Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
First of all, we want to thank everyone for taking part in this season of the GTE league. We think this once again was a successful season with great championship battles that were decided in the last round. Congrats to Woodford, Van Putten and Yardley for winning the Pro, Pro-Am and AM championships respectively!

The GTE will continue with season 9. However, there will be a little break between S8 and the start of S9. This was highly requested by everyone and this seems like the perfect opportunity to implement a little break during the holiday season. In the next few weeks we're going to announce the details and changes for S9. The sign-up period will be a little bit longer than normal, as the break gives us more time for that. During the break we will be hosting special events/races with different formats to accommodate the drivers that still want to do some racing during this period. Suggestions are welcome for these races.

We hope to see you back for round 1 of S9 on the 6th of January!

Last edited:

Gibson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2018
I would like to congratulate all the podiums of each class. Thank my teammates, Seb, Alex and Sylvain, all the participants of this championship and in particular the drivers with whom we fought in the race, I think of J. Halliwell for my first victory at Le Mans. And to finish a big thank you to the organization Stephan, Niclas, Argon, Marvin, KK for his enthusiasm to comment on the races and I do not forget Stevie because we miss him. See you In the next season.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
As always it has been a pleasure to compete in this league for what was my 4th time. No need to repeat what @Gibson said about the organization but I feel the same. Seeing the league evolving for the past 15 months gave me a glimpse of what it takes tu run something like this. Congrats for just making it happen!
I'm one of these who thinks the live stream is crucial for this league to stay healthy and I join Philippe once again on his comment regarding @King-kodiak.

On a personal side, even if fate would have been on my side offering me a triple Pro/Am crown, I wouldn't have been satisfied with my season. Lack of attention (missed start at Le Mans will haunt me for decades :cry:), too many inconsistency, except in the lack of pace comparing to my rivals. It's only because of some kind of luck and maybe some "race management" that I was still in position to win the Pro/Am championship until the very last race.

From the early stages John (@JuniorJH) was the man to beat but race after race Arjen (@return) was more and more showing himself as a serious contender. All in all I spent the season following their battle in the distance like this last race when I spent almost more time looking at my JRT than through my winshield, understanding that Arjen was doing the perfect race in John's slipstream to take the win and the title. Great job!

Well, enough talking, the decision to take a 4 weeks break for all of us is a good idea I think. See you in 2020 hopefully.

Last edited:

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Don't think we will see many Pro drivers in that case...

For the first race on Monday I was thinking about FR3.5 vs GTE.

• Agree
Reactions: McPhilen

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
If they are more talent, has it should be, they should be able to drive any car :p
I do agree the GT1 class it is not famous at all.
Btw, Formulas vs GTEs, does not look like a good combo. A little touch with a gt car, in the wings of the formula might do a lot of damage in the formula. That is why iracing does not mix them. And also in the real life, I think

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
If they are more talent, has it should be, they should be able to drive any car :p
I do agree the GT1 class it is not famous at all.
Btw, Formulas vs GTEs, does not look like a good combo. A little touch with a gt car, in the wings of the formula might do a lot of damage in the formula. That is why iracing does not mix them. And also in the real life, I think
Last seasons we did Formula 3 vs GTE. It's not supposed to be a super serious format.