Endurance Multi-class Idea | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Endurance Multi-class Idea

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So, I mentioned in another thread that I'd been daydreaming about a multi-class endurance thing.

LMP1 + GTE/3
- 6 round season.
- 3 hour races.

This is a proper 'Team' season. For both LMP1 and GTE3, no car can be driven by solely one driver. For every race, each driver must compete in the race.

With a 3 hour race, I presume that both classes would need to pit at least twice for fuel anyway, so it makes no difference. But, here's how it'd be regulated.

Each team signs up with 3 drivers. All drivers must compete at each round of the championship. If for whatever reason one of your drivers can't race, you score only 2/3 of the points of whatever you earn, plus a time penalty of equal to one driver swap will be automatically added to your time. Two drivers missing equal you score just 1/3 of the points for the position you finish in and an additional time-penalty of at least two driver swaps will be automatically add to your time.

As it's a 6 round season, we'd probably have a poll of either doing 6 rounds of the iLMS calendar or make one with 6 proper tracks.

But yeah that was my idea. No idea how much further it'll go from this but if interest blows up then I guess it'll happen.

Interest:

- @SmokingPuppy841
- @VRT Ringrose
- @Cloud
- @Marvin
- @ramdrop
- @TheKillSwitchh
- @Caspi4n

Last edited:

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I love Endurance racing so here is my opinion.
I would go LMP1+GTE since they clearly work well together.
I think each time should Sign-Up with 3 drivers and if possible a reserve so hopefully no one is a man short.Also,if they sign up with up to 4 drivers you can rotate who runs each wee.
Their would be 3 points systems:Drivers,Teams and Cars.
This means that if you race solo you score for all 3, but your piers can no longer win the title.I think 2 drivers should be Allowed as long as you go ABA so their is still 2 driver swaps.
Definitly interested if it happens.

• Agree
Reactions: VRT Ringrose

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If you guys know people who'd be interested in this/potential team-mates tag them in this.

Reactions: VRT Ringrose

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Definitely interested. Would prefer GT3 over GTE.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Final round is actually a super multi-class with LMP1, HPD, GTE, FR2.0 and Mazda

Reactions: Stephan

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I think what you could do if you're using 4 cars;
-HPD/D7 Prototype
-GTE
-GT3

But then that is just IMSA lol.

It's a tricky situation because most of the ideas mentioned around here are already live series.

To attract as many as possible, maybe set a focus on free tracks in the calendar @Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I probably would stick with LMP1, there's a lot of buzz around them still.

As for tracks, if I created a calendar, honestly it wouldn't be something I'd focus too hard on. With a 6 race season, I'd want actually good tracks rather than just the freebies. It'd be less focus on the cheap stuff to be fair.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I have a list of the 12 best tracks for iLMS which I will publish in a couple of days.Hopefully some of you like the ones on there.