Endurance Multi-class Idea | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Endurance Multi-class Idea

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
Why not a similar league, like ILMS in iRacing with half of the field Prototypes (P1 or P2) and other half GTEs. But not a 3hours event because most of the people will have no interest to race 3 hours in a row. And do not make a team event. Single player with 90/100 minutes race. Just an ideia

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
we have talkt about, but atm we have a limit of 2 leagues. We have just seen that the 3 th league always have a lagg of drivers and dies in the end.

@Stephan have been talking about making some vln cars type thing, but make it races over multi seasons, but it is still ideas atm

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
If the endurance race was before the GTE league and used the same track, might be a good practice for the Monday GTE league. Honestly, the previous Endurance league died, because it was a 3h race and for a team event, you need at least 100 drivers. And for a one man only race, it is too much!
If it was a non team event, with 90/100 minutes races, 50 drives would stick to it, in my opinion.
But still, when I made the sugestion, I did forget there is a F3.5 league in AOR. Just my 50 cents

Merlin Cooper

GP2 Reserve Driver
Nov 2, 2017
If the endurance race was before the GTE league and used the same track, might be a good practice for the Monday GTE league. Honestly, the previous Endurance league died, because it was a 3h race and for a team event, you need at least 100 drivers. And for a one man only race, it is too much!
If it was a non team event, with 90/100 minutes races, 50 drives would stick to it, in my opinion.
But still, when I made the sugestion, I did forget there is a F3.5 league in AOR. Just my 50 cents
If I remember correctly that was how it was done - and still not a lot of participants.

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
But it was 3 hours race. With a field of 10/15 cars, it is almost painfull, if you racing alone after the first pit stop. And the prototype class was even less. I remember to race with only 3/4 protos in the race. Because it was a team event. I did participate in that Endurance league who ended early.
It is all about the participation. No one wants to race a 3h race alone, and that was happening because some teams had 3 pilots. If all the drivers had a individual car, surely it would be different.

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Hey can i get you all to answer this form. There have been some talk from some driver that they want to see multiclass racing again. Now i don't know how many or even if we can find the time and place for it. But we want to see if there is enough interest, for us to be lookin into it. Also if you don't want to pls answer this form anyway it helps us to see the data. This is not to say that there will be one. Just are there any interest: https://forms.gle/WYKB9XbwjLc7F5AB6

Reactions: Paulo Martins

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
Awesome Niclas!! Maybe tagging all the iracing/GTE drivers should be good, to they see this.

Nagrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2018
I don't like 3hrs races because you can't split in half the driving time for a 2 drivers team.
I'd rather have a 4hr team race or a 1hr solo race.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
1h is just a sprint race ;) 2h would be a comfortable solo driver duration that you can start calling endurance-ish :)

PS @Paulo Martins i did. the 3h races solo, was a good challenge and a good preparation for 12-24h races :)

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
How about 2.4hr races , some with time acceleration to simulate full day/night 24hr race

Last edited:

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Update about it will be after Xmax as we are currently working on the GTE league