Endurance League | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Endurance League

What time/day would you like to race on?

• Tuesday evenings (Race start at 6-7pm uk time)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Thursday evenings (Race start at 6-7pm uk time)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Saturday Mornings (Race start at 9-11am uk time)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Saturday Early Afternoon (Race start at 12-4pm uk time)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday Late Afternoon (Race start at 5-7pm uk time)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Saturday Evening (Race start at 8-10pm uk time)

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hello everyone!

We're getting closer to start our highly anticipated and asked for Endurance league!

Before we get going, we'd like to do two things:

1. validate our current idea and thinking with you drivers, cause this is only going to work if it works for you

2. Nail down the classes we're going to run

What we are planning is to run a 3h endurance race every 3 weeks and be in sync with the GTE leagues calendar.
Races would be on Saturday nights
Incident limit will be 50x
This would be a team series, with no individual driver championship, obviously.
Drivers are 1-3 with 2 being the recommended amount. iRacings fair share rules would apply
We'd be looking to broadcast this as well, but will likely need more commentators to do that. Know anyone interested in a commentary career? Drop us a line :)
We'd also enforce that the driver qualifying is the driver gridding.

Classes:
We have a few options here, please vote on top what you'd be interested in, multiple votes are possible.

Please share your thoughts and discuss the concept. This will only be possible with all of you :)

Justin || Taz

XB1 F1 Assist Leagues Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
I personally have voted LMP and GTE just to add some variety into it

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Yea Multi class all the way

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Just to expand a little further:

- GTE I think is a given, and if we had a large number of them we'll run classes like we do in the GTE League (Pro and Am e.g.)

- Driver limit 1-3 means you can enter if you want to do the whole 3 hours by yourself, or equally you can team up with one, or two other drivers and compete just the same.

- Championships:
'Team series only', basically you're entering a car and declaring how many drivers will be racing that car.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I would like to see LMP1 and LMGTE (and if their is enough entries maybe LMGTE PRO and LMGTE AM) personally.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
3hrs racing by myself? Awesome!

Asger8907

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2018
Personally I'd rather see longer races (could be less frequent if economy plays a role) since short races often might lead to teams slacking towards the end of the season, i.e making turn outs substandard.

Maybe the last race of the season could be a long race. Maybe like 12 hr where teams would get points every 3rd hour or something?

Still sound great though!

Jess

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jun 4, 2017
@Stephan @Marvin I am happy to offer my commentary service for this event in iracing, since I love commentating endurance races. :) Did stream iracing with the new graphics card gtx 1070 in january and no lag at all. This is a good idea by the way.

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
I'm interested and this sounds like a good idea. Only one thing, wouldn't it make sense to have it longer, 4h? How would you split the 3h between the recommended 2 driver teams? Or am I missing something?

CarbonUK

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 23, 2017
I'm interested and this sounds like a good idea. Only one thing, wouldn't it make sense to have it longer, 4h? How would you split the 3h between the recommended 2 driver teams? Or am I missing something?
if its only 3hours could possibly reduce the maximum fuel size to encourage more stops

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Driver fair share is basically 1/4 of what an equal share would be. So, one could do a single stint, the other a double - would be just fine.

I think it's good to start with 3h, and if it catches on, gradually extend it, but that's my personal thinking.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
My hope would be initially, at least, the races are of decent length that if someone wanted to, they could do it on their own. This can then boost numbers rather than forcing everyone to team up

mike66187

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 11, 2018
Interesting idea, no clue if i have enough time for this as well

CarbonUK

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 23, 2017
well i'm up for this depending on the race start time, just a idea but maybe a endurance season can last over two iracing seasons that means 8 races instead of 4.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Interesting idea, no clue if i have enough time for this as well
Just think, if you teamed up with 1 or two other drivers and competed in GTE, then you could do like one stint, be done for the evening and have got some valuable practice in for the GTE League. :p

Faerge

Rocket League Coordinator
Staff member
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
Well, I've been following endurance racing for quite a few years now, so if you are in need of more commentators, I'm willing to offer my service

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Well, I've been following endurance racing for quite a few years now, so if you are in need of more commentators, I'm willing to offer my service
Good to know. I'll be in touch