @SereneLogic. :)

I'm going to try my best to make the leagues even a bigger platform on AOR and DiRT :)

Reactions: Marvin

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
Before anyone asks, I can confirm sign-ups for both the Rally and RX leagues will open on launch day. I'll utilize the early access from the deluxe edition and hopefully a spot in a private beta to make sure you're all up-to-date with the necessary information you may or may not want to participate in the league. For now I'm keeping a closeful watch, but if you see/read something about DiRT Rally 2.0 that you think might affect the leagues, don't be afraid to post it in here and tag me, @SereneLogic. :)

I'm going to try my best to make the leagues even a bigger platform on AOR and DiRT :)
Awesome. So AORHYPE for this game. I will also be coming back on Dirt Rally for rally league and may even do rallycross ;) ;) see you on the track in February.

Reactions: SereneLogic

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Ok, so looked at the promo covers in GAME.......

WHY IS IT RATED 18+

ARE WE REALLY GOING SO OVERBOARD WITH SENSITIVITY, RALLY GAMES, CONTROLLED RACES THAT ARE REGULATED ARE NOW RATED 18+?!

"These games are teaching kids to speed in real life" im guessing is the reason

WHAT THE WHAT! FIRST NFS GOES 16+, COD GOES 18+, SW BF IS NOW 16+

WHY DO GAMES HAVE TO BE 18+ THESE DAYS! MOST GAMES I SEE ON THE SHELF'S ARE 18+

I remember back when games were a variety of ratings.....NOT EVERY FPS OR ANYTHING REMOTELY MATURE BEING 18+!

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017

WHY IS IT RATED 18+

ARE WE REALLY GOING SO OVERBOARD WITH SENSITIVITY, RALLY GAMES, CONTROLLED RACES THAT ARE REGULATED ARE NOW RATED 18+?!

I remember back when games were a variety of ratings.....NOT EVERY FPS OR ANYTHING REMOTELY MATURE BEING 18+!
I have absolutely no idea

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017

WHY IS IT RATED 18+

I did some quick looking up, but I'm only getting 3+ ratings, which would be the reasonable rating. 18+ wouldn't make any sense xD

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
I did some quick looking up, but I'm only getting 3+ ratings, which would be the reasonable rating. 18+ wouldn't make any sense xD
Because people will be aiming for the crowd :p

FernandoM76

AOR Community Manager
Jul 27, 2018
Have you seen the car list yet? Looks great, doesn't it?!

Check it out on AOR's news section

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Have you seen the car list yet? Looks great, doesn't it?!

Check it out on AOR's news section
That's gotten more more excited than actually everything I've ever seen XD. That article looks absolutely gorgeous.

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Sadly with the current state of the build we can't hold any leagues. For Rally there simply isn't the clubs feature yet, as for RX we're missing a few key features:
  • Player vs. Player racing WITHOUT AI
  • Ability to select format's starting grid, i.e. whether we want to start in a line (as we'd do in Heats) or whether we want to start staggered (as we'd do in Semi's and Finals)
  • Ability to select who starts where on the starting grid (key feature for RX as with Semis and Finals, starting position is anything, should be determined by heats, which the system does, but we can't limit our leagues to 8 players....That'd be rather stupid.
  • ALSO A SPECTATOR CAMERA WHICH ISNT THERE ATM
So for AOR it's quite bad actually, the driving's amazing but atm AOR can't do anything but wait until we've got the resources in the game to hold a league either Rally or RX.