PC - F1 2016 - 50% Race @ Japan - 29/07/2017 - 20:00 (GMT) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F1 2016 - 50% Race @ Japan - 29/07/2017 - 20:00 (GMT)

Caffa

S13 AOR PC Split 4 Champion
Mar 25, 2017
best race ive ever had on this game was full of action i loved it although the yellow flag on the drs straight made it hard to overtake. last few laps were great too

Reactions: KurvZ and H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Sorry guys, I lost connection to Steam just before the formation lap, so it might broke the session :( Sorry guys. I couldn't even join back because I couldn't choose my car, funnily enough it was sideways in the DRS straight..

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Nice close racing in the last laps. Great defending from @KurvZ. Enjoyed the race.

@Qélon what happened in turn 1? Did I not see you or did I brake too early?
I'm sorry if it was my mistake.

Reactions: KurvZ

Westyy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 10, 2016
Was a fun race had a good battle with @Ely' at the end, I went with wrong strategy in the end by doing a 2 stop. Also shame a lapped car blocked me which then caused me to losing my wing and got a time penalty which lost me my 2nd place lol.

Reactions: KurvZ and t0mzz

t0mzz

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Great race for me overall! (y) Qualified 9th on the grid and got a very good start off the grid - overtook @R.A.J. and @ChokDK before turn 1 and gained another two positions due to the incident between @Qélon and @Metten at the first corner. Was running in P5 during lap 1 and got up to 4th after @Mr. Biggles slowed down at the exit of 130R which even allowed me to try to overtake @StefanWylde at the chicane but I didn't manage to make the move stick so I just kept P4 behind the Ferrari.

Then, it was a battle between me and @StefanWylde until our wheels got too close on lap 6 and I spun at Spoon. Was my fault tbh, I shouldn't have tried to pass you round the inside, should've waited for the next straight to try to overtake you. Lost 2 places during the spin and I rejoined the track in P6 behind @Mr. Biggles who I passed just after the spin at the exit of 130R.

Pitted on lap 10 for fresh hards just behind @N1kmido who I managed to catch a few laps before my pitstop. Rejoined in 8th and gained two positions at the end of lap 11 because of @N1kmido pitting only one lap after his last pistop (due to a drive-through penalty I suppose) and the incident between @Metten and @StefanWylde. Once again, it was another battle between me and @StefanWylde for 3rd place. I couldn't find a way to pass him until he went wide at the hairpin which allowed to get up to 3rd.

A few laps later, @Westyy went into the pits for a set of hards which promoted me to P2 but @Westyy would eventually catch up to me very quickly with his much fresher tyres to overtake me on lap 22 at turn 1 (brilliant move btw). After that, I didn't find a way to overtake him, but I could still follow him and stay close to him at the finish line. Finished 3rd but got up to 2nd because of @Westyy's 3-second time penalty.

Was a fun race with good battles! :) Good luck to you guys for tomorrow and cya on the track! (y)

Here's a cool souvenir picture :p
Westyy Close Call.JPG

Last edited:

Qélon

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
Nice close racing in the last laps. Great defending from @KurvZ. Enjoyed the race.

@Qélon what happened in turn 1? Did I not see you or did I brake too early?
I'm sorry if it was my mistake.
I was on the outside and you ran a bit wide. Then our sidepods touched and the game did the rest and I lost some parts of my front wing. I think I could've given you more space but I didn't record so I cant really tell. Luckily it was only the social and not the actual race:D @Metten

• Agree
Reactions: Metten

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Very frustrating race. Qualified 11th as I was too late to change onto inters at the end of qualy. Started on hard tyres and made some overtakes to move up to 7th in the first couple of laps, but then had an incident with @Mr. Biggles going into the chicane which put me in the wall with no front wing and a puncture. I felt like Biggles moved in the braking zone (from the middle onto the racing line) which isn't really something you should do with cars close around you, but at the same time I also put my nose in an unnecessary place which was stupid in hindsight.

Then I was miles away at the back by myself, did 8 fast laps in clean air on softs to get myself back towards the pack before pitting for hards on lap 11. Overtook @ChokDK after the stop as he ran wide out of Spoon, then caught @Metten and overtook him out of Dunlop. Then I caught up to @KurvZ with about 10 laps to go, which turned this race into one of my most frustrating for a while as I couldn't get past. Couldn't make the move on the main straight due to the yellow flag, and couldn't make the move on the back straight as I didn't have any slipstream, and as he never made any mistakes I didn't get a proper run elsewhere either - until I suddenly got a run into Degner 1, on the outside, which didn't end well (gravel). That dropped me behind @Metten again with a couple of laps to go, and instead of going back on the attack I had to defend on the final lap from @Caffa who seemingly still had slipstream and briefly passed me into 130R, but I fought back and managed to just about hold on to 6th (see vid!).

Felt like my pace was decent in clean air, but didn't get many laps to show that. Ah well. Cheers for the race.

Caffa

S13 AOR PC Split 4 Champion
Mar 25, 2017
Very frustrating race. Qualified 11th as I was too late to change onto inters at the end of qualy. Started on hard tyres and made some overtakes to move up to 7th in the first couple of laps, but then had an incident with @Mr. Biggles going into the chicane which put me in the wall with no front wing and a puncture. I felt like Biggles moved in the braking zone (from the middle onto the racing line) which isn't really something you should do with cars close around you, but at the same time I also put my nose in an unnecessary place which was stupid in hindsight.

Then I was miles away at the back by myself, did 8 fast laps in clean air on softs to get myself back towards the pack before pitting for hards on lap 11. Overtook @ChokDK after the stop as he ran wide out of Spoon, then caught @Metten and overtook him out of Dunlop. Then I caught up to @KurvZ with about 10 laps to go, which turned this race into one of my most frustrating for a while as I couldn't get past. Couldn't make the move on the main straight due to the yellow flag, and couldn't make the move on the back straight as I didn't have any slipstream, and as he never made any mistakes I didn't get a proper run elsewhere either - until I suddenly got a run into Degner 1, on the outside, which didn't end well (gravel). That dropped me behind @Metten again with a couple of laps to go, and instead of going back on the attack I had to defend on the final lap from @Caffa who seemingly still had slipstream and briefly passed me into 130R, but I fought back and managed to just about hold on to 6th (see vid!).

Felt like my pace was decent in clean air, but didn't get many laps to show that. Ah well. Cheers for the race.

I ran out of fuel just before the final two corners hahah that was so fun

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
what makes the slipstream break btw is it just a glitch with the game?
Yeah I think it can happen when someone disconnects from the session. Seems random which drivers get affected.

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Yeah I think it can happen when someone disconnects from the session. Seems random which drivers get affected.
Yes I agree this is the most logical reason. I feel like it mostly happens when a new host is found due to a disconnection of the old host. Had no slipstream too which made it hard to pass someone.

• Agree
Reactions: t0mzz

Mr. Biggles

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 25, 2017

I didn't even notice. No contact at all for me, didnt even notice that you where no longer behind until the start of the S section