PC - Endurance Season 5 - Round 2 - Redbull Ring - 16/05/19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Endurance Season 5 - Round 2 - Redbull Ring - 16/05/19

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
yeah but thats kinda too late cause you were holding up me (and while i was with jardier, jardier aswell) big time. blue flag (what i know) should be "goin out of the way, costing the leader no, or only little bit of time). And i had to overtake you offline which isnt probably best way aproaching a turn.

at redbullring it wasnt racedeciding, but it always "CAN BE", so please keep that advice in mind! ;)
Think you're going per the F1 rules mate. In F1 blue flag rules are VERY strict in terms of letting the car through. Think it's something like as soon as you get the blue flag you have to let the car through no later than 2 turns later or something like that. I suppose that's because in F1 the dirty air cause a MASSIVE drop in grip but in GT cars that's not as bad.
Which is why the blue flag rules are not as strict. You still have to let the car through, but not as exaggerated as F1. I would still advise backmarkers to get out of the way of the guys lapping, but do so where it is SAFE rather than doing something stupid and causing a crash. Endurance is a game of patience and smart thinking, so it's much better for the lapping car and the backmarker to "work together" and do the lapping so both cars lose as little time as possible rather than the lapping car forcing his way through where it's not safe to pass

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
yeah like, dont get me wrong, i dont wanna complain or anything just saying like, when a lapping car is stuck on your rear and you are approaching a turn, it would be nice if you do it like the others and just go offline and brake little earlier cause that what happened 2 times with you was like me (and jardier) having to lap you like an lmp1 but there´s definetly a blue flag rule, so just saying to you, it would make our lives little easier if you would do it like all the others do. ;)

atlasgehirn424

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 4, 2017
yeah but thats kinda too late cause you were holding up me (and while i was with jardier, jardier aswell) big time. blue flag (what i know) should be "goin out of the way, costing the leader no, or only little bit of time). And i had to overtake you offline which isnt probably best way aproaching a turn.

at redbullring it wasnt racedeciding, but it always "CAN BE", so please keep that advice in mind! ;)
yeah, as mentioned in this thread before I think the most important thing is to keep it safe. I also realized during the race once or twice that there were some sketchy situations where I thought afterwards: "Damn it. I maybe should have done it a little differently".
I don´t know if that was the situation you were refering to but once a GTE car closed in up to the Rindt corner and I didn´t know what to do because in order to let him go by immediately I would have had to brake hard a lot way early and as you know you can´t really go through there side-by-side and it is pretty dangerous if the car behind doesn´t recognize it immediately. So I decided to wait until start-finish. Then of course the other car was all over my bumper and going out of the final corner I didn´t see him in my rear mirror for a moment. So I thought like: If I go off line now, I might cut him off or even collide, but if he expects me to go off line and is still right behind I probably will hold him up even more and he thinks I wasn´t rying to go out of the way.

Or another time I wanted to give someone some space to go by and took a wide line into Remus and accelerated a little bit later. Turned out he had the same idea and wanted to go the long way around to get a good run for the straight and didn´t expect me to give him space on the inside.

So as I said I don´t know if one of these is the situation you are referring to. But I think it gives you an insight on how hard it sometimes is to calculate what the other car is going to do when it is lapping you or how quick it is.

Flaming Parrot

Pro Karter
Nov 7, 2018
@AndrexUK , @Mali Baćo,

Can we get a clarification of lapping rules please,
From my understanding blue flags for same class means you have to let the driver past and blue flags for when an LMP is passing is stick to your line and they have the power/grip to find a way round you.
about 10 minutes into @Mali Baćo posted, he was saying how he fought me because he did not want me to pass as we're both AM drivers when i was trying to lap him.

Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK and Royalt

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
You are right, the general blue flag rules are in use when lapping the same class. But if a car that's about to be lapped is actually faster, can pull a gap and does so, there is no need to let the driver go. This can happen if someone makes a mistake and rejoins in front of a car that's about to lap you.

Pro guys like Dakuza and Van Ommen were unlapping themselves throughout the race and that's quite normal. If the blue flag is used without any compromise, they would immediately have to let themselves be lapped again.

If you are offended by my driving or commentary, I want to offer you my apologies, but I really tried to increase my pace (and I did) in order to stay in the same lap with you for the time being. You went past me once I moved out for everyone, right after I spun on the track and lost all the advantage I built up.

Also if you think that I'm slowing you down and not obeying the rules, feel free to flash the headlights.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
feel free to flash the headlights.
That is very much discouraged to do, since we've seen in the past that it's created more confusion than clarity. Much better to give a heads up over Discord instead as there will then be no way to misunderstand anything.
I know it's done irl, but irl they're not all sitting in the same Discord server as we are here :)

Reactions: Mali Baćo

Flaming Parrot

Pro Karter
Nov 7, 2018
It's chill, your video is fine not, upset from that at all, i think its a very well commentated video.
It's just frustrating when lapped cars make you fight for it as you both loose time which can make a large impact in the results.
Just try and bare this in mind when your getting lapped that's all

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
@Mali Baćo is correct.
You are free to unlap yourself if you will not be interferring with the car that would be lapping you.
But you must have a clear pace advantage to be able to pull a gap.

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
The case here, if I recall correctly, is that Flaming Parrot came close to me. I actually did let him pass, but he went out of the track afterwards and rejoined behind me. Thereafter, I tried to push and create a gap, which I did, but the gap was ruined by my contact with an LMP Toyota in an agressive lapping. Since they caught up when I was rejoining the track, I let everyone (I think a train of 5 cars on different laps) lap me and stayed behind. :)