PC - Endurance Season 5 - Round 2 - Redbull Ring - 16/05/19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Endurance Season 5 - Round 2 - Redbull Ring - 16/05/19

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Same for me, hate to leave races, but there was something very wrong with either me, my setup or my settings. I could litterally spin every corner, which was extremely dangerous when close to other cars.

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
After a long and exhausting workday, a bad race is not what you're hoping for. I couldn't get my act together in the opening stint, but I had some good battles out there. Then, an unlapping GTE shunted me off the track in a lousy move but that's fine. Sadly I spun out twice in the last 10 minutes, but my position was not endangered.

Hoping for a better time @ COTA.

Thanks @Yorkie065 for streaming and for the interview. :)

Reactions: D.Brezancic

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
I enjoyed that race if I'm honest, my pace wasn't as bad as my finishing position reflects as I made strategy errors & that damn puddle catching me out!! But wet pace was better than I imagined so moving in the right direction.

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
I had a good pace, definitely could be a top 5 or even top 3. Battled a few laps with ommen, scott and speedy.

Small touch in the straight at the beginning with @TheGW and @ScottV as we were 3 wide in here.
Then again with @Jardier cuz i came out of the pit and we were side by side.

Then rain came and i got punted twice in the same corner by P1s. The one with @Sgarky left me with suspension + front wing damage and with 45min left to run: It was understeer city :eek:

• Sad
Reactions: AndrexUK

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
After a long and exhausting workday, a bad race is not what you're hoping for. I couldn't get my act together in the opening stint, but I had some good battles out there. Then, an unlapping GTE shunted me off the track in a lousy move but that's fine. Sadly I spun out twice in the last 10 minutes, but my position was not endangered.

Hey man, I think you mean me, but in my screen I did not touch you at all. Happy to present you the footage. From my pov it looked like you just lost your car.

Sorry if I seemingly messed up your race.

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
arghhh. maan that moment, being on softs, goin 5 sec faster than all the others and then suddenly the track gets wet and you lose everything...

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
Hey man, I think you mean me, but in my screen I did not touch you at all. Happy to present you the footage. From my pov it looked like you just lost your car.

I thought it was you, but didn't want to tag you as I was not completely sure.

As for the footage, there is no need. I won't open enquiries since you apologized like a gentleman, and obviously it was a game issue. No problem at all mate, the crash was not the only factor in my bad race, although it felt bad.

Maybe you should have let me go through those corners and held back. I would definetely let you pass afterwards since you were much faster at the time. ;)

No hard feelings, see you next time around. :)

Reactions: Mr. Van Ommen

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Well, this wasn't (again) the race I was hoping for. I got crashed during the formation lap by a lagging car. I remembered in GT3 leagues there's a rule, that if you crash in formation lap, you start from the back - so I did that (I really didn't want to cause more confusion by making my way back through the field).
The race looked promising, I wasn't as slow as I expected. I even gained some positions, but then, closely following @dakuza , we came across @TicklishPicklewickle , who was in the middle of the track sideways. We slowed down and tried to go around, but either it wasn't slow enough, or there was a lag - we all crashed. I had some serious damage, so went to pits for repairs, which took way too long. By the time I came out, I was almost two laps down from the leaders. I gave it up after a few laps - last couple of days were really horrible at work and I figured, it will be better to retire and get some rest, rather then act as a moving obstacle and letting everyone else past.
It's a shame, I spent more time practicing than usually. There's no one to blame of course, @TicklishPicklewickle said he had a screen freeze. Maybe me for not being able to avoid that, but I don't have the replay, so I can't tell.
Anyway, congrats to winners and all who have finished! See you all at COTA :)

Mr. Van Ommen

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 4, 2018
I thought it was you, but didn't want to tag you as I was not completely sure.

As for the footage, there is no need. I won't open enquiries since you apologized like a gentleman, and obviously it was a game issue. No problem at all mate, the crash was not the only factor in my bad race, although it felt bad.

Maybe you should have let me go through those corners and held back. I would definetely let you pass afterwards since you were much faster at the time. ;)

No hard feelings, see you next time around. :)
Thanks for the kind message! Sorry, probably should have kept a bit more distance in order to avoid any game/lag related risks. On to Cota!

Reactions: Mali Baćo

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019

@Mali Baćo i think it might have been me that went into you at turn 2, i apologize for that. I misjudged your speed going into the corner and locked up when i saw how close we were, i tried to avoid it but ended up with no grip and landed up going into you. I am sorry if i ruined the last part of the race for you...

Reactions: Mali Baćo

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
Poor first laps, poor finish

Just too many accidents that found me or I had to avoid on track, unfortunately not by my own doing.
Pace in the rain was easily there to fight for P2 (oh yeah and that with one foot =D)

Race was 'fun' in the terms that it is such a sort track and there are cars everywhere to be overtaken and planning to overtake, which kept it motivating.
@F4H MaR4uDer thx for the fight in the first stint. It was great battling and we kept each other honest and alive. Unfortunately I was already carrying a bit of aero damage, hence the jojo effect ;-)

Reactions: Royalt

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019
@Royalt you were really close in turn 2 at some times, but I spun all by myself there. :(
I really felt bad when it happened, thats my bad, didn't intend being so close and ended up braking late too :( it's no excuse. Hopefully when we race again it will be much better.

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
@atlasgehirn424 when a GTE is lapping you, you have to go out of the way and leave the idealline. Everytime i lapped you, you didnt really go offline, it actually didnt even look like you recognized cars laping you. Dont you have mirrors on or so, cause even while flashing my light you weren´t responding. Would be nice if you next time could move out of the way cause it probably could be racedecinding for others in next races.

Andrew Harper

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2018
Just a very quick recap on the race.

Tried my best but I've got some way to go to get anywhere near the other LMP1-H cars. I think my fastest lap in the race was still about four seconds off the pace. Just a question of practise as I've done dozens of races in LMP2 and LMP3 but none in LMP1-H

In the wet my pace was better but the other cars are just more aggressive in traffic than me and at the moment I don't have much confidence under braking, which is losing me time as well. I'm just finding that the Toyota doesn't allow me to be as aggressive as the LMP2 Ligier so I'm losing time everywhere. My issue and I just need to get on top of it.

Apart from that no real issues, a quick spin over one of the puddles and I lost 30 seconds.

Pit stops went fine, stopped for wets around the right time (maybe one lap too late but that was it).

So I just needed a finish and that was fine.

Unfortunately COTA is probably my worst track so I'm expecting to be even more off the pace around there! lol

Well done to everyone who finished :)

atlasgehirn424

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2017
@atlasgehirn424 when a GTE is lapping you, you have to go out of the way and leave the idealline. Everytime i lapped you, you didnt really go offline, it actually didnt even look like you recognized cars laping you. Dont you have mirrors on or so, cause even while flashing my light you weren´t responding. Would be nice if you next time could move out of the way cause it probably could be racedecinding for others in next races.
I did slow down and let you go I just waited until we were in better place to do so which may have been one or two corners later.

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
yeah but thats kinda too late cause you were holding up me (and while i was with jardier, jardier aswell) big time. blue flag (what i know) should be "goin out of the way, costing the leader no, or only little bit of time). And i had to overtake you offline which isnt probably best way aproaching a turn.

at redbullring it wasnt racedeciding, but it always "CAN BE", so please keep that advice in mind! ;)