PS4 - F1 2016 - 50% race @ Malaysia - 16/7/17 - 8pm (BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 2016 - 50% race @ Malaysia - 16/7/17 - 8pm (BST)

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Jthorn and I then got minced by a @Bankai_Bullett signature move
Signature move? Not really... Mine is that I tend to go around the outside.
You're blaming me because I got a flick of oversteer off the exit curb and you, from what I saw in my mirror, didn't even attempt to slow down or avoid it, thereby driving into me... again lol

My race was f*cked from the get go anyway.
Because my game froze (GG Codies), I started from the back... and got a lag start, which was easy enough to deal with. I don't know why those that get lag starts, can't just stop and wait... it boggles me.
On top of that, I thought it would rain for at least half the race, so I added downforce. Not great, because then it dried up and my straight-line speed was laughable.... GREAT in the corners though.
Then I got damage to my wing because @GuytheGuy17 attempted some sort of move onto Tony in the Force India (Who's defending was a little questionable at times), and spun but didn't ghost, so I got damage despite trying to avoid it.

After that, I pitted a lap early for a new wing and the worn set of Mediums I had planned on qualifying on. Came back out and basically battled @GuytheGuy17 and Toni for the rest of the race.
Passed a VERY slow RedBull at the last corner for 6th (From 16th)... who was that and what happened???

Well done to the podium sitters.
This race, despite the wonky moments today, just reinforces the fact that IT should've been on the calendar instead of Monaco or Canada.

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
@Bankai_Bullett just teasing mate. I tried to avoid you but it's kinda hard to avoid swerving cars. Though if you're going to say that I was the one that drove into you in Germany I'll roll my eyes from here to Brazil. Agreed on saying that this track should've been on the calendar, ahead of any of the chosen ones tbh.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
@Bankai_Bullett just teasing mate. I tried to avoid you but it's kinda hard to avoid swerving cars. Though if you're going to say that I was the one that drove into you in Germany I'll roll my eyes from here to Brazil. Agreed on saying that this track should've been on the calendar, ahead of any of the chosen ones tbh.
In fairness, you did drive into me in Germany... that's what spun me into the wall lol
I'd have been alright without that contact :whistle:

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
Passed a VERY slow RedBull at the last corner for 6th (From 16th)... who was that and what happened???
That was probably MichaelAngelo with a puncture, if you think it was annoying I was a foot behind him when it happened and plowed straight into him :p

Curly

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
In fairness, you did drive into me in Germany... that's what spun me into the wall lol
I'd have been alright without that contact :whistle:
I drove into you in the same way that a pin hits a bowling ball :p

If there wasn't ghosting you definitely would've had a strike with that one.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
That was probably MichaelAngelo with a puncture, if you think it was annoying I was a foot behind him when it happened and plowed straight into him :p
Nah not annoying... I blitzed passed him lol
I drove into you in the same way that a pin hits a bowling ball :p

If there wasn't ghosting you definitely would've had a strike with that one.
I figured.
#InvincibleRearofTheCar FTW! :hilarious:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
P4 - I'll happily take that.:)
Yeah obviously it wasn't ideal having a random (Tony) appear out of nowhere but he certainly made my race interesting at the start, had a lot of fun fair battles in the wet and there was on instance a few laps in where I was in the middle of 3 wide heading down to T1 with @declan and that Tony guy, I back out and after T2 I was back in front of the pair of them.:lol:

Still the inter conditions didn't suit me but I was always battling in those opening laps I never got the chance to find out if I had decent pace.

Once it got dry my car felt better (unsurprisingly) however it didn't feel to good I was running around top 10 and the SC came out and decided to pit again, after the restart narrowly avoided Thorn and Curly's spun out cars on the straight and actually touched the inside wall thankfully no damage.:angelic:

I decided early on to try and make it to the end and it was literal hell, to often my car would want to either not to turn in or wanted to spin out I lost a lot of seconds because of this, anyway once the leaders started pitting I didn't make life hard for when they caught me as I was still looking after my tyres.

As it got to the last laps I was in 5th and trying to keep @Rashad Brathwaite at bay but then on the final lap we caught @michaelangelo53 who had a puncture (I guess) and as I was going passed him Rashad disappeared from behind me, I hoped I hadn't hit him (and as it turned out he told me he spun himself) this allowed me to take the last few corners easy and claim a very respectable 4th.

Overall can't complain definitely a lot higher result then I thought I would get and overall a lot of fun tonight, what I'll do is post the full qualy results and race results a bit later.
Anyway congrats to F2's @Ollie_D631 on the win and @SolidNinjaSnake & @Klayyyyyy for there podiums, also just want to add I think SNS deserves extra praise since he is an F4 driver incredible performance!

This race, despite the wonky moments today, just reinforces the fact that IT should've been on the calendar instead of Monaco or Canada.
Yeah I can understand Canada to extent, but Monaco should never been on the calendar at least Malaysia is fair to all and allows proper battles.

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Some of the battling with that Tony guy, whoever he was. I've got footage of where @GuytheGuy17 had a collision with him included and the battling I had with him, including my lunge attempt that was way too rash, late and went wrong, thought the car was going to turn a bit more violently than it did and then not sure if the Force India braked earlier or if I slightly missed the braking point :/ Also turn 1 not long before the crash was some Verstappen-esque defending (y) How wide do you need to go when I gave plenty of room!

Also, ignore some of what I say. Me, elite and @Curly saying random crap as usual, and also stuff like when I thought the Force India made 2 moves when defending somewhere but it was the effect of my onboard camera doing that.

Reactions: Ollie_D631

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
I made it to the line with 3 seconds to go due to having to let other cars past on their hot laps. Managed to qualify in a poor 11th place.

Race
Race went brilliant for me! Better than I was expecting! From the start I went to brake early for T1 but I either didn't brake hard enough or others ahead braked that much sooner, so I had to cautiously go down the inside of @Rashad Brathwaite. Thankfully no contact was made and thanks to another incident that happened as well I believe, I went from P11 to P6 by T3!

I was really happy to see I could keep up with others in the wet conditions and was dreading when the race was going to turn dry based on the forecast. Eventually into the opening of the race, my teammate for the race @Curly started going slow and holding us all up so I expected they must have damaged their front wing somehow. I did pass eventually to get to the front of this pack but I lit the rear wheels up on the final corner which let 3 or 4 cars by haha... I dropped down to 7th from this. Was really crazy these few laps with like 5 or 6 of us all battling each other for 2nd and 3rd haha.

Pitted for Hards on Lap 6 and was up into P4 with a fairly decent gap after the car behind me when the safety car came out. I thought this would ruin my great start and have those in higher tiers pass me now that we'll be bunched up again, but that wasn't to be. On the restart there seemed to be an incident further back which may be one of the reasons why.

From the restart I had @Rashad Brathwaite on my rear the WHOLE TIME, I couldn't shake him at all! Those ahead were pulling away very marginally each lap. I did however manage to get a gap to Rashad of at least a second so he didn't have DRS anymore, but he did get back into that gap soon after and I really thought he was going to get me at T1 on Lap 21 but I was able to defend and keep the position, which was 2nd at this point due to others pitting which at the time I didn't even notice because I was so focused on the battle with Rashad haha! I thought he'll probably get me the next lap but thankfully he pitted at the end of Lap 21, where he pitted for Mediums. I pitted next lap for Softs.

I just exited the pits ahead of @Rashad Brathwaite and thought surely I must be able to keep him behind now with me on the quicker tyre, which is what happened. So brilliant battling you man, hope you felt the same way! =)
Next down the road was @Wobbuffet who I was gaining on rapidly and soon passed him on Lap 26. Next up was @Klayyyyyy but I was 5 seconds behind with two laps to go, however on the last lap I found myself catching up with them! Down at T9 a backmarker went sliding off the track to the left and I also found a slow Red Bull of @michaelangelo53 who at the time I thought had run out of fuel, but it turns out they had a puncture! (Coincidentally the same Soft tyre as what was getting punctured in reality at the end of the British Grand Prix haha. =P)
I crossed the line 3rd but thanks to the penalties of Klay I got promoted to 2nd place.

So very happy with how the race went for me! Was nice to be in the same race as those who I raced against back in the Reserves League last season! =) (@Rashad Brathwaite & @Ollie_D631)
Thanks for organising the race @Wobbuffet! Not sure if there'll be another this season but it was nice to get a podium both here and at the last one at Azerbaijan. =)

Overall can't complain definitely a lot higher result then I thought I would get and overall a lot of fun tonight, what I'll do is post the full qualy results and race results a bit later.
Anyway congrats to F2's @Ollie_D631 on the win and @SolidNinjaSnake & @Klayyyyyy for there podiums, also just want to add I think SNS deserves extra praise since he is an F4 driver incredible performance!
Thanks for the kind words man! =)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I know some of you are wandering who Tony523 is. He is TheF1Gamer who has 900 + subs on youtube and is a friend of mine.
Ah so that explains the mystery oh well what's done is done.
The name of that vid Lee - I did agree with it but then you plowed into the back of him, I think that's more questionable then his over-zealous defending.;)

Reactions: Ollie_D631

leedamastr

F1 Test Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Great race and happy to win. Had some great battling and thanks to @Wobbuffet for organizing the race. I know some of you are wandering who Tony523 is. He is TheF1Gamer who has 900 + subs on youtube and is a friend of mine. Great to battle with @michaelangelo53 and others!
Can you please send him my apologies for accidentally crashing him off. Tried to apologise over PSN but his settings didn't allow me to send a message to him.
[DOUBLEPOST=1500242016][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah so that explains the mystery oh well what's done is done.

The name of that vid Lee - I did agree with it but then you plowed into the back of him, I think that's more questionable then his over-zealous defending.;)
It was a heat of the moment/desperation 'lunge' attempt that didn't happen as I expected :/ If that slipstream glitch didn't happen then i wouldn't have been forced to try such "ambitious" moves lol. Normally I don't do those kind of divebomb moves in league races unless I know I can pull off the move. With a social it's a bit more relaxed but I admit I may have gone over the boundary with my 'driving' on this occasion.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 24, 2016
Great race and happy to win. Had some great battling and thanks to @Wobbuffet for organizing the race. I know some of you are wandering who Tony523 is. He is TheF1Gamer who has 900 + subs on youtube and is a friend of mine. Great to battle with @michaelangelo53 and others!
Oh that's who that was!
From the restart I had @Rashad Brathwaite on my rear the WHOLE TIME, I couldn't shake him at all! Those ahead were pulling away very marginally each lap. I did however manage to get a gap to Rashad of at least a second so he didn't have DRS anymore, but he did get back into that gap soon after and I really thought he was going to get me at T1 on Lap 21 but I was able to defend and keep the position, which was 2nd at this point due to others pitting which at the time I didn't even notice because I was so focused on the battle with Rashad haha! I thought he'll probably get me the next lap but thankfully he pitted at the end of Lap 21, where he pitted for Mediums. I pitted next lap for Softs.
I'ma be honest, I was getting kinda frustrated how consistent you were with me literally right behind you. I sat there hoping you would make some kind of mistake but it never happened.

• Friendly
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

Curly

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Oh yeah what happened to @KaneIyanda I exited the pits during SC and drove pass his crashed car?!:wtf:
He decided one of the walls was giving him a funny look and picked a fight with it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1500242956][/DOUBLEPOST]@Wobbuffet this should clear things up for you :)