PC - Evaluation Race #4: Sunday September 25th 8PM UK | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Evaluation Race #4: Sunday September 25th 8PM UK

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
agreed. at least we can actually race on this game tho. as f1 15 was laughable.
I really enjoy racing on this game and I don't usually have many problems with it, nothing anywhere near to last seasons game anyway. But hopefully these bugs will get sorted soon as it looks like a good season ahead with loads of new drivers and plenty of splits so it looks like the splits could be very close, so I am looking forward to some great racing.

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I really enjoy racing on this game and I don't usually have many problems with it. Nothing anywhere near to last seasons game anyway. But hopefully these bugs will get sorted soon as it looks like a good season ahead with loads of new drivers and plenty of splits so it looks like the splits could be very close, so I am looking forward to some great racing.
Same here, I'm looking forward to a great season as well. I fear some very important glitches wont get fix IE(spinning automatically when tapping someones rear or getting tapped on the sidepod). These bugs can be race ending for anyone. Other than that cockpit view gets a weird gear shifter bug as well, which is also needing to be addressed imo. But nothing that stops a league from starting so will make a saturday night social for Season opener round Melbourne

• Agree
Reactions: Punisher

KoolKat

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 24, 2015
Quali: 18th (no time)
Race: 10th

Interesting race to say the least.
Qualifying: My game crashed just before the session started, and by the time I had restarted it and rejoined the lobby, I was too late to participate in quali.

Race: I started in 18th on the default setup and soft tyres. Start was solid, as I made up 3 places coming out of Turn 1. Made up 3 more positions by the end of Lap 1 due to other drivers' incidents. Made up 3 more positions and found myself in 9th at the end of Lap 2. Had a battle with OH DAERN on Laps 3 and 4, before I got past him on Lap 5. By then I was 4th due to the guys ahead pitting. Came in for my first and only stop on Lap 10, and went on to the mediums. Rejoined in 7th, but got passed by Nick immediately. I stuck behind him in sector 2 and tried to go side-by-side going into Turn 13, but ran out of room and went off track. As I was trying to regain my momentum, I was caught and passed by Marco, as I had another off-track excursion. Immediately after that I was passed by Nukka and NonRunner and found myself in 11th after Lap 11. From there I had a quiet race and I crossed the line in 7th, but penalties due to my shabby driving at times demoted me to 10th.

I stupidly pressed advance before I could take screenshots of my race director, but from my video, my lap times were:

Lap 1: 2:00.263 Lap 2: 1:52.183 Lap 3: 1:51.512 Lap 4: 1:53.107 Lap 5: 1:51.238 Lap 6: 1:51.811
Lap 7: 1:51.519 Lap 8: 1:50.628 Lap 9: 1:51.716 Lap 10: 1:57.291 Lap 11: 2:06.859 Lap 12: 1:50.374 (FL)
Lap 13: 1:51.367 Lap 14: 1:51.751 Lap 15: 1:50.616 Lap 16: 1:50.784 Lap 17: 1:51.013 Lap 18: 1:50.784
Lap 19: 1:50.722 Lap 20: 1:51.928 Lap 21: 1:51.737 Lap 22: 1:50.573

My POV:

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali: 18th (no time)
Race: 10th

Interesting race to say the least.
Qualifying: My game crashed just before the session started, and by the time I had restarted it and rejoined the lobby, I was too late to participate in quali.

Race: I started in 18th on the default setup and soft tyres. Start was solid, as I made up 3 places coming out of Turn 1. Made up 3 more positions by the end of Lap 1 due to other drivers' incidents. Made up 3 more positions and found myself in 9th at the end of Lap 2. Had a battle with OH DAERN on Laps 3 and 4, before I got past him on Lap 5. By then I was 4th due to the guys ahead pitting. Came in for my first and only stop on Lap 10, and went on to the mediums. Rejoined in 7th, but got passed by Nick immediately. I stuck behind him in sector 2 and tried to go side-by-side going into Turn 13, but ran out of room and went off track. As I was trying to regain my momentum, I was caught and passed by Marco, as I had another off-track excursion. Immediately after that I was passed by Nukka and NonRunner and found myself in 11th after Lap 11. From there I had a quiet race and I crossed the line in 7th, but penalties due to my shabby driving at times demoted me to 10th.

I stupidly pressed advance before I could take screenshots of my race director, but from my video, my lap times were:

Lap 1: 2:00.263 Lap 2: 1:52.183 Lap 3: 1:51.512 Lap 4: 1:53.107 Lap 5: 1:51.238 Lap 6: 1:51.811
Lap 7: 1:51.519 Lap 8: 1:50.628 Lap 9: 1:51.716 Lap 10: 1:57.291 Lap 11: 2:06.859 Lap 12: 1:50.374 (FL)
Lap 13: 1:51.367 Lap 14: 1:51.751 Lap 15: 1:50.616 Lap 16: 1:50.784 Lap 17: 1:51.013 Lap 18: 1:50.784
Lap 19: 1:50.722 Lap 20: 1:51.928 Lap 21: 1:51.737 Lap 22: 1:50.573

My POV:

The same thing that happened to you @KoolKat Happened to me on lap 8 i believe with @H_pro1 Touched him slightly and i became glued and couldnt really put an input to correct the car tbf. Racing incident but very weird that it didnt only happen to me.

• Agree
Reactions: H_pro1

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Lobby 2
Qualifying went a lot better than expected, went to the soft tyres and managed to pull off a 1:48:657 on my first and only lap. At the start of the race I got an illegal overtake, for what I can only see the game went all random on me, as @Albin Mansson in the Ferrari on the right of me went into a half spin and over the track limits? So I had to give the place back into a dangerous situation of going up Eau Rouge dropping me down from 5th to 9th position. Not one to be disheartened I started to fight my way through the field to make back up those places I had lost

Video of the illegal overtake
Your move had been regarded as illegal because you broke the rule of overtaking under the Yellow flags so game wasn't wrong in doing this. However i do think it could of been better if the game recognized that the driver chasing at times cannot control scenarios like yours for instant.
[DOUBLEPOST=1474863693][/DOUBLEPOST]
Race Report:LOBBY1
Luckily @Marco FD came out from pit and I had a great fight - all the 1/3 part of the track were I could follow him.
LOL thought this was some good humor :p

• Winner
Reactions: ChokDK

H_pro1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
The same thing that happened to you @KoolKat Happened to me on lap 8 i believe with @H_pro1 Touched him slightly and i became glued and couldnt really put an input to correct the car tbf. Racing incident but very weird that it didnt only happen to me.
Yea it was a bit weird, I think Codemasters even said they fixed it, not sure tho. We need to look that nothing like this will happen because that would probably destroy both of our veichles

• Agree

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
Your move had been regarded as illegal because you broke the rule of overtaking under the Yellow flags so game wasn't wrong in doing this. However i do think it could of been better if the game recognized that the driver chasing at times cannot control scenarios like yours for instant.
[DOUBLEPOST=1474863693][/DOUBLEPOST] LOL thought this was some good humor :p
Exactly. There must have been a shunt at the back of the field hence the yellow flag in sector 1. I don't think that the game engine is capable of recognizing who is a chasing driver ;)

• Agree

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Yea it was a bit weird, I think Codemasters even said they fixed it, not sure tho. We need to look that nothing like this will happen because that would probably destroy both of our veichles
codemasters cannot patch lag related incidents unfortunately. Will be up to us drivers to be aware for next time. It may very well be the new side pod glitch!

Reactions: H_pro1

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Exactly. There must have been a shunt at the back of the field hence the yellow flag in sector 1. I don't think that the game engine is capable of recognizing who is a chasing driver ;)
Yea would be nice if the game could recognized that a driver has crashed or gone off! And to apply the rule only once a car is deemed clear of a pack. But that would require super smart humans so unlike codies tbf:whistle:

Albin Mansson

Formula Karter
Aug 8, 2016
Fun race overall, havent been able to play for some time, so my inconsistency caught me out a couple of times.
upload_2016-9-26_8-25-1.png

upload_2016-9-26_8-25-17.png

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
View attachment 12623
View attachment 12622
Qualifying Position: 2nd
Qualifying Time: 1.46.126
Finishing Position: 8th

Well, that was an eventful race.I think there were about 5 laps where there wasn't any kind of battling going on. There were some crashes which cost me probably about 20 seconds, but I'm not going into more detail about those since this wasn't a serious league race :p My driving wasn't optimal as well, my brakes were a bit too sensitive, which made me unsure under braking. That's what you get when copypasting your TT setup and not testing it online beforehand...

My quali lap, however, was pretty successful, might have got 1-2 tenths out of it, but with the excitement(/anxiety) level, I'm very happy of it.

So here's the race, when it's done processing

Enjoyed our little battle, my tires were 11 laps old though (3 laps from quali and 8 laps from the race) so I hope I didn't hold you up to much on your fresh rubber:p

NonRunner

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2016
Enjoyed our little battle, my tires were 11 laps old though (3 laps from quali and 8 laps from the race) so I hope I didn't hold you up to much on your fresh rubber:p
I'm sure you know that you held me(and Tyrano) up, however that's racing, not being able to get past that easily. Well, in real life it's hard to even overtake someone, whereas in this game you overtake just to lose the position on the next straight :D

NickB

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 11, 2016
I'm sure you know that you held me(and Tyrano) up, however that's racing, not being able to get past that easily. Well, in real life it's hard to even overtake someone, whereas in this game you overtake just to lose the position on the next straight :D
Yes I knew I had to hold you both up for as long as possible as my strategy was to stop only once, so when you pitted and came out behind me we both had one stop to go, so theoretically we was racing for position so the longer I kept you both behind, the longer it benefited me for later in the race:smuggrin:

Palo Samo

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 1, 2016
Yea would be nice if the game could recognized that a driver has crashed or gone off! And to apply the rule only once a car is deemed clear of a pack. But that would require super smart humans so unlike codies tbf:whistle:
I am convinced that you can overtake a car that has caused the yellow flag without a problem (done it many times already). In this race the Ferrari wasn't that car hence the illegal move on him.

Last edited:
  • Informative

LnD

Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2016
Qualifying Position: 19
Qualifying Time: 1.49.1xx
Finishing Position: 15

Sorry, but I don't have any picture from the race because, I just run out of time in the end and missed it. I don't know where to begin :)
First of all I didn't run in spa with the game until 19:30, so actually I ran just 3 laps , but it wasn't enought to practice the corners, find out the corner gears and speeds. In the begining I forgot to set push to talk the microphone.. (I apologize for everybody because of this). After than in the middle of the qualy (with a bad setup) my girlfriend just called me and of course she speaked until the end of the qualy.... After then I just tried to finish the race as good as I can. The start was good, get some places, but I made a mistake (maybe the first lap?) and just drop back to last place with +5 sec or something like that. After that tried to use a different strategy and because of that when somebody approach me I didn't fight too much, except @Adrenaline because I know we will "fighting" for a place (actually I just hoped that... :D). I really enjoyed that fight, I think it's just made this race for me. (In lap 15, in sector 2, I slow down suddenly because my wheelshifter just starting to die and switched 2 times instead of one, that means I wanted to take that corner in 3 rd gear but it's downshifted to 2nd and had a massive engine break). First and last it was fun next time I will try to get a better performance. :)

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
@Chicane @Jens Maul Thanks guys for the feedback on my race edit, i am trying with sony vegas atm. It detects my Mic very low even with the decimal at 12.0 and when i have it lower you can barely hear me at all. I will do some more tweaking in the future, keep the feedback coming so i know when i've got it right? cheers