XB1 - Divebomb China Hairpin XB1 F3 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Divebomb China Hairpin XB1 F3

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Platform + League: XB1, F3 Europe.
League Coordinator: @AOR Benjamin and @nemura
Date: 14/10/18, China Race.
Members Involved: Myself and @Danny Shaw
Description: Danny was 100 M behind me but he braked late, touching me and making me spun, I didn’t leave a space on the inside because I think he was too far away and I didn’t expect him to do that.
Evidence:

• Informative
Reactions: AOR Benjamin

Danny Shaw

2-time AOR XB1 F3 Champion
Apr 2, 2017
I don’t have a Recording of this incident as I was coming through the field and the ghosting system is poor on this game so I risked taking someone out if I pause because someone was right behind me, my view on this incident I have a lot of people who can back me up that joglar whilst in the lobby before the session and whilst driving had poor connection and we know he isn’t from the UK, it’s the same situation as me and boberts last week I went for the move I made very little contact and he has spun around like I smashed him the desynchronise is very poor on this game. I apologised to him after the race and explained we barely touched on my screen but I hit the kerb made my apex and he left no room, I’m not sure when In that situation I’m meant to go if he leaves room we don’t even make contact even with the desynchronisation

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
I don’t think this is a case of D-sync, I know I have poor connection and all of that, but you braked too late, and I think even without the D-sync you would hit me, but you don’t have your POV so the only thing we know is that you touched me making me spun, you don’t have evidence

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
I don’t know if you can see the right mirror: his car completely goes into me, check that, I should put it in the first message @AOR Benjamin

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Almost the same happened in real life, and Gasly got a 10-second pen, I think it’s the actually same incident. You can watch it here at minute 1:45

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
After reviewing the evidence, the stewards have agreed that @Danny Shaw is at fault for this incident. He was too far back to attempt an overtake on @Joglar17. @Danny Shaw should of backed off and waited for a better chance to overtake. Here is our rule on overtaking @Danny Shaw

● Don't be too aggressive when trying to overtake. As the chasing car, it is generally your responsibility to not make contact with the car in front.

● Do not force another car off the track by leaving it too little room on corner entry or exit. If the other car is alongside you when going into a corner (at the turn-in point*), or when exiting a corner, you must adjust your line to avoid contact. Being sufficiently 'alongside' to warrant being left room is generally judged as the attacking car's nose being alongside or ahead of the defending car's sidepod.

We therefore give @Danny Shaw a 10 second time penalty + 10 penalty points for Causing a Moderate Avoidable Collision.

Closed. @Joglar17 @Danny Shaw @nemura @AOR Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.