PC - Evaluation Race #1: Thursday September 22nd 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Evaluation Race #1: Thursday September 22nd 8PM UK

W4ckyRac3r

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 18, 2015
Qualifying Position: 1st (Yay)
Qualifying Time: 1:46:8 (With a mistake :()
Finishing Position: 13th :(

Shambles of a race for me, was involved in battles the whole race so barely got any clean laps, had some good battles but saw some questionable moves by some people which was a let down :(.

Highlights (Basically Lowlights):
Sorry for that on lap 2, I ran wide on the exit of les combes, had dirty tyres and just locked up, far from intentional :(

• Friendly
Reactions: xNinja

McMungeGuff

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 12, 2016
Hey man. Sorry we couldn't get you in. The way it works is we set up a custom private lobby and then we invite the drivers via steam, but unfortunately you hadn't accepted my friends request in time :(

Would you be able to do one of the other 3 race nights instead?
Yeah I couldn't believe it, but yeah if I could get slotted into Sunday's race i'll absolutely make sure I'm online and ready!

Reactions: FisiFan91

Sebi2a

Formula Karter
Sep 13, 2016
anyone recorded/streamed the whole race ? Would be interesting to watch it from an other angle (y)

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
spa part 1.png
spa part 2.png

Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 21
Qualifying Time: not applicable
Finishing Position: p2 (p1 if penalty would be removed which it would in leaguescenario, avoiding collision by cutting the track)

overall i had a positive race especially as i started in the back on purpose to see how others
managed their racecraft and pace to eachother, fairly messy turn 1 i witnessed and at the end of the kennel straight as well on lap 1, other than that i had a great battle with @Sebi2a sadly he misjudged the speed he took through blanchimont on the inside while i was on the outside and we both spun out , luckily no losing positions and damage was off , in reall sceneario our cars would probably been wrecked though :p, he took responsibility for it after the race right away so fair and clean imo and im sure it wont happen like that agian next time.
good pace consitently around 150s apart from pitlaps and the lap where we spun.
looking forward to just watching everyone squable tonight during the evo race :) its a full lobby so should be good fun

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
anyone recorded/streamed the whole race ? Would be interesting to watch it from an other angle (y)
I recorded it from the spectator cam from lap 3 onwards. Tried to look a little bit at everyone, but mainly where there were battles.

I could put it on my 2nd channel (aka my "videos I put no effort into" channel) if people want me to. Rendering is gonna take a little while tho :)

Miniblack

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
thx for the race :)

Had some pretty funny battles throughout the race.
Altho i got taken out about 4 - 5 times by @Zomacher and @SonOfMaw.
Mostly because of lag with Sonofmaw, but also because they where unaware of me attacking, or so it felt like.
Sonofmaw rejoined the track right in front of Zomacher and me, on lap 17, which was really unnecessary.

I'm not saying this to be an idiot, but just to let you guys know, that a little more awareness would make a big difference! :)
Once again, thx for the race!

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
thx for the race :)

Had some pretty funny battles throughout the race.
Altho i got taken out about 4 - 5 times by @Zomacher and @SonOfMaw.
Mostly because of lag with Sonofmaw, but also because they where unaware of me attacking, or so it felt like.
Sonofmaw rejoined the track right in front of Zomacher and me, on lap 17, which was really unnecessary.

I'm not saying this to be an idiot, but just to let you guys know, that a little more awareness would make a big difference! :)
Once again, thx for the race!
Where was that? I remember I made a dodgy decision to rejoin at one of my many offs at the bus stop, I let you back past since I realised I caused a bit of a mess. Apologies for that. If it's a another incident, let me know.

• Friendly
Reactions: Miniblack

aeN

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 23, 2016
Had a pretty chaotic start, tapped the back of @SonOfMaw into T1 braking zone. Then got pushed wide on the exit of T1, rejoined as safely as I could but I got a tap on the rear and I think it @aeN who went spinning like mad. Apologies if I caused that.
Don't worry it was probably my fault, I tried to pass between you and and an other car (I don't remember who) but there was not enough space, I should have backed out.

Anyway, qualifying was pretty bad, I can usually do at least a 1.48 but I only managed a 1.50.5, so started p19. The start was pretty good, but as said before at turn 1 I spun around completely from tapping others and rejoined last by quite a margin.
From then it was probably the worst race I've ever done, so many mistakes and no consistency at all :(

Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 19
Qualifying Time: 1.50.5
Finishing Position: 20 (I think? I don't have a screenshot)

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Miniblack - watching Zomachers video I saw the incident you mentioned. I was sure I'd let you back past, but I obviously didn't (it must have been some other incident with you or someone else), so sorry for that. Definitely something I'll try not to repeat in S12.

Birkoff

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 4, 2014
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 2nd
Qualifying Time: 1:47.105
Finishing Position: 11

Had a mediocre start, however coming out of the 1st corner i managed to get good traction and had overtaken xNinja in Eau de Rouge. Had to pit in L4 to change SS for Mediums.

I had an incident with @BergheVonTrips in L6, i was on my 2nd lap on mediums coming out of the 1st corner while
@BergheVonTrips was coming out of the pit, before entering Eau de Rouge i was ahead of him and in the pick of the hill we touched and got overtaken by 3 drivers after this incident. (POV @ 36:20)

After Virtual Safety Car i had a "bright idea" to change my strategy and decided to make a 3 stop so i went in to change to Soft right after the track was green. Got a drive through penalty for speeding in pit lane so i had to serve this penlaty in L12.

Also there was another incident in the last corner of L11, @StevieSQ and @xNinja were in front of me and they touched ahead coming out of last corner, i was so close that i couln't avoid this one. (POV: 47:40)

Sorry for not having my screenshots uploaded, i have closed steam without uploading the screenshots.
If it's needed i can have this done manually.

Race POV:

Miniblack

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
@Miniblack - watching Zomachers video I saw the incident you mentioned. I was sure I'd let you back past, but I obviously didn't (it must have been some other incident with you or someone else), so sorry for that. Definitely something I'll try not to repeat in S12.
i just totally forgot that you gave back the position XD - forget everything i said :p

• Funny
Reactions: SonOfMaw