XB1 - End of Season Voting. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 End of Season Voting.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hey guys, like last season, I'm planning some awards for to announce at the end of the season. Obviously we still have one race to go, so you can amend your choices if you change your mind post-Imola.

However this time I want to do it a little differently. I'll post a few categories, and I'd like you guys to 'vote' for the winners.

You can't vote for yourself - any self-votes will not be accepted.

So here goes:

"Driver of the Season"
This doesn't necessarily have to be the champion. Whether it's someone whose just done a solidly good job all season.

"Team of the Season"
Again, doesn't have to be the winners; maybe the team who worked together best or if you want to give Leoobot something?

"Race of the Season"
Maybe your personal favourite, or one where we were all relatively close.

"Battle of the season"
Either your own battle on track, or one you witnessed on track or in a video.

"Surprise of the season"
Self-explanatory.

"Unluckiest Driver"
Self-explanatory.

"Video of the season"
Total plug. SEE OUR VIDEO THREAD AND VOTE FOR THE BEST VIDEO.

This is open to current and past racers and viewers of the league, cast your votes by private message.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Voting closes on Friday 9/10/2015 at 10pm!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

Well here we go then! The Season 2 XB1 AOR GT3 Elite League Award Ceremony Is Here!
First category is the 'Driver of the Season'
And the nominations are:
- @Smifficle for his sheer consistency and untouchable pace at Sonoma and Zhuhai.

- @blizzardwizard for his early season pace which saw him as the only challenger to the Mercedes and his commitment despite his poor luck.

And the winner is... @blizzardwizard! Yes, the runner-up in the championship won a thing!

Next we move onto 'Team of The Season'
And the nominations are:
- Mercedes for their early season pace and strong teamwork early season - sure fire champions had Atticus been able to stay.
- BMW for their consistent season long challenge for title.
- McLaren for being a good group of guys.
- Aston Martin for having decent form throughout the season.

And the winner is... Mercedes! @Atticus and @tam french and @Chris Starsmore.

Thirdly, we move onto to the 'Race of the Season'
And the nominations are:
- Catalunya for the strategic battle for the lead.
- Silverstone for the on track battles.
- Road America for the strategic and on track battles.

And the winner is... Road America! A mix of on track and strategic battles spiced this race up a treat!

The next category is, 'Battle of The Season'
And the nominations are:
- @JordanMcGonigal and @StevieSQ at Silverstone.
- @thelivingdead69 and @StevieSQ at Sakitto.
- @tam french and @StevieSQ at Silverstone.
- @JordanMcGonigal and @Troyfmcg for their season long scrap.

And the winner is... @thelivingdead69 and @StevieSQ for their titanic race-long scrap at Sakitto! (See here, or here!)

Moving on now, to 'Surprise of The Season'
And the nominations are:
- @Smifficle for being as competitive as he was.
- Mercedes for their serious early season pace.
- Mercedes for not winning either title.
- @Troyfmcg finishing every race.

And the winner is... @Smifficle for winning the title!

Unfortunately, not the greatest award to receive, but this is for the 'Unluckiest Driver'

And the nominations are:
- @blizzardwizard for his multiple disconnections.
- @StevieSQ for his two disconnections are his strongest circuits.
- @Res F1 Italian for being so fast, yet struggling with incidents and inconsistency.

And the winner is... @blizzardwizard! Whose multiple disconnections definitely hurt his title chances.

And onto the final award, 'Video of The Season'

And the nominations are:
- @StevieSQ's Sakitto video.
- @thelivingdead69's Sakitto video.
- @thelivingdead69's Road America video.

And the winner is... @thelivingdead69's Road America video!

Well there you go chaps! The awards are out, a little later than planned than but they're out eventually!
Thread now open to comments.

I expect to hear some amazing acceptance speeches.

blizzardwizard

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 17, 2015
*Steps up to podium, falls up steps spilling glass of complimentary ribena over self*

*Moment of pause*

Woooo, yeah!!!......*silence followed by single clap*......yeah!

...You know what's great? Really great? Other than jam on toast?

Winning.

Yeah that's right. Here's a story of mine I'd like to tell. As I strolled over to my BMW, getting ready to leave the pitlane for qualifying at Road America, some relatively hefty American fan wearing a 'NASCAR love rules OK' t-shirt screamed at me from behind the spectators fence that I was nothing but a 'Dang gum piece of trash loser' that was gonna finish last in every race if I could even make it without retiring. That I was lucky to even be in the elite league after only finishing 4th in the pro league the season before, and that my brown livery resembled a piece of poop on wheels.

"Well," I said." "How about you sit right there and I'll prove to you I'm the fastest damn piece of poop you ever did see. I'm gonna go win a race this season."
His only response was to burst out laughing, requiring nearby assist from a track medic after choking on his nachos. It was at this point that I knew it was my job to prove to everyone, to the world, to myself, and to oversized loudmouthed trackside hillbillies, that I belonged.

AND I SURE AS HELL DID. 7 races, 5 podiums, never finishing outside of the top 5, despite being summoned to the sky by an alien mothership towards the end of the race at Sonoma.

0 points after the first two rounds, BUT I DID NOT GIVE UP. I WILL NEVER CONCEDE. I looked to the heavens and powered myself with the glorious strength of hope, will, determination and most importantly a whole lot of diet coke.

They told me I could not, I told them that I CAN.

Next season is a new dawn. Now my challenge is to continue on in the ways that have led me to my success, that have led me to standing on this stage HERE, TONIGHT.

THANK YOU ALL, GOD BLESS, KEEP ON TRUCKIN. YES YOU CAN.

Goodnight New York!!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
*Steps up to podium, falls up steps spilling glass of complimentary ribena over self*

*Moment of pause*

Woooo, yeah!!!......*silence followed by single clap*......yeah!

...You know what's great? Really great? Other than jam on toast?

Winning.

Yeah that's right. Here's a story of mine I'd like to tell. As I strolled over to my BMW, getting ready to leave the pitlane for qualifying at Road America, some relatively hefty American fan wearing a 'NASCAR love rules OK' t-shirt screamed at me from behind the spectators fence that I was nothing but a 'Dang gum piece of trash loser' that was gonna finish last in every race if I could even make it without retiring. That I was lucky to even be in the elite league after only finishing 4th in the pro league the season before, and that my brown livery resembled a piece of poop on wheels.

"Well," I said." "How about you sit right there and I'll prove to you I'm the fastest damn piece of poop you ever did see. I'm gonna go win a race this season."
His only response was to burst out laughing, requiring nearby assist from a track medic after choking on his nachos. It was at this point that I knew it was my job to prove to everyone, to the world, to myself, and to oversized loudmouthed trackside hillbillies, that I belonged.

AND I SURE AS HELL DID. 7 races, 5 podiums, never finishing outside of the top 5, despite being summoned to the sky by an alien mothership towards the end of the race at Sonoma.

0 points after the first two rounds, BUT I DID NOT GIVE UP. I WILL NEVER CONCEDE. I looked to the heavens and powered myself with the glorious strength of hope, will, determination and most importantly a whole lot of diet coke.

They told me I could not, I told them that I CAN.

Next season is a new dawn. Now my challenge is to continue on in the ways that have led me to my success, that have led me to standing on this stage HERE, TONIGHT.

THANK YOU ALL, GOD BLESS, KEEP ON TRUCKIN. YES YOU CAN.

Goodnight New York!!

*single clap*