PS4 - F1 2015 Season 11 Main Discussion Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 2015 Season 11 Main Discussion Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
AOR F1 Leagues - Season 11
PS4 - Main Discussion Thread

This thread is dedicated to all of the drivers that want or already signed up for AOR Season 11 on the PS4 and did already read all the important information/rules etc, but still do have some questions. Those will be addressed here, so we can keep the Sign-up thread clean, with just the sign-ups.
If didn't yet read the League Information and rules, please do so:

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Race Calendar

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Responses regarding the questions from the sign up thread:

Have you guys tried advertising the sign ups anywhere? With there only being 1 new sign up I think a lot of people still don't realise that the AOR leagues are starting again. Would be useful to get someone with a following on Twitter to tweet out or you could advertise on the Codemasters forums. Just a thought :)
Yes we did ourselves tweet this, but I think that in the next couple of days also something from Fisi or Dan should be appear.

when it is gonna be decided which tracks/ or track will be taken as the time trial choice?
Once a time trial event will be mandatory to be performed, the tracks will be revealed. The time trial event will be held, if we exceed the number of sign-ups for one tier.

Is a live stream broadcast being done for the PS4 league? I know it was talked about, was anything decided?
There was some talk about this, even also for some other platforms, but we need first to see the number of sign-ups and in the week which follows after these are closed, we will get more into details. Though I can't make any promises on this one.

does the league get moved back to Sunday's if Sony fix the online? i feel that we could get quite a few more signups if thats a possibility
Having Sony just admitting an issue, doesn't mean it's fixed. I am pretty sure that it takes some time until this is fixed and only with several races proving that it's fixed, we will have this option, so I wouldn't advise to put high hopes on this one.

Last edited:

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
The first things that come to mind from the things I mentioned before; what about recording and 100% races? The majority of the players seemed fine with this...

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
The first things that come to mind from the things I mentioned before; what about recording and 100% races? The majority of the players seemed fine with this...
Highly recommended but not mandatory. It causes more problems than it solves if it's mandatory. The people who wants to record can happily do that as well.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
@Desimpele I don't think we will ever see 100% races in AOR. I did and still race in some other leagues where the distance is at 100% and believe me, it's a drag and get's at times very annoying. Only on rare occasions this distance was enjoyable.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I don't see what kind of issues recording causes and I race in a league with 100% myself, I find it more enjoyable, it's more real and the racing is actually closer but in a different way. the tyres stay the same for longer and the stints are longer which makes for closer racing for longer.

Thanks for the answers anyway.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I don't see what kind of issues recording causes and I race in a league with 100% myself, I find it more enjoyable, it's more real and the racing is actually closer but in a different way. the tyres stay the same for longer and the stints are longer which makes for closer racing for longer.

Thanks for the answers anyway.
I would also like to do 100% races but remember that there are 15 races with probably 60ish drivers across all platforms that must have the time and are willing to do this. For a normal AOR season that will never happen, however it might be a possibility for like a social race, or maybe a social league or something like that. For this season we will stay with 50% as normal.

F1exy

Junior Karter
Feb 1, 2016
If there are enough sign-ups, how are you going to decide who needs to be in the higher tier en who in the lower?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
100% races? No thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: DrCarter33

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Ignore what I said before :whistle:.
Why do people care about your controller input to the point you have to putit in your sign-up btw?

Last edited:

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016
Jake, 15. Looking to join this league, but unsure because I don't think I'd be good enough. I have never done league racing but done a lot of racing in f1 games.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Jake, 15. Looking to join this league, but unsure because I don't think I'd be good enough. I have never done league racing but done a lot of racing in f1 games.
I'm sure you're better than me, and I'm joining!

I would join a social, ot just ask if you coulld do a 3 lap race against someone better than me! that should help! :) I'd say always sign up, even ifyou're a backmarker (like me) it's still really fun.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
I thought the time trial was only for new people but could be wrong? Thought I read something like that back in PS3 days when I first signed up but doesn't really matter anyway.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
do i have to post a screenshot of my TT times? i'd rather it not look like I was completely sandbagging to get into the lower tier to win some races. ;)