PC - Evaluation Race #1: Thursday September 22nd 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Evaluation Race #1: Thursday September 22nd 8PM UK

BergheVonTrips

2-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Jun 22, 2015
So mad at my wheel right now. I had to hold my wheel as if I was steering to the left all the time to keep the car straight in game. Last time I had that issue was back on F1 2014, now it's come back to haunt me. Does anyone know a solution to this issue? It always appeared when I went completely over the curb on the outside of the very last corner. Everytime I would go over that particular curb the issue got worse and worse.

BergheVonTrips

Jun 22, 2015

Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 7th
Qualifying Time: 1:47,616 (please bare in mind that I had massive issues with my steering wheel)
Finishing Position: 3rd

To quote myself:

So mad at my wheel right now. I had to hold my wheel as if I was steering to the left all the time to keep the car straight in game. Last time I had that issue was back on F1 2014, now it's come back to haunt me. Does anyone know a solution to this issue? It always appeared when I went completely over the curb on the outside of the very last corner. Everytime I would go over that particular curb the issue got worse and worse.

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Sorry to sound like a total scrub, but how does this work? Just an invite to a closed lobby or do we need to join something specially for it?
Hey man. Sorry we couldn't get you in. The way it works is we set up a custom private lobby and then we invite the drivers via steam, but unfortunately you hadn't accepted my friends request in time :(

Would you be able to do one of the other 3 race nights instead?

Well I would like today, because there I have night shift ATM this weekend
Does this mean you will not be able to do any of the other 3 nights?

Zomacher

Formula Karter
Jan 15, 2014
Wow what a great race this was. Most of the time battling with someone. At the begining I felt that most of us was too cautious but then the party started.
It's a shame that Kovis retired car ruined my race twice. Without that it could have been a solid 6-8 place. I'm going to upload the whole race uncut.

Thanks for the race guys!

Here is my race report:
Qualifying Position: 4th
Qualifying Time: 1.47.413
Finishing Position: 14th

Had two major accidents with a retired car, the battles wasn't slowed me down I think.

20160922222202_1.jpg

20160922222206_1.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: SonOfMaw

W4ckyRac3r

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 18, 2015
quali.jpg

20160922212232_1.jpg

I would have my laptimes, but i cleverly took the screenshots of Sebi's without realising. I was lapping between the high 1:50's and high 1:53's throughout, depending on battles etc. I did record the race so if you want footage to show laptimes I can sort that out :banghead:

Quali: 9th
Time: 1:47.705
Race: 8th

Some great battling in the midfield guys! Great Race

Last edited:

amdavies

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 16
Qualifying Time: 1:49.329
Finishing Position: 19

Lap 2: Crash at Eau Rouge (Sorry NoseyGuyy) after person in front unexpectedly slowed.
Lap 5: Crash at Eau Rouge after I touched the grass like an idiot
Followed by a combination of Drive-thrus for speeding in pitlane/VSC + VSC.

Overall, not a very good race; only really go into the rhythm during the final sector

Laps:

NoseyGuyy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2016
Qualifying result: 15th
Qualifying time: 1:49.276
Finishing position: 18th
I had a TERRIBLE first stint, and I just couldn't get into the rhythm tonight, and so I spun a lot, crashed a lot, and generally did really poorly. This pretty much extended throughout my entire race besides the last stint where I had a pretty clean run, but overall my race was super crappy compared to what I believe I could have done.
20160922212259_1.jpg

20160922212256_1.jpg

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Remember to do your post-race report lads:
Post-Race Reporting:

After the race, you will need to report back to us (by posting in this thread) with the following information:

Race Director Images:
On the results screen after the race, enter the "race director" and take picture(s) of your lap times in the race director screen (can be done by pressing F12), and upload your pictures here. Posting a video clip of your race director is also acceptable. This will help us get a better overview of your race pace.

Race Report:
Qualifying Position:
Qualifying Time:
Finishing Position:
Add anything of note that may have affected your lap times during the race, such as incidents with other drivers, or lengthy battles you had during the race.
It's not the end of the world if you weren't able to screenshot your lap times, but it would be very useful if you did! :)

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
What an awesome race! Had some great battles with @Zomacher and @Birkoff then there was a major accident at the last corner, three guys tangled into each other including @Birkoff, don't know who the others were. I gained 3 positions there, but I'm sad, it was a great 4-way battle. In the end I finished the race with 72% medium tyres and still did my best S2 time in the last lap :D my Q time could have been better but my second lap got invalidated and I only went out with just enough fuel for 1 flying lap. I'm looking forward to racing you guys in S12! :)

Qualifying position: 6th
Qualifying time: 1:47.615
Finishing position: 4th

I had a clean race so my times are the best they could be:

Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Knalliee

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 3, 2016
Hey man. Sorry we couldn't get you in. The way it works is we set up a custom private lobby and then we invite the drivers via steam, but unfortunately you hadn't accepted my friends request in time :(

Would you be able to do one of the other 3 race nights instead?

Does this mean you will not be able to do any of the other 3 nights?
I will participate, I think I can do tomorrow I will just have to rush afterwards.

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

pimruspolos

Formula Karter
Aug 17, 2016

Qualifying Position: 17th
Qualifying Time: 1:49:445
Finishing Position: 12th

I had two accidents with Kovi's retired car, and a lot of battle with someone.

My Qualifying was so so bad for me, I can do 1:47:9 or something similar, but I killed my supersofts, and then I had to ran with soft, and I made some mistake. And then the race was a little bit better, I made one big mistake, but I didn't hit the wall in the session. I started from P17, and at the middle of the race I was at P5, and then I made that huge mistake, and I lost ~10-15 sec, and I met Kovi's slow car, and then I didn't have any chance to gain positions. So I finished in P12, not a good result, but I think I can do better, maybe next time.

Thank you guys! :D

BergheVonTrips

Jun 22, 2015
Fun race guys. Had some great battles that I'm about to put up on YT. Might take a while, but worth watching once it's up.

• Faff
Reactions: Qélon

Sebi2a

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2016
Qualifying Position: 8th
Qualifying Time: 1.47.624 (used soft tyres (click on the time to see the qualy times))
Finishing Position: 1st

Wow! New to F1 games, learned the track today, only did like 30-40 laps in the afternoon anbd managed to do a great race.

So i basically tried somethingand and it worked :
Qualy : saw everybody with SS tyres, but i knew i was pretty fast on that track, so i picked soft tyres, hoping to do only 1 pit stop in the race. So i was pretty happy with my time in qualy, even if i could have won 2 positions by getting only -0.010..

Race : had a pretty good start, even if i was on the outside, i gave a lot of space at turn 1, so i could get a better exit, won a couple of position in the first lap, and was racing against Berghe who had SS tyres on, but he was getting slower and the 2 guys in front were having a great battle. Catched them up very fast, and one of them did a mistake. So i was 2nd on on that point (think it was lap 4-5?) with soft tyres. Couldn't be a better scenario for me.
So the first guy pitted, and MarcoFD was like 4 secs behind me, aalso with soft tyres, i gave everything i could to keep him away, and we both pitted on the same lap.
out of the pit Marco is still 3-4 secs behind but Berghe is 1st, joinedf the track just behind him with medium tyres. The only problem is that he had soft tyres, so he was a bit faster than me, but i managed to stay very close to him, passing him from time to time, but MarcoFD was voming to me very fast.
We had a great battle, till the finish line, even if i did a little mistake.

here are the screenshots

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualified 12th (forgot to record time)
Finished 9th, 1 stop strategy.

Collision end of Kemel Straight lap 2, no-one's fault, but put me back of the field. Felt like I was pretty slow most of the time,
but the 1 stop helped bring me back into the race a bit. Fantastic racing with @W4ckyRac3r but my inability to break consistently at the Bus Stop dropped me out of too many fights. Lots of fun keeping @StevieSQ at bay on worn Mediums against his fresh Super Softs, almost got him but gambles on using Rich and ran out at the last corner.

Oh and that overtake with @Beyond...

Fairly happy with my race, but ultimately lucky to finish as high up as I did.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Q- 14

Bit of a shambles.
First lap - I abandoned because it was one of those laps that proceeded to get worse and worse the more it went on.
Second lap - I abandoned because I got held up by a Red Bull at Rivage, lose 1.2 seconds in that one corner.
Third lap - I had a @Beyond overtake me and spend the entire lap stuck up his gearbox for the entire lap.
Fourth lap - I crashed.

2016-09-22_20-32-27.jpg

R - 7

Had a pretty chaotic start, tapped the back of @SonOfMaw into T1 braking zone. Then got pushed wide on the exit of T1, rejoined as safely as I could but I got a tap on the rear and I think it @aeN who went spinning like mad. Apologies if I caused that.

Managed to avoid a bit of carnage around me, but had contact with @Miniblack up the inside at Pouhon. He kindly waited for me, which was ultimately a waste of time simply because at the bus-stop on that same lap I had contact with @xNinja.

Had quite a lot of wear on the softs. Mediums held up but thought I could do something a bit more aggressive so tried putting super-softs on. My charge was going well. Until I came up behind @SonOfMaw, what a scrap that was.
2016-09-22_21-21-32.jpg
2016-09-22_21-21-47.jpg

Reactions: SonOfMaw

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
View attachment 12243

I would have my laptimes, but i cleverly took the screenshots of Sebi's without realising. I was lapping between the high 1:50's and high 1:53's throughout, depending on battles etc. I did record the race so if you want footage to show laptimes I can sort that out :banghead:

Quali: 9th
Time: 1:47.705
Race: 8th

Some great battling in the midfield guys! Great Race
Wish I'd remembered to record, you gonna put the footage up?

xNinja

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Qualifying Position: 1st (Yay)
Qualifying Time: 1:46:8 (With a mistake :()
Finishing Position: 13th :(

Shambles of a race for me, was involved in battles the whole race so barely got any clean laps, had some good battles but saw some questionable moves by some people which was a let down :(.

Highlights (Basically Lowlights):