PC - ENDURANCE SEASON 5 - ROUND 6 - LeMans - 11/07/19 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC ENDURANCE SEASON 5 - ROUND 6 - LeMans - 11/07/19

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
What a fucking great game ! Getting disconnect out of nowhere

I don't know if i want to invest more time in this game, i have practiced a lot for this race and i was really waiting for this one, all this time wasted for 30 minutes of racing and a disconnection.

• Sad
Reactions: AndrexUK

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Horrible race, first i had, from some non understandable reason, pace which was 3+ seconf slower!!!!????? its just continues to happening to me every race. Just don't understand why my online race is so nuch different in car behavior????? This one was terrible. And at the near end (25min) some lmp put me into fence (or maybe I did a wrong move!?), causing a suspension and aero dmg....so pit, lost a couple of minutes, and somehow got 50 sec penalty from nowhere?!?!!?? And 3 laps before the end I finally spun into fence, and again aero and suspension, and limping to the end. Horrible end of the season.

Xeonski

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
I had some time to cooldown from yesterday. I think i've never been this frustrated physically and mentally before in a video game. I wanted so hard to race.

It's really a shame that pcars is in this state, i was really enjoying the endurance racing and now less than two hours of racing seems too short.

I don't know if there will be another season, but if ti's the case count me in. If not, where can i continue to do long races like this without involving a driver swap ?

A huge thanks to @AndrexUK and @Logan for coordinating this league, you had all the reasons to leave the league but you kept the good work and bring this season to a term.

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
Just don't understand why my online race is so nuch different in car behavior?????
I have found that, even round Imola last round, where I was a solid second off my average practice quali time. I know some of that can be down to different conditions in offline and online but others don't seem to suffer to quite the same degree. This is just a theory but I do think that with the extra people in lobby, my PC at least trying to run VR struggles to run as smoothly (even yesterday was a slightly judery experience although not as bad as my early S12 GT3 races) and perhaps just that slight loss of smoothness is enough to cost a tenth in every corner. Of course there is also the psychological side of it too because I will usually be a little more cautious anyway, but I think some of this comes from not getting smooth enough feedback from the game. I imagine running VR in cockpit cam is probably the most vulnerable combination for being affected by the drop in smoothness online. I think it's a CPU bottleneck for me as it doesn't just feel like low FPS and a 2080Ti should be able to run PCars no?

I don't know if there will be another season, but if ti's the case count me in.
I would love if there was another endurance league, and I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I will say though that I think a lot of people think there will be a lot of wheel to wheel which as I was discussing with @AndrexUK yesterday, isn't really how it works. The flip-side is that IRL, a 2/2.5 hour race isn't actually THAT long so I think perhaps choosing slower cars/classes, people might feel more inclined to stick around till the end, even after incidents. Sadly there aren't really enough balanced classes to do this based on traditional multi-class selection like GTO/GT1 but perhaps if it's just long race length we want, perhaps even a Ginetta G40/Radical endurance would at least shake things up a bit? I can't see a GT endurance on PCars getting any more popular with people moving to ACC but there are plenty of cars, even if we can't do classes, and slower cars will make for closer and lower risk racing, making it more enjoyable and lowering the cost of incidents which if we want people to hang around for 2 hours, I think is quite important.

Reactions: Bezerka

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
Thx @inkychris for replay. I wrote here in forums a couple of times about that (I know this is not the plase for this but...) different car behavior during online race. From time to time when I got frustrated with it, I wrote about that, and it is the case at Le Mans. Actually, I had this problem from pcars1 too!!! Just continues to happen in pcars 2. Somehow, qualy was not so affected but race...its always, I mean every race online is affected, for me. There is a thread about it at official forum, and it is even reported as a bug to sms, but nothing happened. Some people have it some not! That's the story so far and it will be like this obviously. I tried everything I know and everything people suggested but no result. Its just issue all the time, Sometimes its just bad and sometimes is horrible like this at Le Mans. I understand, and its true, its different to drive with 32 driver then alone, we need to be careful etc, but even when there is no one around me I just cannot be close to my best pace. And for an average length of track (1.5 min/lap) I am generally 1.5 sec slower!!! Its too much! And, simply car behaves very different-looks like I have a different physics or I drive on some other surface than should be!
I tried it in my lobby, my offline race, and yes I have a little slower pace because of other drivers, but generally car feels the same. There is no problem with my hardware too-I changed my pc (2017 year, hopped it could be issue) and its i7-7700k, 1080ti, 16gb ram, ssd etc....no high temps, no throttling of cpu, bla, bla bla but issue is here. The only same hardware is g27 wheel.
I don't wont to bother anymore anyone with this....thx @AndrexUK and @Logan for organizing this league. Lots of people dropped, it was very bad, but again it was fun, at least I had to fight with my car all the time :D. Thx one more and I hope we will run in again, no matter what.

Reactions: inkychris

D.Brezancic

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Mar 6, 2017
@Col.McCoy I wasn't sure it was you....here was situation. You already apologize and its accepted. However, I must admit I didn't see you in my mirrors, so you were possibly confused am I going to stay left or turn right-which I was doing always entering that straight.

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
@D.Brezancic I noticed the difference aswell imola was particularly bad, for le mans I created a private online lobby to practice with.

Anyway big thanks to @AndrexUK & @Logan for an awesome League while my performances wasn't really up to scratch I've learned alot. Hopefully we can do this again & I'll definitely be driving a slower car :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: D.Brezancic

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
@D.Brezancic sorry I could not react yet here as I had to work very early in the morning and was away all day.
Yes it was me, yes I apoligized and still feel gutted about it. So once more very sorry.
As you said, your line caught me out. On Monday I am home and show you my cockpit (real, not replay view). As I accelerated out of the turn, I tried to put myself into your mirrors and because these cars accelerate so fast, I made a decision to go to the right of you, as there was the space at the time. As you said, you took your normal line slowly accross the asphalt from left to right... and this slight movement towards the right, was enough for me to think... did he see me or not? how much faster is he going to the right?
So I decided to go left, as there would be enough space there. Only my steering was a bit abrupt to the left and with these KERS and I think a gear change, when I correct to the right it was way too much and headed for your car. On my screen, it looked like it was going to be a side by side contact, but looking at the damage and speed lost, apparently it was more nose into your side as well.. a bit strange. I take full responsibility and very sorry for you.

As for the rest of the race, I am so sorry for @Bezerka he was just absolutely the fastest man out there and deserved this win as I think he did no mistakes. I made very little and really tried to get close again, but only luck I had sometimes were traffic, but overall pace just impossible. I wish you could have alt+tabbed into the game again and repaired your car, cause I would have waited for you, but that did not happen.

So yeah, got the race win handed to me that way, also with Leon not able to finish. I do have to say one positive thing about the endurance of this race and my commitment.... I had to pee so badly in the first stint already, that during the 50 Ltrs refull, which is not enough!!, I grapped myself a flask and relieved the pressure, only to be one after Dunlop bridge! So that I would not loose too much time.... that was a new experience for me and I know Im not the only one who showed this commitment during all the endurance races!

A big thanks to @AndrexUK and @Logan for organising this Season. Especially happy that Andrex kept in there after his awfull first race(s), one of these tells of commitment, even if it was in an ohter class. Also thanks to all you guys for showing up and making this a very good multi-class season. I think almost all of us have gathered loads of experience in previous seasons and therefor this season has been one of the better ones when it comes to multi-class letting each other race!

Hope to see you guys once more in another endurance season, or maybe in another game/season.

/CSR/ speedy.go

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 17, 2019
+Multiclass
+Top Guns :alien:
+great commentators @Yorkie065 (great driver also s4 Endu+GT3 leagues),also @King-kodiak for Imola
+graet CODS @AndrexUK (was running 0/0DF and low [email protected] so yours Cloe themed M6 was powerless;)) + @Logan

-many dropouts
-too much politics (dont agree with LMPh AM e.g. and drop out of LMP2s)
-like above with LMP2 correlation-lack of enthusiasam and intrest (too much C7s and R18s) thank God for @inkychris 919(also @Yorkie065 with Toyo TS050 last seasion), @Mali Baćo with 488:love: and my team mate @Beau (y) with low drag FordGT(jack of all trades but master of none)-should take my beloved Scuderia:cool: not its legendary historic rival
Ford GT from 60is,but i learned evan more from Ford than i knew before, Ferrari evan BoP politics win this LeMans... BoP in pC2 Simulation like IRL but i would be much more happy with red monster evan with worse scores

congrats again for @BMW /// M-Power , very well deserved championship+great battle @my misfortunate Spa
congrats @D.Brezancic for GTE Am title
congrats @Kleinstein for LMPh Am title
congrats @inkychris for LMPh Pro title ( dont get mad @Col.McCoy :unsure: if i am mistaken but i think inky got championship )

Agree with GTE Am champ and inky about oscilation of performance becouse i got it also:(
e. g. @LMS

also with C7

but i lost about 25-30 FPS + minor stutters so my pace in race was 3 53 flat-whole 2sec off my avg race pace!

My second seassion with great AOR community, 1st in Endurance so im proud to finish it + learned a new car and make some friends.
Hope to c ya all pertrolheads in Endu S6 or GT3 S14 and of course community evants:).

Last edited:

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
@inkychris absolutely the deserved lpmh champion. Consistent point scoring and absolutely worth losing it to him in the Porsche.
Leon and I just had too many dropouts or problems (allthough most of them not our fault, but still....)

Reactions: inkychris

BMW /// M-Power

GP2 2nd Driver
Oct 8, 2018
yeah kinda strange... again this online effect with the laptimes. in singleplayer i managed 48´s on racefuel and in race my fastest was a 50.1...

o Coxon o

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2016
Yeah I found the difference more in terms of straight-line speed, in terms of LMPH at imola I was coming off the hybrid down the main straight at certain speeds in single player but I found when it came to the actual online race I was using more battery to get that certain speed.