PC - ENDURANCE SEASON 5 - ROUND 4 - Spa - 13/06/19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ENDURANCE SEASON 5 - ROUND 4 - Spa - 13/06/19

LeoNTheSickOne

AOR Project CARS Snow Champion 2019
Jan 17, 2018
@XzweN I know that wall very well from previous experiences as well :(. A shame

My race was, well let's call it fun at least.
I didn't spend much time in the rain, car wasn't setup for it extra, just knew it was very stable.

Qually, was ok, first lap, outbraking my self was lucky nothing else happened and after that pretty much everything went well. Had a few battles with @F4H MaR4uDer which were fair... but than unfortunately a slower GTE came in our way and I made a switch back to end up on the correct line and side of the car, I guess Mar4uder thought he could use the racing line pick up some more speed and clear us both. So got cut in front, damage and a lot of time loss.... and a way earlier pitstop than planned.

Had to calculate my strategy from there and came in as late (which was still way earlier than planned) as possible for softs. Which was good enough from track conditions, allthough very tricky, but manageble. Put in some very strong laps and was pretty much able to close the gap to first position without much problems. Without the damage and incident that would have easily been a contest for the win, if not more.

In the end my tyres were at its end, due to early pitting but surprisingly manageble.
View attachment 82222
I was wondering what was happening with you and nikmido etc. Took a random setup hadnt done a single lap. So it went decent in the rain. But when i pitted the stupid bug happens to me, it wont change my tyres. I go out with rain tyres in the dry and they are alreay completely worn from the rain. Not only that but a guy spins and i pick up 10 damage in the front which makes me 3+ seconds slower. Third time again my tyres wont change and i run with the same wet tyres i had from the start. And fourth time it wouldnt change tyres either. So i ran with the same wet tyres on a hot dry condition completely overheated for 2.4 hours. And half way in to the race the tyres actually went down to 0%. The entire tyre was gone, not a single % left of the tyre xD Im surprised i managed to hang on, i for sure thought you or nikmidio would catch up. Guess you guys had some issues aswell

Reactions: Col.McCoy

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Well if it's my fault I'm sorry I really doesn't mean to be too aggressive on the first lap I think that I was pretty conservative but maybe I did something bad without knowing, if it doesn't annoy you to send the video it could be great to see what happened

Reactions: D.Brezancic

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
here is video @Xeonski and @Royalt
Royalt outbrake himself and slide hitting me and sent out of track, then Xeonski try to take good entry for next corner but didnt look at the left side....
Luckily not a big deal, but as i said it was the first lap everything is cold so easy next time.....you can only lost race at first lap!
I lost many positions at a few first corners, but maybe I was a bit slowly trying to br careful.

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I'm sorry i didn't thought that i have drifted left on this incident, i don't know why i did that maybe i thought that you were more to the left but in all case i shouldn't have done that sorry

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Anyone got screenshots of the results at all?
Watching the race on YouTube just now, certainly an eventful night of racing!

Cheers

LeoNTheSickOne

Jan 17, 2018
@LeoNTheSickOne , you probably had "tires automatic by weather"? or "only change tires when needed" in pit settings?
No i had them set on hards. I always double and triple check. And every time i pitted it was on hards. Still it never changed... Cant even believe i made it to the finnish line. running on 0% wet tyres for almost half the race wtf xD

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
I'm sorry i didn't thought that i have drifted left on this incident, i don't know why i did that maybe i thought that you were more to the left but in all case i shouldn't have done that sorry
No problem...apologize is just fine for me
Yes i suposse that, a classic mistake i did it also ...i remeber that.

Last edited:

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 1st Driver
Oct 8, 2018
@LeoNTheSickOne is it possible that you havent set tirechange on: "all tires"? cause if you have it set on "recommended", they wont change tires and this setting you cant change while racing.

LeoNTheSickOne

Jan 17, 2018
@LeoNTheSickOne is it possible that you havent set tirechange on: "all tires"? cause if you have it set on "recommended", they wont change tires and this setting you cant change while racing.
yeah i have it an all tires, never have it on recommended. Something ive been very careful about since i know how buggy pc2 is. And ive even used this setup for previous race with lmp1 which it worked. So really weird it wouldnt work now :/

Royalt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2019
here is video @Xeonski and @Royalt
Royalt outbrake himself and slide hitting me and sent out of track, then Xeonski try to take good entry for next corner but didnt look at the left side....
Luckily not a big deal, but as i said it was the first lap everything is cold so easy next time.....you can only lost race at first lap!
I lost many positions at a few first corners, but maybe I was a bit slowly trying to br careful.
Please accept my apology too, was a stupid move to pull

Col.McCoy

F1 Triple Champion
May 26, 2016
What I learned from COTA is that I reset my pit strategys every time now.
I normally never had any bugs like many of you described, but suddenly in Cota on one of my strategys the all repair was on, which to my knowledge I have used many times and it never used to repair engine. So maybe maybe it was my own fault, but not taking any risks ;-)

dakuza

F1 1st Driver
Feb 8, 2018
As I wanted to end this opening stint badly, I stopped for Hard tyres as soon as the rain was over. I have also used this pit stop to repair all the damage and get the car in shape. And boy, did that Ferrari fly. I was feeling so confident in my car that I actually started making mistakes again. I overran entry into Les Combes quite a few time, most notably at the time I flew over the bumps and crashed into @dakuza, leaving him without the rear wing. I was and still am feeling so bad about this. :/
No hard feelings about the crash, those things happen and it clearly was just a mistake.

Just remember that you should really wait for the car you hit to pass you before going on with your race. It's not really fair if you make a mistake and gain an advantage over someone because of it. But as I said no hard feelings here, just a learning experience for the future.