PS4 - F1 2016 - 50% Race @ Hungary - 23/6/2017 - 20:00 (BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 2016 - 50% Race @ Hungary - 23/6/2017 - 20:00 (BST)

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
In qualy I saw a couple cars lagging, so I decided just to stay on the grid for about 15 seconds while everyone got away, didn't work as even though I did wait I still got hit by a recovering lagging car in S2 and that was on still lap 1.o_O

Once I recovered I still drove the first stint and was content enough overall, so had a bit of fun and bolted on a fresh set of SS tried to set the FL, but came up one tenth short at the time and I left before halfway as I wanted to watch the FR2.0.

Looks like I did the right thing considering the whole lobby dsc'ed it seems, but something I noticed was while in the lobby (pre-qualy), seeing a lot of different national flags and 1 red bar out of 5 for some of them (obviously can't be helped), but had the feeling there was going to be some lag issues. (I had green 4 out of 5 and the host @DemoN F1 had 5 out of 5 on my screen)

Will say probably was a good thing damage was off, otherwise there would have been a fair few retirements in the opening laps.
On my screen, the whole lobby had a 1 bar connection. The connections would occasionally flicker to 2-3 bars but damn, lap 7 was a nightmare. I found myself inside @Nexus1011's Manor then @F1_Dan teleported from outta nowhere and speared me into the wall. I retired because that sort of lag just isn't enjoyable to deal with

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
On my screen, the whole lobby had a 1 bar connection. The connections would occasionally flicker to 2-3 bars but damn, lap 7 was a nightmare. I found myself inside @Nexus1011's Manor then @F1_Dan teleported from outta nowhere and speared me into the wall. I retired because that sort of lag just isn't enjoyable to deal with
Oh yes you were lagging at one point just ahead of me and then just completely disappeared xD Back when I league raced on Fridays PSN would glitch out a bit with all the traffic, so that is probably the issue here. Everything should be dandy for Sunday.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oh yes you were lagging at one point just ahead of me and then just completely disappeared xD Back when I league raced on Fridays PSN would glitch out a bit with all the traffic, so that is probably the issue here. Everything should be dandy for Sunday.
I hope so. After disconnecting 5 times at Silverstone, I could do with a clean race

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
I hope so. After disconnecting 5 times at Silverstone, I could do with a clean race
No promises for your host, but that is the first time I've ever seen major lag on my host. It's very stable, and is very playable for people from the UK on poor connections. Might be due to the amount of people from further afield that caused the lag, but I doubt it.

• Informative
Reactions: DON SILVA

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
the 2nd time we came across was aggressive but fair in my opinion. the first time was a straight up dick move and I intentionally waited to move. Now that said, as we don't race much, I am aggressive and squeeze all the time so late in the race wasn't exactly special treatment. As for the faster car thing, don't let the tyre difference fool you, I was 20 seconds down by the end of the first lap before even getting into the traffic
I have no issue with being aggressive, or the second move even... I'd have probably done the same sort of squeeze... but the general behaviour, like the first move in particular and the whole childish act on here after we all got booted as a result of something neither of us evidently had control over is not really on is it???

As for the faster car thing, I'm not entirely wrong on that front... you can argue the lag contact all you like but, I was the faster car at the time. I caught up, overtook you... eventually, and would've started to pull away had the lobby not busted.

But it's all neither here nor there... it's happened, we've said our pieces, now let's move on shall we (y)

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I have no issue with being aggressive, or the second move even... I'd have probably done the same sort of squeeze... but the general behaviour, like the first move in particular and the whole childish act on here after we all got booted as a result of something neither of us evidently had control over is not really on is it???

As for the faster car thing, I'm not entirely wrong on that front... you can argue the lag contact all you like but, I was the faster car at the time. I caught up, overtook you... eventually, and would've started to pull away had the lobby not busted.

But it's all neither here nor there... it's happened, we've said our pieces, now let's move on shall we (y)
I'm over the incident. **** happens on a terrible game. I disagree you were quicker in the race, the tyre difference and me being way out of position after the first lap had a lot to do with that

• Optimistic
Reactions: DemoN

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
I disagree you were quicker in the race
No no, not the race... in fact, I was quite poor at times tonight, but at that particular point in time, I was the faster car.
It doesn't matter now... c'est la vie, as they say :lol:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
No no, not the race... in fact, I was quite poor at times tonight, but at that particular point in time, I was the faster car.
Yeah at the end you had an advantage on the better tyres. I was pushing as hard as I could to stay with you right before we disconnected

Reactions: Bankai_Bullett

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Yeah at the end you had an advantage on the better tyres. I was pushing as hard as I could to stay with you right before we disconnected
After reading through your pov's this came to mind;):
(substitute Peter for Bankai and Lois for Bcolt)
So was that an admission that Bankai was right, by Bcolt of all people! - Holy **** stop the presses we must spread this earth shattering news!:woot::woot:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
After reading through your pov's this came to mind;):
(substitute Peter for Bankai and Lois for Bcolt)
So was that an admission that Bankai was right, by Bcolt of all people! - Holy **** stop the presses we must spread this earth shattering news!:woot::woot:
we were initially talking about different things. I was referring to the whole race, he was talking about the specific point at the very end of the race on tyres much fresher than mine

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
we were initially talking about different things. I was referring to the whole race, he was talking about the specific point at the very end of the race on tyres much fresher than mine
The only thing I will say is regardless of tyre wear, by definition if the car behind you is catching you, then they are faster then you.;):p

• Agree
Reactions: DON SILVA