Driver Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Driver Introduction Thread

Craig Baxter

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014
Hello everyone!

Welcome to AOR's F1 league on rFactor 2. Whether you're a new or returning member, on the behalf of the rFactor coordinating team I wish for you all to have a great experience racing with us for the upcoming season

The purpose of this thread is to give you a chance to introduce yourself to the other drivers, so we can get to know about each other's situation and aspirations from this season.

Questions:

1) Tell us about yourself! (e.g. name, age, occupation, favourite track etc.)
2) What experience do you have of racing in AOR?
3) What rFactor experience do you have?
4) What do you hope to achieve during this season?
5) Who do you think will be your biggest rival/challenge to beat?

If you have anything else you'd like to discuss about yourselves then feel free to share!

n0body_

2 Time AOR iRacing GTE Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
(Yes, the first 3 questions are a direct c/p from the F2 league.)

Questions:

1) Tell us about you! (e.g. name, age, occupation, favourite track etc.)
My name is Ross (as you would’ve seen in the test race). I’m 16 born and living in the UK studying maths, chemistry and computer science A levels. Did karting as a hobby for around 6 years but stopped a couple months ago because of a lack of money. Favourite track would probably be Singapore, which is weird seeing as how I hate every other street circuit. Setup wise I’m rocking pretty much the exact same as @DemoN, just swap the ironing board for a desk and duck tape the pedals to the carpet.

F1 Season 14 is my first season, although I have been a long time follower (Since around S7-8) Got placed in F2 but was very quickly moved up to F1 and have been there since, even somehow managed to put it on the front row around Monaco.

Prior to S14, none. But I got picked up by Avid Chronic Racing just before the season started and have gotten lots more since. Guested FSR Singapore last year, and anyone who has watched an FSR Pro race can take a guess at how that ended. Alongside this, I am hopeful to compete in endurance events, setup both by AOR and P1 gaming. Plus the F2 league ofc

Not being this league’s version of Jolyon Palmer, and beating @Timp

Not @Timp, as he is very slow. Probably some of the guys from Nebula last year because if current form stays then I’m looking very slow and it will be hard to, but I want to get there.

Last edited:

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
Hello, im Tino Naukkarinen aka Timp, im 17 years old, From FInland and i live near Helsinki. Im currently Studying ICT (information and communications technology) at vocational school. Still rocking with DFGT XD ikr should upgrade.
Currently im doing my debut season in F1 2017 Split 1 which is going alright considering im battling for a title :p. After that i don't have any AOR experience.
Literally none, so its going to be kinda a learning course for myself :D
Points would be good
@n0body_
no doubt

Last edited:

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017
My name is Brandon and I am 15 years old. I am in Year 10 at the moment in London, where I do Computing and Business Studies for my GCSEs but I was born in Germany where I spent the first 12 years of my life. I'm not sure what my favourite track is sadly but I must say that I have good memories at Bahrain as it was the first ever race where I won a race against AI on a racing game and it actually also was my first AOR victory in S13 on F1 2016. I recently got s T300 (GTE rim but hoping to buy F1 rim soon) and I have a very decent PC (Ryzen 1500X, GTX 1060, 8GB RAM). My main hobbies, I guess, are watching F1, playing football, anything with PCs and gaming and I love listening to rap music,
I was runner-up in AOR F1 2016 Split 2 in S13 due to some bad luck and glitches on my side. That was also my first ever season of league racing ever. I also participated in the first 5 races of S14 where I was in F2 and was able to get consitent points (in the races that I finished) but had to stop due to technical issues and also time issues.
Currently I am participating in the F2 league, which is my first ever rFactor league. I think I have pretty decent pace so far as now in the first two races I had potential to get points and even be in the top 5 or 6. However, I seem to have very very bad luck on this game so I have only been able to get points in 1 race so far. I have both rFactor 1 and 2 as I got intrigued after seeing some of the F1 mods the games have. Until now I just casually played now and then so this is the first time of me actually trying to be fast in the game.
I just hope for some clean and fun races in this season and I also hope to just gain some speed in the game to be able to be competitive. I think some decent point scoring positions will be possible looking at my pace from the F2 season so far.
Idk to be honest. I will definitely want to beat @LambreX if or when he signs up as we basically have been rivals for about a year now. We started off as rivals in RyanL83's RWTS championship, where he won I believe (But mainly due to me being taken out by noobs) and then we were both in Split 2 for S13, where we sadly didn't get close a lot on track (except in Monaco when I lapped him lmao).

Last edited:

Sam Carpenter

Reigning rFactor 2 Monday League Champion
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Nov 16, 2017
I'm a 19 year old English university student who has spent far too many hours on rFactor 1 and 2, probably in the thousands of hours in the last 5 years.
My favourite track is a difficult one. I love the usuals like Spa, Silverstone etc, but Donington, Singapore, Brazil and Catalunya are up there too. Spain and Monaco are my most competitive tracks in rFactor.

IMPORTANT TRAITS TO KNOW ABOUT ME:
- I destroy my tyres.
- My talent is extremely track-selective
- I bottle qualifying and start low top 10 a lot.
- I forget everything about setups every weekend
- Sometimes I'm a wimp and lose 5 positions at the start
- Sometimes I try to be aggressive and gain 5 instead
- Sometimes I try to be aggressive and take out 3 people
- On the plus-side, the above points make me very unpredictable. Even to myself

Literally done one social race on F1 2014 but followed it since 2011.

- Hundreds upon Hundreds upon Hundreds upon Hundreds upon Hundreds upon Hundreds of hours in the last 5 years or so.
- I'm Team principal of Sabre Racing which has (technically) existed since early 2015. 4 drivers have driven for me since then.

Top 3 would be amazing, but top 5 is more likely.

Scott Davison or Kieran Chadwick. I can see Woodford becoming a new one though, I want to beat him. Parvez too if he races full time.

• Faff
Reactions: n0body_

Sabba7h

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm Sulley. I just turned 18 on the 7th. My personal favorite tracks are Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Shanghai, and Catalunya.
F1, 8th split, season 14. I'm pretty inexperienced.

Besides playing rF1 with a keyboard when I was 9-12, none. I don't even own rF2 yet but I will buy it soon.

I just want to see how big a difference it is between F1 2017 and rF2, and see how big the gap is between me and more experienced simracers.

Probably my teammate, Gerrit (SooSial). He and I are teammates in F1 2017 as well, and the level of experience everyone else has in sim racing in this league would be too much for me to say I could be up there.

I hope I'm not too shabby at this xD

Craig Baxter

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014
I'm 20 years old, Scottish and I am in my 4th year of a Software Engineering degree at university. Been simracing since 2014 and to list my favourite track(s) it would be: Bahrain, Istanbul and Singapore although my best track may actually be Hungary despite my distaste for it.

Not very much apart from that I took part in Season 8 of F1 2013 in split 2 and was leading the championship before the whole *censored name* scandle happened and I and many others decided to no longer race for the season.

I'd say quite a lot, started with rFactor 1 in 2014 and also tested rFactor 2 with the FSR 2014 mod then as well although not much. Done 3 seasons of Nebula on rFactor 1 and then last one year on rFactor 2. Would say I have easily over 1000 hours on rFactor 1 and probably close to that on rFactor 2 as well due to FSR 2015 PRO and Nebula 2017.

Aiming to challenge for the championship unless an alien signs up to the league. Would also be good to place high in the constructors standings and at least challenge for that as well. Hopefully can end my Monaco bad luck and cross the line there without any issues. Would also like to get better at putting in a good qualifying lap in Q2 instead of relying on my first runs.

At the moment It would probably be @Scott Davison as he always has good one lap pace although I can normally edge him out over a race distance if we are looking at Nebula's last season. @Sam Carpenter would be one if he didn't eat tyres for breakfast. @Era and @xNinja could make a few races interesting as they are racing as reserves.

Scott Davison

Formula Karter
Nov 18, 2017
I'm an 18 year old British university student who has been sim-racing since 2014 when I joined Nebula Racing's inaugural rFactor season. My favourite track would probably be either Monaco, Canada or Silverstone which are usually good tracks for me pace wise also.
I took part in split 4 (I know) of season 8 on F1 2013 when I first started racing competitively on a pad as I wasn't great, but I managed to win a couple of races. I then parted ways with AOR for 5 years.

I've competed in 4 Nebula rFactor F1 leagues as-well as 3 winter series and the current ongoing AOR F2 league. I'm slowly learning setups and in the process of building some speed and consistency.

I hope to fight at the front as much as possible, pick up some wins if possible and challenge for the top three in the championship.

It's difficult to say. Craig will probably be the toughest driver to beat but I'll try and be close. Sam Carpenter, Kieran Chadwick and I were close in last seasons Nebula so it'd probably be them, although it remains to be seen how the AOR guys such as Ross and others such as Parvez perform, which will probably be at a high level.

archii16

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 27, 2018
I am an 17 year old Dutch student who started to simrace in 2014 when I bought my first wheel (which im still using :joyful:) together with Assetto Corsa. Since 2017 I play rFactor 2 after I received an invite to race in VEC and VLMS. Havent got any specific favourite track but I like Bathurst (not exactly a F1 track :lol:), Singapore, Catalunya, COTA alot and I am sure I missed some tracks which are great too.
None. I got invited by Joey Vrolijk who showed me this F1 league and asked if I was interested to join, and yes I am :) So I am looking forward to my first race with AOR.

I bought rF2 in 2016 but never really played it till 2017. This was when I got invited to SimHQ and started to do some endurance racing events, with the goal to prepare me for VEC. I started out in VLMS but got asked to drive for the VEC team car too and together with them. I also race in the P1 Gaming 24hr series (where I took my first pole in rF2 :joyful:) I also had a single outing in FSR Ace division together with Idos Motorsport (which races here too :) ), this is where Joey saw me race and asked me to come and race here. So I have experience driving high downforce machinery (prototypes) but open wheel is still relatively new for me in rF2.
To be as high up as possible. As said above I don't have alot of open wheel in experience, in rF2 atleast, so I really dont know what to expect. Just try and be competitive :)

I haven't really met anyone yet so I don't know how quick everyone is, but I am sure they are quick! The challenge for me will be adapting to 2018 car, need to gain experience and get better along the way.

MPankratov

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 29, 2017
1) Tell us about yourself! (e.g. name, age, occupation, favourite track etc.) 21 year old student studying Motorsport Engineering in UK, originally from Estonia. Favourite track on the calendar is probably the Red Bull Ring in Austria.
2) What experience do you have of racing in AOR? Currently doing the AOR Formula 2 leauge on rfactor 2.
I have 6 years worth of rfactor experience. Upgraded to rfactor 2 at the start of last year.
Solid top 10 finishes.
Will see, who ever is around me in standings :D

• Informative
Reactions: Craig Baxter

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Name's Rik, online alias Rienk. I'm a 20 year old programmer from The Netherlands. I only got into sim racing last year, when I bought a G29, so I've been doing my best to catch up the last months. Favorite track is probably Spa, closely followed by Austria and Monaco.
I'm currently racing in the AOR F1 2017 league. I'm having a lot of fun there and I can already tell I've improved a bunch.
Next to nothing. I used to play rFactor a lot when I was a kid, on a shitty old wheel. Back then I had the time of my life, even though I had no concept or idea of how to be fast. Had rFactor2 for a bit, just starting to pick it up again recently.
To finish more races than I DNF. For real though, this season is going to be all about improvement for me. I need to learn so much to get up to pace with the faster guys, and I'm quite a bit behind.
I already know @n0body_ and @Timp, so I'm probably gonna compare my times to theirs. I'm not gonna beat them, but the fact that I can focus on their times and see where I'm missing out is hopefully gonna help me a lot. Real rivals usually appear as the season progresses, so looking forward to when I find mine.

Last edited:
  • Informative

NoahDJR

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Aug 22, 2016
Hey, I'm Noah, I am 17 years old from Germany. I'm currently doing my "Abitur" which is the german equivalent for A-Levels on a school with Economic focus. I'm watching F1 since I was 3 years old and since then been obsessed by Motorsport and Cars. I also have been playing racing games since I was 3yrs old ;). Also I'm currently driving in a little karting league on a local karting track here in Germany. My favourite track inside of F1 would be Singapore, and my favourite track outside of F1 is the one and only Nürburgring :joyful:.
I've started racing in AOR in 2016 on the F1 2016 leagues on XBOX. I actually got inspired to race in league racing by people like @Mac Shepherd and @Sam Carpenter who have uploaded their races from NRL on Youtube :joyful:. Since then I have done 2 and a half seasons on the Codies F1 Games, 3 seasons of GT3 on PCARS 1 & 2 and also another season of Indycar on PCARS 1. On the start of this year I have switched from XBOX to PC. Also on my first ever season on AOR, @VSR Iceberg has been there with me aswell and since then we have been basically in every league/season together :lol:

Nothing, I didn't even owned the game until a couple of days ago. I just saw this league here and know that I wanted to sing up ASAP :lol:.

I have no clue where I will be pace wise, but I will be very happy with points considering this giant field of drivers! I hope that @VSR Iceberg and I will bring home some good results for the team ;)

My biggest challenge will be as always to set up the car correctly:lol:, I am horrible with set-ups!

• Informative

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
Hey, I'm Jukkapekka, I'm 19 years old from Finland. My favourite tracks are probably Monza and Bahrain.
I've done S12 and S13 on F1 and currently doing S14, all on XBOX. Also i did GT3 S7 and Indycar S1 and S2 on PCARS 1 and i did GT3 S8 on PCARS 2, these on XBOX too. After changing to PC i have done ACL (Asseto corsa league) S4 and currently doing Ginetta league on PCARS 2.

Nothing, i only bought the game earlier this week, so yeah it's safe to say there is quite a lot of learning to do before first race.

Getting some points would be good goal to start with

Difficult to say really who will be my biggest rival, i know the Nebula guys will be super fast so if i can challenge them during the season that would be nice

• Informative

t0mzz

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
Hey, my name is Thomas, I'm 18 from France. My favourite track is Monaco, closely followed by Suzuka and Spa-Francorchamps.

I've been a member of AOR for 11 months and have only raced in the F1 leagues so far (PC F3 more specifically) in which I won the championship in S13. I also recently took part in the iRacing 12 hours of Bathurst endurance race in an AOR team.

I don't have a big rFactor experience tbh - participated in the Austria F2 league race last week but other than that, I play rFactor pretty casually.

I don't expect anything from this season except for having fun really. I'll try to improve my driving throughout the season on a game which I'm not playing that often.

Since @Meireloso is not doing the championship, I don't have any rival or challenge atm. Maybe I'll set myself objectives during the season but so far idk how fast/slow I am compared to the other drivers in the league.

• Informative

danove_b

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2018
Hi! I'm Dan-Ove Brantholm, 47(!) years old and comes from Sweden. Working as a engineer, and also have programming as a hobby. I like all the old track's that are so far as possible from a "painted airport". My first visit to a real F1 race was at Hungary Ring, and was after that my favorite for a long time. I Probably have the most hours driving sim F1 of us all because of my age, and started in the 90's with Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix Series. I have played GP2, GP3 and finally GP4. If I also had some talent... :O)
First season. Joined my first league last year (Nebula)

Have raced rfactor1 since 2010 and bought rfactor2 last summer just before I joined nebula.

Well, before the test race I was aiming to be in top 10 during the season with about 20 on the grid, But now I realize that there are a lot of competitive drivers
in this league. I also Understand that the test race was also missing some experienced sim racers.
All the ones who qualify about 2 seconds from Pole like me...

Was cleaning out some old things yesterday and found a piece of history...

1518542197257.png 1518542176182.png

• Informative

Copper Piston

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 1, 2018
My name is Damian Hall (Copper Piston), 35 years old of the beautiful island of Barbados. I'm currently a Police Officer attached to the tactical response unit of the Royal Barbados Police Force. I don't have a favorite track from the list per say.

I am currently taking part in season 9 of the GT3 Pro league.

I have no prior rfactor experience but from what I have seen so far I can tell it will be amazing.

I hope to be consistently improving and finish races.

My biggest rival will be myself. Every race I will be aiming to improve on my performance from the one before it.

MChederz

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 8, 2014
My name's Kieran and I'm a 21 year old software developer living in Manchester. My favourite track is the one and only rainbow road but if we're talking real life tracks then it's probably Hockenheim. I'm doing custom projects including the overlay for this season's streams. This is under the Ninja Labs name which you'll probably see on some of the cars this season (including my own).

I have absolutely no experience racing with AOR but I did do the last 3 F1 leagues with Nebula.

All my RF2 experience comes from league racing (again Nebula). I rarely go on it for anything else.

With the base setup being a lot better this season, I'm aiming to finish 3rd and have some good battles with Scott and Sam. VR has helped me a lot in terms of driving the car smoother and more accurately so I'm hoping my quali and race pace improves as a result of that. In all honesty, I just want closer racing even if that means I don't end up finishing as high at the end of the season.

Sam/Scott. I know there are other fast guys who are racing but I've never raced with them before. Hopefully they can join in on the battle too.

• Optimistic

ProDragonfire

Junior Karter
Apr 4, 2018
Hi Guys! My name is Steve, you can find me more commonly under the name ProDragonfire over at twitch, now 27 im starting to feel like i've lost the title of young whipper haha. In the real world away from streaming and racing, i'm a retail manager for a big sports chain, whilst also working at Silverstone some weekends. My Favourite Track(s) are Suzuka, Spa, Silverstone and Zolder.

I don't currently have experience of running in AOR, however i come from a background of running F1 leagues on rFactor 1 and 2 and also Endurance racing also namely VEC (Back in 2012) and then F1 using the FSR mod at Core-Racing.

A huge wealth, Primarily racing at SimHQ and Core-Racing, picked up numerous victories in various disciplines, from STCC (Skoda Touring Car Championship), V8 Supercars, F1 FSR mod, VEC, SCES and a handful of outings when Race2Play was around, and a handful of podiums at CMS (Champion Motorsport) as well as Simulation events at Silverstone for World Series by Renault and WEC weekends, frequently placing near the top on their hotlapper boards.

4) What do you hope to achieve during this season? I would love to get the chance to maybe become a reserve driver for a team, or Test Driver for a team with a view to building towards a race seat.

I'd like to push myself to be with Jordy in terms of raw pace.

Mathias Guldager

Pro Karter
Apr 25, 2018
Hello my name is Mathias Guldager, my favourite track is Monaco, and I have been racing in simracing for around 2 years
If I have to be honest I litteraly have no experience in AOR at all.
I have been racing in a league called f1sim.dk and otherwise I have been racing in Rfactor2 for around 6 months
I hope to achieve some good points and just keep the car going without crashing it ;-)
I think that my Teammate will be my big rival to beat, but my target is just not to finish last in my first race and then take it from there.