Endurance Multi-class Idea | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Endurance Multi-class Idea

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
i love the idea, but it is also very optimistic, you want 3 drivers in the cars. and you want around 35+ cars to get this to work, that means 105 drivers + subs.
I dont think we are that many in AOR that drives Iracing.
LMP1/GT3 is a fine combo, alot of drivers have the cars. When it comes to the tracks here you are also hitting a wall, as not all have the tracks, and not all drivers have the funds to bye 6 new tracks.
It is not to say that this is a bad idea, but there are alot of stuff to figure out

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Great idea!

I'd be in, but set the minimum at 2 drivers per team.
Classes: LMP1, GTE and GT3 would work.
This would have to happen on weekends.

We could sync it that we're always on a track that is in use either at 24h series, IMSA or GT Endurance, so there is opportunities for public practice as well as doing official stuff during the same week without having to choose much which to train for.

Knowing the caliber and class of many of the iRacers here, I'd suggest we track standings in PRO and AM categories, so there is something to fight for for all teams.

Cloud

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2017
i love the idea, but it is also very optimistic, you want 3 drivers in the cars. and you want around 35+ cars to get this to work, that means 105 drivers + subs.
I dont think we are that many in AOR that drives Iracing.
LMP1/GT3 is a fine combo, alot of drivers have the cars. When it comes to the tracks here you are also hitting a wall, as not all have the tracks, and not all drivers have the funds to bye 6 new tracks.
It is not to say that this is a bad idea, but there are alot of stuff to figure out
I think this is the point of the thread, to gauge the interest of other drivers. :D

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
It would be a lot of effort but I could try to set up a full ACO style system based on iRating and League Performance to create a format.Here is an idea:
LMP1
GTE
GT3(Am)
Personally I do not agree with GT3 being included but most people seem to want it so it probably will be.

Caspi4n

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 30, 2016
I too think we should have a 2 driver minimum but i think we beed to see how many people would be in AM and PRO, there isnt much point splitting it like that if say AM only has like a 4 car grid but i like the idea and hope we have enougj drivers to do something like that.

Ideally we need to pick what day the races will happen each week or every other week so we can see driver availabilities then put see what those drivers want to drive to see what grid sizes are like.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I too think we should have a 2 driver minimum but i think we beed to see how many people would be in AM and PRO, there isnt much point splitting it like that if say AM only has like a 4 car grid but i like the idea and hope we have enougj drivers to do something like that.

Ideally we need to pick what day the races will happen each week or every other week so we can see driver availabilities then put see what those drivers want to drive to see what grid sizes are like.
yep. But I think we need to cut it somewhere, maybe average out iRating and split in the middle, or we use our knowledge of the drivers.
Or we enforce mixed teams, one pro one AM driver. but I hate forcing people into anything.

Just personally, knowing I'm competing for nothing, ever, is not the most motivating thing and I know there are drivers a little faster than me, but I could still compete with them, just there's no point even trying against the really fast guys here :)

• Agree
Reactions: Caspi4n

Caspi4n

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 30, 2016
yep. But I think we need to cut it somewhere, maybe average out iRating and split in the middle, or we use our knowledge of the drivers.
Or we enforce mixed teams, one pro one AM driver. but I hate forcing people into anything.

Just personally, knowing I'm competing for nothing, ever, is not the most motivating thing and I know there are drivers a little faster than me, but I could still compete with them, just there's no point even trying against the really fast guys here :)
I know what you mean, id probably come last in every race against the fast drivers.
I was thinking the same about irating, average it out and anyone below that figure goes AM??

Reactions: Stephan

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I know what you mean, id probably come last in every race against the fast drivers.
I was thinking the same about irating, average it out and anyone below that figure goes AM??
The only issue I would find with iRating is a really quick guy who only just got out of rookies would be an Am so you want want some leway on it.

Caspi4n

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 30, 2016
So lets do ot like the pcars leagues, time trials then submit times and split it up like that??

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'd be open to 2 drivers at a minimum, but obviously no less, and the Pro/Am thing would be good too. (Might fuckin' win something then)

Reactions: Stephan and Caspi4n

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I wouldn't go off TT honestly. I'd look at safety rating/iRating and make a split there and ask people what they felt they were.

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Porsche RSR just announced for the next season. GTE Hype League anyone? (Poooooorsche league with odd Ford and Rarri)

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
It depends on what day of the week this will be, but I am definitely interested

Who wants to be my friend ??

btw, why not to race tracks from official ILMS season that are not raced for ILMES ?