PS4 - Elite League Season 2 Awards | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Elite League Season 2 Awards

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Ive seen this done in a few leagues and I thought why not do it here. Pick a driver (or race) who isn't yourself and give them a vote in the following categories

DRIVER OF THE SEASON- Who has been the best driver on track this season
ROOKIE OF THE SEASON- Who has been the best newcomer to the AOR GT leagues in the elite league
RACE OF THE SEASON- What's been the best race you've competed in over season 2
MOST IMPROVED DRIVER- Which driver has shown the most improvement throughout the season or even from season 1
BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON- Which individual effort impressed you over the course of the season
BEST OVERTAKER OF THE SEASON- Who has performed the best overtakes over the course of the season
BEST DEFENDER OF THE SEASON- Who has put in the best defensive efforts all season long
UNLUCKIEST DRIVER- Who has had the worst luck this season
SURPRISE OF THE SEASON- What surprised you the most throughout the season
ONE TO WATCH FOR SEASON 3- Who do you think will be a challenger for next season

Reactions: evanzo7

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
I'll kick of precedings here :)

Driver of the season- @iSuperScrub- He's been fantastic and honestly should be battling for the title. His four victories show his fantastic speed (Honourable mention to @Drastics)
Rookie of the season- @RicciardoF1 He has been very quick all season long and has been very impressive in the RUF
Race of the season- Round 7, Sonoma- It offered a fantastic scrap for 2nd, even though overtaking is quite difficult.
Most improved driver- @jenda1975 He has improved a lot since season 1 in my opinion and he has done a good job
Best individual performance of the season- @Marz at Zhuhai- He did a great job to qualify within 5 tenth of my very quick pole time and showed good race pace in his debut event
Best overtaker of the season- @Big-Kid-Daddy- I haven't seen a lot of overtaking but @Big-Kid-Daddy and I always have clean battles and overtakes
Best defender of the season- @Big-Kid-Daddy- Again, I've had a lot of clean battles with him and he always is tough to battle with
Unluckiest driver of the season- @iSuperScrub- He would be right up there if it wasn't for some bad luck
Surprise of the season- Damn I can't vote for myself winning twice here. Again, has to be @Marz for having very good pace in his debut race
One to watch for season 3- @RicciardoF1 (Honourable mention to @Marz )

evanzo7

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 8, 2015
Great idea! :)

DRIVER OF THE SEASON- @iSuperScrub | If it wasn't for his bad luck I think @Drastics would be under a lot of pressure going into the final race.
ROOKIE OF THE SEASON- Not sure who else is new to the league but either way it is @RicciardoF1 for me, great perfomances especially for his first season racing without ABS!
RACE OF THE SEASON- Best result was Silverstone but I enjoyed Donington thoroughly so it has to be Donington for me!
MOST IMPROVED DRIVER- Tough one because most people have been consistent but I think I'll have to give this to @jenda1975 . To me Jenda has always been quick but in the early races you matched me for inconsistency with your spins etc but the last few races I have seen you finish very well
BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON- Hard to say since I don't always see each car each race but I know @Drastics had issues at Road America and to come back and get 2nd seems like an immense drive!
BEST OVERTAKER OF THE SEASON- Would love to give myself this for some good overtakes at Donington if I do say so myself! ;) but no this has to go to @Big-Kid-Daddy because he has overtaken me a lot this season and each time has been clean and excellent!
BEST DEFENDER OF THE SEASON- @Big-Kid-Daddy again here because he is the guy I've battled with more than anyone else!
UNLUCKIEST DRIVER- Anyone who has ever had issues with the bugs in this game, mainly @iSuperScrub though!
SURPRISE OF THE SEASON- Surprise of the season is Silverstone being my best all round result of the season, personal best Quali and Race. It is surprising as it is a track I despise but if I have to pick someone else then it is @RicciardoF1 for getting several podiums in his debut season, some excellent results!
ONE TO WATCH FOR SEASON 3- @iSuperScrub if he can get rid of the bad luck and @RicciardoF1 as he will have had a season under his belt, a strong one at that!

Bring on Season 3....well Round 10 first, then Season 3! :D

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
DRIVER OF THE SEASON- @iSuperScrub and @Drastics both massive pace on a league of their own...
ROOKIE OF THE SEASON- @RicciardoF1 had some consistent pace througout the season.
RACE OF THE SEASON- Sonoma...absolutely loved the battles I had with @Tigerkart_22 and @RicciardoF1
MOST IMPROVED DRIVER- @jenda1975 did a very nice job this season compared to last season.
BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON- I think the wins @Tigerkart_22 had with his Merc...
BEST DEFENDER OF THE SEASON- Haven't got to many battles where I was blocked...drove a lot of lonely races this season :)
UNLUCKIEST DRIVER- I think @pete day he had great pace during qualifying most of the time but was unlucky in the races with incidents, disconnects etc.
SURPRISE OF THE SEASON- @Big-Kid-Daddy allthough he allready had one season of experience with the Mclaren he did a great job being very consistent througout the season.
ONE TO WATCH FOR SEASON 3- Anyone in a Z4?! :)

RicciardoF1

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 8, 2015
DRIVER OF THE SEASON-
@Drastics I have to go with Drastics, Because after his issues in races he remained calm and stormed through the field (Which I found almost impossible to fight off!

ROOKIE OF THE SEASON- I'm not sure of the rookies entered to answer this! Can someone fill me in? :)

RACE OF THE SEASON- Tough one! It's really close between the two, But Donnignton for me! The battle with
@Bluerat was such a good first AOR experience! I was so pumped after!

MOST IMPROVED DRIVER- Again, I can only do this based on progression this season alone, But
@Lorrentz I would say, Seemed to have mainly midfield results to start with, But has lately been very strong!

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON-
@Tigerkart_22 on his full time debut at Monza, Showed up in a class of his own!

BEST OVERTAKER OF THE SEASON-
@Drastics again, When he stormed through at the end of races I couldnt defend against him for more than a few corners!

BEST DEFENDER OF THE SEASON-
@Bluerat definitely, Proved that to me time and time again this season.

UNLUCKIEST DRIVER-
@iSuperScrub theres no competition for this one!

SURPRISE OF THE SEASON-
@Marz showing up from pretty much out of nowhere and schooling us all! ;)

ONE TO WATCH FOR SEASON 3- Tricky to tell! I think
@evanzo7 has some potential if he keeps it on the black stuff! @Tigerkart_22 shows amazing potential too!

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
DRIVER OF THE SEASON- Who has been the best driver on track this season
@Drastics , Championship winner say no more.
ROOKIE OF THE SEASON- Who has been the best newcomer to the AOR GT leagues in the elite league
@Tigerkart_22
Got better as the season progresses, impressed and jealous of the 2 wins .

RACE OF THE SEASON- What's been the best race you've competed in over season 2
Monza for falling behind with pressure behind me but pulled it out with a couple of overtakes and consistent lap times.

MOST IMPROVED DRIVER- Which driver has shown the most improvement throughout the season or even from season 1?
@Tigerkart_22
Again, impressed as last season did not show pace he has shown this season.

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON- Which individual effort impressed you over the course of the season
@chris130256
Not an official driver but great drive to win after not competing this season and decides to come back and win 1st race back.

BEST OVERTAKER OF THE SEASON- Who has performed the best overtakes over the course of the season?
@evanzo7
Impressed with his race craft when we have raced near each other , takes a good line for the cut back.

BEST DEFENDER OF THE SEASON- Who has put in the best defensive efforts all season long
Tough one this , I will have to say @Bluerat , we had a incident at barca but since then it's been good and our pace more races than not is very similar and it's hard to overtake someone on similar pace.

UNLUCKIEST DRIVER- Who has had the worst luck this season
@pete day
Winning at Silverstone and disconnected, other disconnect, race incidents, unlucky season, should be a lot stronger in league.

SURPRISE OF THE SEASON- What surprised you the most throughout the season
@Tigerkart_22
Winning 2 races , who would have thought it at start of season, even @Tigerkart_22 could not believe it.

ONE TO WATCH FOR SEASON 3- Who do you think will be a challenger for next season.
@iSuperScrub should challenge stronger for the title.

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
DRIVER OF THE SEASON- @Drastics an overwhelming performance.

ROOKIE OF THE SEASON- @RicciardoF1, great racer with bags of patience, loved racing him.

RACE OF THE SEASON- Donnington, I love that track and it made for a great race especially with @RicciardoF1 .

MOST IMPROVED DRIVER- @Tigerkart_22 to come along and win a few against these boys and girls is incredible.

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON- @Marz, he came outa nowhere in the last race

BEST OVERTAKER OF THE SEASON- Tough one as I was overtaken ALOT, probably @Lorrentz although some of his moves had more balls than they maybe should have haha ;-). Either him or @Pope in the few races he joined us he did some great overtaking.

BEST DEFENDER OF THE SEASON- Again tough as I was never really in a position to overtake anyone on speed alone. For that reason I give this to everyone :D

UNLUCKIEST DRIVER- @iSuperScrub, he's had a rough one.

SURPRISE OF THE SEASON- @Lorrentz, I didn't think Maldonado played Project CARS ;-) haha just kidding.

ONE TO WATCH FOR SEASON 3- @iSuperScrub, if he gets a bit of luck it will be great to see him battle against @Drastics

Overall a brilliant season sadly interrupted by internet woes. Look forward to lining up on the grid next season!