PC - ENDURANCE SEASON 5 - ROUND 4 - Spa - 13/06/19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ENDURANCE SEASON 5 - ROUND 4 - Spa - 13/06/19

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Chloé

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
So many things happened in this race, @speedy.go stuck in pit entry, @Mr. Van Ommen unlucky as usual, LMPH crashing each others everytime in the rain...
I had 0 practice, i tried to run soft which were good just after the rain but started overheating 50min before the end of the race and had to switch to hards which were roughly 1.5s slower for me before they went to the right temperature. Then i could pick up the pace and avoid being lapped by @BMW /// M-Power

(Also had to run ultra low downforce to follow vettes in the straight but lost to much time in the 2nd sector)

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
shame... wanted to lap all GTE´s :p
was finally a race without a big mistake, but yeah some lmp´s were goin crazy again and sometimes lapping GTE´s wasnt to safe either... so yeah, some drivers need to improve little bit of their behaviour i´d say, but atleast there was no collision for me...

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
Yeah @Chloé ,really shame, was great chance for win,but unfortunate is understatement. Being stuck @entry of pit-trying everything while stering wheel was rotating like Helicopter without tail rotor:eek: But 1h of pure enjoyment-top 10 races in CV for me in my short and great AOR history.Luck will come, IMOLA:whistle:
Hope i didnt block any1 @pit lane.

Last edited:

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 17, 2019
Hold your horses @BMW /// M-Power-i wrote "had a great chance"-was good on fuel,good on rain+got solid lead, was really looking forward for H tires couse i set car more for dry.
But congrats again-great race for you(y) and epic battle :)

Chloé

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
Happened to me a lot with cars that has wing larger than the car (M6 GT3/GTLM and Aston Martin GTE mainly)

XzweN

Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2017
I know the wall is a car destroyer, but I made a careless mistake and let the car drift off to the right and hit the wall.

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
@XzweN I know that wall very well from previous experiences as well :(. A shame

My race was, well let's call it fun at least.
I didn't spend much time in the rain, car wasn't setup for it extra, just knew it was very stable.

Qually, was ok, first lap, outbraking my self was lucky nothing else happened and after that pretty much everything went well. Had a few battles with @F4H MaR4uDer which were fair... but than unfortunately a slower GTE came in our way and I made a switch back to end up on the correct line and side of the car, I guess Mar4uder thought he could use the racing line pick up some more speed and clear us both. So got cut in front, damage and a lot of time loss.... and a way earlier pitstop than planned.

Had to calculate my strategy from there and came in as late (which was still way earlier than planned) as possible for softs. Which was good enough from track conditions, allthough very tricky, but manageble. Put in some very strong laps and was pretty much able to close the gap to first position without much problems. Without the damage and incident that would have easily been a contest for the win, if not more.

In the end my tyres were at its end, due to early pitting but surprisingly manageble.

Reactions: F4H MaR4uDer

Mali Baćo

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 17, 2018
Hey guys, I just want to apologize for my poor driving. :(

I had an excellent qualifying, taking the risk to run on Soft tyres at the end which really paid off. Although my Sector 1 was 1.8 seconds off the pace, I gained nearly three seconds in Sector 2 and Sector 3 was okay. Really proud of this achievement. :)

Race start was okay for me. I attacked @D.Brezancic, the Am class leader, immediately and went through in Eau Rouge. However, my good run ended in a few laps' time as I got the car unstable in Les Combes and smashed the wall on the inside. This hurt my aero, my suspension and my ego for sure. Tried to stay on track as much as I could but the car was not behaving the way I wanted.

As I wanted to end this opening stint badly, I stopped for Hard tyres as soon as the rain was over. I have also used this pit stop to repair all the damage and get the car in shape. And boy, did that Ferrari fly. I was feeling so confident in my car that I actually started making mistakes again. I overran entry into Les Combes quite a few time, most notably at the time I flew over the bumps and crashed into @dakuza, leaving him without the rear wing. I was and still am feeling so bad about this. :/

Anyway, I was chasing @Royalt to challenge for podium. As we were both prone to mistakes, there was not as much wheel to wheel battles as we wanted, but still it was a great scrap. Most notably, I also touched my rival out of Radillion which made me spin out like a true amateur and pick up some damage. What a shame. As Royalt pitted, so did @atlasgehirn424, whom I was trying to fight for some laps but he maintained a safe gap.

Finally, going into the second pitstop I clip the inside wall of pit entry badly and get my suspension and aero damaged. I lost so much time trying to get back on track and repairing the suspension afterwards that atlasgehirn424 nearly lapped me with RoyalT being some 15-20 seconds behind me, but he was catching. My engine was starting to overheat so I was losing time on the straights.

I tried to unlap myself from atlasgehirn424 and try to push and raise the gap. He did let me go as he was aware of the situation, but I was so much slower on the straight that I had to let him pass. Royalt was closing really fast and took the position on the straight easily with two laps to go. I was trying to close the gap, but I failed to do so because of overheating. That meant that I crossed the line last and 4th in GTE-Am class. :)

All in all, I am not satisfied with my driving. I am sorry to all the guys lapping me if they had problems with me. The race was good, however the small amount of people showing up, as well as ACC release, is killing this league IMO. And to be honest, I think running GT3 paralel to this with only one day apart was like shooting your own knee.

Reactions: Royalt

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
I think drivers on gte class behind me at start pushed necessarily too hard on a race start and a couple of corners like it was a last lap of the race! I was slowing down trying to escape contacts but, I think @Xeonski took me out of track but luckily not much damage. Somehow escaped to smash into the wall. Please easy on first lap anyway-everything was cold plus rain and spray....

Reactions: Royalt

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I think drivers on gte class behind me at start pushed necessarily too hard on a race start and a couple of corners like it was a last lap of the race! I was slowing down trying to escape contacts but, I think @Xeonski took me out of track but luckily not much damage. Somehow escaped to smash into the wall. Please easy on first lap anyway-everything was cold plus rain and spray....
On this thing i wasn't even pushing hard, the fact that we touch is, for me, only bad luck, i saw that you made a mistake and came alongside you. But i think that we miscommunicated a bit here as you start to steer for the next turn but i didn't see that so we touched and ended up in the gravel, i'll check my replay to see if i could have done anything better but for me it's just bad luck

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
It's just my recall....I didn't see replay too, just expect sorry, but if it was my mistake I will apologize. Or it was just a simple incident. About too hard push at the start/first lap or was generally my thoughts. It happened in earlier races too but I think it quite unnecessary-there plenty of time to the end.