F1 2014 "The Secret" Advantage? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 2014 "The Secret" Advantage?

klawutzke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 18, 2014
Hahaha. What you show is the default settings of your Logitech profiler and you driving on Austria with a default setup and a limitless setup.. there is no secret told to us in this video. I know, I'm a pad driver, but your video is completely non-sense. The right settings can't give you that much more traction.

You simply can't start that good on the prime tyres. Ok.. you can definetly improve the start a little bit by practising it, but you are almost as quick as us pad drivers on soft at the start. This is simply not possible!

Overall I have to say that the video was very entertaining, had to laugh a lot about the comments.. but there is not even one informational part in it.

Reactions: DH1806

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
Hahaha. What you show is the default settings of your Logitech profiler and you driving on Austria with a default setup and a limitless setup.. there is no secret told to us in this video. I know, I'm a pad driver, but your video is completely non-sense. The right settings can't give you that much more traction.

You simply can't start that good on the prime tyres. Ok.. you can definetly improve the start a little bit by practising it, but you are almost as quick as us pad drivers on soft at the start. This is simply not possible!

Overall I have to say that the video was very entertaining, had to laugh a lot about the comments.. but there is not even one informational part in it.
im sorry but its meant for wheel users, and ive had several positive feedback from them considering it
furthermore some people i shared the wheel settings i use with have increased theyre pace as well
im not here to help you padhackers, even though forced into i enjoyed making this video
and am happy to share this knowledge with wheel users who struggle against the OPness of the pad in this game.

i refuse to join the dark side of the pad! ima stay a wheelusing jedi ;)

Hamish Sopwith

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jan 13, 2014

Klawutzke for pad i would recommend the same quick setup technique but change your steering deadzone to %1 and your saturation to 20%-30% mainly depending on your driving style. then tyre ware im jugged on the quick setup and you Gear/Throttle inputs

klawutzke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 18, 2014
Ok.. if I find some time I'll try out your tips, Hamish. I will record it and if you are right it is all okay. On the other hand I would like to see some other wheel driver out of this league to check if Marcos tips work for them. Would be great if they record it too.

Hamish Sopwith

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jan 13, 2014
Ok.. if I find some time I'll try out your tips, Hamish. I will record it and if you are right it is all okay. On the other hand I would like to see some other wheel driver out of this league to check if Marcos tips work for them. Would be great if they record it too.
yh i think it would be intresting to see how they get on, at least in monaco i found with a bit of help from this video i was 0.9 faster with quickset up

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
ask miniblack

NRT xEclipse

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Sep 2, 2014
well im not giving away my setup but there isnt that many to chose from normally i try the ones i think are most likely to work
So I'm assuming that would mean higher downforce :p and one more question, why would you add steering dead zone if the pad is already horrifically understeery?

Hamish Sopwith

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jan 13, 2014
So I'm assuming that would mean higher downforce :p and one more question, why would you add steering dead zone if the pad is already horrifically understeery?
well for me i like full control over my car so it means my driving can look untidy but if the pad weves left and right slightly without input try putting the deadzone up to 5% or something and yes round track like Monaco higher downforce is defiantly needed :p

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
right the video will go offline at the end of today as im done with all the negativity
in which people dislike the video even though it helps/benefits one greatly! so for anyone who hasn't
watched it yet and is still under the impression that i "cheat" at this game have a look.
after today if i hear anymore claims considering this subject from any person they have got a problem with me
and i will take that to any admins. im here to race and have fun and so far this season has been one
giant soap opera and frankly im quite sick of it, i also want to emphasize racecraft, monaco is up
and everyone needs to be as clean as theyve never been or it will result in a fiasco
split 1 has a name to maintain and right now we are the laughing stock of the f1 community
in a lot of peoples eyes, so lets make sure we all clear that name, cause our first impression was a bad one
and thats a impression we can never wipe away anymore, so lets make sure the second one is a world
of difference and go for thrilling races which will reflect in awesome highlights made by our guys!
that will be all

FD out

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing marco. I haven't tried your tricks yet, but I am sure it will work. Video was great in my opinion, laughed like a maniac. May the traction be with you :D.

Reactions: Former user1

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Well, thanks for still not telling us about your "secret" settings. (Read the whole post if u want to get some real working tips too)

For a little recap: Our problem is that Marco and Hamish have some sort of extra traction/grip which you cant achieve by adapting your driving style or the ingame setup.

You can see this extra traction/grip right at the start of a race. Let's take Catalunya for instance:
Hamish has already been 1 car lenght in front of me after 7 seconds! You would assume that i must ve started so bad that even p3 or p4 could be a threat for me, but they werent.

I know that he has got an advantage as a pad driver vs a wheel driver, but it should be not that huge at start. I tested it with Fat1st who of course is on Pad too and of course he is able to overtake me but not that fast and he's not so far in front of me, he's rather alongside me. Here's the comparison video:

And how is Marco able to start almost as fast as a pad driver(klawutzke) while being in addition on primes?

Starting on lean is not the reason. You musn't allow your tyres to get deep orange (even Marco told me that), but if you do that as a wheel driver by being gentle on the throttle and shifting up early you start slow anyways. The best way to start as a wheel driver is on rich, being for the first 2-3 seconds gentle on the throttle and then going full throttle and almost max out the first and second gear at start, thats the best way to start and to prevent your tyres from overheating too much.(I've learned that from the recent testing so i wasn't aware of it at our Catalunya race, that's why you dont see me doing it in the comparison video)

Take a look and pay attention to the tyre temperature picture on the right:

Moreover you can see that they have extra traction/grip by their laptimes they can put in in the last laps of a long stint, lets take Bahrain for an example again.

or Catalunya:

With the right wing settings you can do 13 laps on options in bahrain and catalunya, but you can't be so fast on the last laps of the stint without some sort of extra traction/grip.

So better tyre wear can be achieved by adjusting the setup, and it can even be achieved by driving more carefully as hamish has shown. The difference to hamish or Marco is that it costs time to drive more carefully. You trade speed for tyre wear, that is what this game works like and how it works for all of us, except for them. But as i said, with the right wing settings you dont need to be gentle on the throttle and gears anyways in order to have better tyre wear, but you can't be so fast on the last laps of a "longer than usual" stint cause tyre wear kicks in.

I've told you what you can do ingame and what rly has an effect.

Picking a quick setup doesn't has any effects, it doesn't give you their extra traction/grip. Just by watching hamish's "driving style " vids you can see that even he doesn't use a quick setup. The only eye-catching thing from his bad setup is his alignment, it's all in the middle, as it is when u pick a quick setup. It is more stable than the usual alignment settings in a race, it is easier to be more consistent over the usual lenght of a stint, but it is rly slow in quali, it cost me at least around 7 tenths in some catalunya quali tests, so i can't see that being a good choice.

To the people that feel faster with loading a quick setup instead of loading their own setup: I can tell you that theres a bug in this game that makes you automatically at least around half a second slower if you load your setup. If u wonder why it is like that - codemasters reasons. Granu and me noticed it during the TT-event. Just redo your own setup for every session and you are fine.

Our conclusion is still that it is not possible to have such an amount of traction/grip by adapting your driving style or setup. And it's nothing they have shown in the vid.
I've heard that you can get more traction by choosing a certain throttle deadzone/throttle saturation setting as a wheel driver, so i can imagine that to be a glitch Marco maybe uses, as i've read that that is what he has told some people
(for instance to race-fanatic, he even asked people about it on the codemasters forum: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/4850/traction-glitch-ingame-setting) too. But im sick of testing this and that in order to find out about an unfair advantage that i can get by exploiting a glitch.
Hamish seems to have an even bigger advantage than Marco, Hamish is on pad and we even tested his pad settings in order to see if they make a difference, but they don't of course, it's just about your own preferences regarding wheel degree settings or pad steering settings. So we believe that he is a cheater, he cheated in the last season and made more than half of a split leaving AOR, and this season it looks like it again, as i said we ve tested a lot and we know the limits of the game, but what he can do isn't possible.

After all this testing that shouldn't ve been needed our desire for racing decreased of course.
Unfortunately there isn't enough proof for the admins to take action, but it is enough proof for us, Team1st, and we've decided to leave this league for this season. It's a bit sad for us but this has nothing to do anymore with fair, competitive and fun racing. Let's see what F1 2015 will come with.

@FisiFan91 @RyanL83 @klawutzke @Canisbe @DoubleDee1010 @ThomasIrishHD @race_fanatic_ @Andrei Codreanu @Birkoff @Miniblack @DH1806 @Granu

Last edited:

Hamish Sopwith

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Jan 13, 2014
Cool[DOUBLEPOST=1418486224][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, thanks for still not telling us about your "secret" settings.

For a little recap: Our problem is that Marco and Hamish have some sort of extra traction/grip which you cant achieve by adapting your driving style or the ingame setup.

You can see this extra traction/grip right at the start of a race. Let's take Catalunya for instance:
Hamish has already been 1 car lenght in front of me after 7 seconds! You would assume that i must ve started so bad that even p3 or p4 could be a threat for me, but they werent.

I know that he has got an advantage as a pad driver vs a wheel driver, but it should be not that huge at start. I tested it with Fat1st who of course is on Pad too and of course he is able to overtake me but not that fast and he's not so far in front of me, he's rather alongside me. Here's the comparison video:

And how is Marco able to start almost as fast as a pad driver(klawutzke) while being in addition on primes?

Starting on lean is not the reason. You musn't allow your tyres to get deep orange (even Marco told me that), but if you do that as a wheel driver by being gentle on the throttle and shifting up early you start slow anyways. The best way to start as a wheel driver is on rich, being for the first 2-3 seconds gentle on the throttle and then going full throttle and almost max out the first and second gear at start, thats the best way to start and to prevent your tyres from overheating too much.(I've learned that from the recent testing so i wasn't aware of it at our Catalunya race, that's why you dont see me doing it in the comparison video)

Take a look and pay attention to the tyre temperature picture on the right:

Moreover you can see that they have extra traction/grip by their laptimes they can put in in the last laps of a long stint, lets take Bahrain for an example again.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3819/n79rkr45_jpg.htm

or Catalunya:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3835/ypjhyvrp_jpg.htm

With the right wing settings you can do 13 laps on options in bahrain and catalunya, but you can't be so fast on the last laps of the stint without some sort of extra traction/grip.

So better tyre wear can be achieved by adjusting the setup, and it can even be achieved by driving more carefully as hamish has shown. The difference to hamish or Marco is that it costs time to drive more carefully. You trade speed for tyre wear, that is what this game works like and how it works for all of us, except for them. But as i said, with the right wing settings you dont need to be gentle on the throttle and gears anyways in order to have better tyre wear, but you can't be so fast on the last laps of a "longer than usual" stint cause tyre wear kicks in.

I've told you what you can do ingame and what rly has an effect.

Picking a quick setup doesn't has any effects, it doesn't give you their extra traction/grip. Just by watching hamish's "driving style " vids you can see that even he doesn't use a quick setup. The only eye-catching thing from his bad setup is his alignment, it's all in the middle, as it is when u pick a quick setup. It is more stable than the usual alignment settings in a race, it is easier to be more consistent over the usual lenght of a stint, but it is rly slow in quali, it cost me at least around 7 tenths in some catalunya quali tests, so i can't see that being a good choice.

To the people that feel faster with loading a quick setup instead of loading their own setup: I can tell you that theres a bug in this game that makes you automatically at least around half a second slower if you load your setup. If u wonder why it is like that - codemasters reasons. Granu and me noticed it during the TT-event. Just redo your own setup for every session and you are fine.

Our conclusion is still that it is not possible to have such an amount of traction/grip by adapting your driving style or setup. And it's nothing they have shown in the vid.
I've heard that you can get more traction by choosing a certain throttle deadzone/throttle saturation setting as a wheel driver, so i can imagine that to be a glitch Marco maybe uses, as i've read that that is what he has told some people too. But im sick of testing this and that in order to find out about an unfair advantage that i can get by exploiting a glitch.
Hamish seems to have an even bigger advantage than Marco, he's on pad and we even tested his pad settings in order to see if they make a difference, but they don't of course, it's just about your own preferences regarding wheel degree settings or pad steering settings. So we believe that he is a cheater, he cheated in the last season and made more than half of a split leaving AOR, and this season it looks like it again, as i said we ve tested a lot and we know the limits of the game, but what he can do isn't possible.

After all this testing that shouldn't ve been needed our desire for racing decreased of course.
Unfortunately there isn't enough proof for the admins to take action, but it is enough proof for us, Team1st, and we've decided to leave this league for this season. It's a bit sad for us but this has nothing to do anymore with fair, competitive and fun racing. Let's see what F1 2015 will come with.

@FisiFan91
jack the wheel setting wont work the Gamepad overide