PC - Evaluation Race #3: Saturday September 24th 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Evaluation Race #3: Saturday September 24th 8PM UK

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Race Director Images:

Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 2nd (had to take avoiding action that robbed me from 1st, delta went up with ~0.1 sec)
Qualifying Time: 1.47.028
Finishing Position: 4th
First of all, it's good that Barrikimi already apologized for leaving little room after kemmel straight. A tyre width maybe, not a car width that I deserved (and that I gave +more in turn 1). Slight touch brought me in an uncontrollable spin and I had to go on from the back. If it was a league race, I'd most likely have brought it up to the stewards. After that incident plenty of battles and overtakes, so the laptimes aren't that consistent. The fastest lap for example is a combination of fresh tyres and huge slipstreamassist by 2 other drivers. :whistle:
Anyway, apperantly I wasn't aiming for optimal strategy anyway, so I'd probably would've finished 3rd, but unfortunately I still can't tell for sure if S-M is the optimal strategy.
Summary:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 12th
Qualifying Time: 1:49.234
Finishing Position: 10th

Quite enjoyed that I have to say. Couldn't avoid some strewn cars on Lap 1 and spun about 62 360 degree spins. Was a bit of erratic driving from @AOR Adrenaline , lag might have played a part, we had contact like 2 or 3 times.

I cut like 3 or 4 corners in the first few laps of the race ,giving me the 3 second penalty,....that was me practicing.

Only drove on the soft and medium compounds, fastest lap was set on mediums a think.

And I didn't read the thread, didn't know you had to take pics of your race director..... #ErtiExposed

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 12th
Qualifying Time: 1:49.234
Finishing Position: 10th

Quite enjoyed that I have to say. Couldn't avoid some strewn cars on Lap 1 and spun about 62 360 degree spins. Was a bit of erratic driving from @AOR Adrenaline , lag might have played a part, we had contact like 2 or 3 times.

I cut like 3 or 4 corners in the first few laps of the race ,giving me the 3 second penalty,....that was me practicing.

Only drove on the soft and medium compounds, fastest lap was set on mediums a think.

And I didn't read the thread, didn't know you had to take pics of your race director..... #ErtiExposed
Everytime i got close to you we made contact I am not sure if its because of lag? and also on final lap you braked very early and i was not paying attention to react in time. I upload my POV wheres yours?

Maj_ITGuy

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 21, 2014

Qualified 14th with a 1:49.5 and finished 11th. Nothing really happened during the race some battles and overtakes but mostly I was racing my own race. This was way better than the first race I was a part of on Friday. Two stop was way better than a three that I did yesterday.

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016

Qualified 14th with a 1:49.5 and finished 11th. Nothing really happened during the race some battles and overtakes but mostly I was racing my own race. This was way better than the first race I was a part of on Friday. Two stop was way better than a three that I did yesterday.
What happend at Lap 12?Did you lose your braking point because you spunned me there right after the big straight!

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014

Race Report

I blew my quali laps twice on the SS. Q19

It was a bit bangy in the first stint. Collisions in the midfield. Thanks @AOR Adrenaline for waiting :) Didn't like the yellow tyres much and the car seems very heavy on fuel this year although it might be the setup.

I pitted for the white tyres and did consistent but slow laps until I had to move over for blue flags on Lap19. I think I made a mistake on Lap18.

Annoyed with myself for the silly penalty. R15
You're welcome mate i do my best at heart to race clean but sometimes it hunts me being too cautious. Season start things will turn around though, as my teammate this season is VERY consistent and will push me a tone!

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
@AOR Adrenaline Well I just watched your video and there's definitely lag involved. The lap 6 incident my front wheels were still alongside on my screen, but you were clear.
The incident at the same place I was right alongside you after locking up, yet you only felt a little touch....nice of you to let me through though.
And the last lap part, you broke too late on worn tyres I'm afraid lol

• Friendly
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@AOR Adrenaline Well I just watched your video and there's definitely lag involved. The lap 6 incident my front wheels were still alongside on my screen, but you were clear.
The incident at the same place I was right alongside you after locking up, yet you only felt a little touch....nice of you to let me through though.
And the last lap part, you broke too late on worn tyres I'm afraid lol
lol the lag will make a lot of people quit this season for sure. As what's on my screen is far off on another's quite often, and thats still an ongoing issue with codemaster's games and thats lag. So drivers will need to be extra careful whilst racing close, even me. I took some positive's out of todays race, even with the poor performance that doesn't justify my pace properly, i still learned today and you had a decent race imo. For a guy with barely 20 hrs play time on the game, i reckon if you put bit a effort you would return to form back in your season 3 days? :)

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
Race Director Images:
20160924211757_1.jpg 20160924211801_1.jpg 20160924211747_1.jpg
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 16
Qualifying Time: 1:49.799
Finishing Position: 8

First of all I'd like to apologize to Neil for overestimating the state of my Softs under braking to the last chicane. They were clearly faster than his Meds (so I eventually caught him there) but not fresh enough to stop my car where I wanted. I was alongside his car so it wasn't a desperate lunge from nowhere. I had many situations during the race where I could have done exactly this, but opted to brake early to avoid crashing into the side of a turning car. I'm quite happy with my pace, not having done too many kms on this track before. I enjoyed fights with Chicane, fair and clean racing. Unfortunately on lap 18 Neil didn't see me coming on the inside of Le Combes and crashed into me (on a side note - why is he in 10th place on his Race Director but in 9th on mine?) I have posted my race highlights video if anyone is interested or wants another POV. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
, i still learned today and you had a decent race imo. For a guy with barely 20 hrs play time on the game, i reckon if you put bit a effort you would return to form back in your season 3 days? :)
I only started in Season 4 lol,...my best was Season 6 and 7....don't think I'll be quite as good as back then as, I'm using a wheel for the first time on an F1 game ;)

Maj_ITGuy

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 21, 2014
What happend at Lap 12?Did you lose your braking point because you spunned me there right after the big straight!
Yeah sorry about that man. I did lose my breaking point in trying to defend my line and just came across your path. I thought I cleared you because I didn't feel any feedback from my wheel at that turn. I don't think I hindered your race too much. You did lose a pos but you passed me in the end so hopefully, I didn't mess up your race too badly.

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I only started in Season 4 lol,...my best was Season 6 and 7....don't think I'll be quite as good as back then as, I'm using a wheel for the first time on an F1 game ;)
wheel is what you want mate. Give it time and be patient, You know the more you say " im not good" Psychologically you feel worst. Look it up if you don't believe me. I regard you as one of the better drivers AOR has don't let me down (y)

Reactions: Erti147

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Race Director Images:
View attachment 12565 View attachment 12566 View attachment 12567
Race Report:
Qualifying Position: 16
Qualifying Time: 1:49.799
Finishing Position: 8

First of all I'd like to apologize to Neil for overestimating the state of my Softs under braking to the last chicane. They were clearly faster than his Meds (so I eventually caught him there) but not fresh enough to stop my car where I wanted. I was alongside his car so it wasn't a desperate lunge from nowhere. I had many situations during the race where I could have done exactly this, but opted to brake early to avoid crashing into the side of a turning car. I'm quite happy with my pace, not having done too many kms on this track before. I enjoyed fights with Chicane, fair and clean racing. Unfortunately on lap 18 Neil didn't see me coming on the inside of Le Combes and crashed into me (on a side note - why is he in 10th place on his Race Director but in 9th on mine?) I have posted my race highlights video if anyone is interested or wants another POV. Thanks guys!

I do recall the les combes incident, and commented at the time that I may have upset a Sauber. I wasn't certain so carried on.

We"ll call it evens then.
I'll put my view of that les Combes incident up later. As I recall while lying here in bed there was another car involved.

So here is the video. Punisher got me at Les Combes. @Palo Samo went for me at Malmedy.
In the leagues if this happened and you feel agrieved, call me on Teamspeak and I'd have waited.

[DOUBLEPOST=1474791757][/DOUBLEPOST]
wheel is what you want mate. Give it time and be patient, You know the more you say " im not good" Psychologically you feel worst. Look it up if you don't believe me. I regard you as one of the better drivers AOR has don't let me down (y)
Based on this psychology .

I'm f****** awesome

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
You're welcome mate i do my best at heart to race clean but sometimes it hunts me being too cautious. Season start things will turn around though, as my teammate this season is VERY consistent and will push me a tone!
Yes, you were patient in trying to pass when you were obviously faster so it is appreciated :)

Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
After seeing your footage Neil, I have to say that it is obvious that you were involved in fight with Punisher and didn't see me diving on the inside (I should have stayed on Rich fuel mix...). Racing incident :)
As for the Bus Stop contact, I had the inside line and on full right lock into the corner with my wheels locking up as well. I always try and leave space when someone tries to overtake me from the inside in case they lock up brakes or overshoot the corner (you know that already after lap 1 scare ;) ) Racing incident again :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Neil Bywater

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
After seeing your footage Neil, I have to say that it is obvious that you were involved in fight with Punisher and didn't see me diving on the inside (I should have stayed on Rich fuel mix...). Racing incident :)
As for the Bus Stop contact, I had the inside line and on full right lock into the corner with my wheels locking up as well. I always try and leave space when someone tries to overtake me from the inside in case they lock up brakes or overshoot the corner (you know that already after lap 1 scare ;) ) Racing incident again :)
You'll have to get used to each other as you're likely in the same split. :)