PS4 - F1 2016 All Tier Finale - 50% @ Abu Dhabi - 20/8/17 - 8pm (BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 2016 All Tier Finale - 50% @ Abu Dhabi - 20/8/17 - 8pm (BST)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race Information:

Date: SUNDAY
August 20th
Time: 8pm (UK Time)
Circuit: Yas Marina

Lobby Settings:

Host: @xXVik-StarRxX, SNS (Backup)
Qualifying: Short
Distance: 50 %
Cars: Equal
Weather: Dynamic
Safety Car: On
Parc Ferme: On
Damage: Full
Corner Cutting: Strict
Formation Lap: On
Race Starts: Manual
Time of Day: Official
AI Driver Level: Master

Automatic Gears and Racing Line are ALLOWED

Rest of the assists are not allowed. Normal AOR Rules applied

Cars Taken: 15/22

Tier F1
Mercedes
1. @michaelangelo53
2. @xXVik-StarRxX (Rep. F3)

Manor

Tier F2
Ferrari
1. @Ollie_D631 (C)
2. @Klayyyyyy

Haas

Tier F3
Red Bull
1. @Curly (C)
2. @leedamastr

Toro Rosso
1. @Rashad Brathwaite
2. @Wobbuffet

Tier F4
Williams
1. @SolidNinjaSnake (C)
2. @Pika_Network

Renault
1. @Donks
2. @syluntbob

Tier F5
McLaren
1. @JohnnyR95

Sauber
1. @Hasnain

Assist Tier
Force India
1. @MattDavies2511

Wildcard - Tony523 (friend of Ollie_D631)

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
With the season and this games cycle coming to an end, I thought it would be great to do one last social race but with a difference.

After the Malaysia social which featured drivers from all tiers it gave me an idea - what if there was a special race event at the end of the season that featured drivers from all the tiers but also the championship winning driver from each tier.

After giving it some thought I think I've come up with a format/competition for this race that would not only make it special because it featured all champions but also because it would directly put all tiers together in a one off race, I will say at the end of the day this is suppose to be just for fun but if this takes off I don't see any reason why this can't became an annual end of season race.

Ok the idea for this race is there will be 4 drivers each from F1, F2, F3, F4 & F5.
Collectively they will all score points for there Tier, with the highest combined tier points total 'winning' the competition, it sounds simple enough and it is - as for the points system used this is what I had in mind:

1st - 25pts
2nd - 22
3rd - 20
4th - 18
5th - 16
6th - 15
7th - 14
8th - 13
9th - 12
10th - 11
11th - 10
12th - 9
13th - 8
14th - 7
15th - 6
16th - 5
17th - 4
18th - 3
19th - 2
20th - 1
(I know @Bcolt93 will be pulling his hair out with this;))

But let me explain the reason why all drivers can score points, if a driver retires, quits or unfortunately disconnects they will score 0, it is so there is some form of encouragement to at least finish the race, also potentially just picking up a couple points could be the difference to your tier winning or beating another tier.

Though here will be some leeway with this, if a retirement or disconnect happens on the last lap then they will be classified and will score points.

With sign ups all the champions from F1,2,3,4 & 5 are guaranteed a spot to race in this if they wish and since F1, F3 & F5 champions have already been decided I like to formally invite:
@Aressi191, @Curly & @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii

You don't have to confirm now, since it is over 2 weeks away but it would be great if AOR history could be made.:) (Congrats on your championships by the way guys(y))

As for the other seats it is first come first served from your respective tier, with team choice I have decided to try and make it Tier based so it makes sense (to me at least) to pair certain teams up and make them correspond to a tier so F1 for example have Mercedes and Manor, F2 Ferrari & Haas F3 Red Bull & Toro Rosso etc with F5 they'll have free choice of the 3 remaining teams. (Though there 4 drivers will have to be together in 2 teams only)

With the spare team depending on what @alexukr and @HRacingGreen and other PS4 league co-ords think, it could be used to stream the race by @King_Rockhammer (if he is interested in this), personally speaking I think it would be a great chance to showcase not just the strength and depth of our leagues but also be a good advertisement for next season's leagues, by showing we welcome all drivers regardless of how fast they are. (as long as they race clean off course)

I'm also tagging @FisiFan91 PC F1 tier co-ord & @Finch XB1 F1 tier co-ord for this, I hope you don't mind but I thought I make you both aware of this just incase you think this is a race/idea you like to see/do for your own platforms as well, and I looked and noticed you have 4 tiers obviously you'll probably have your own ideas, but making it 5 drivers from each tier would be the simplest thing to do, if you were to do this on PC and XB1.

Lastly for the PS4 Assist drivers who may see this and wonder why they have not been invited, its unfortunately comes down to numbers with 5 tiers already adding the assist tier would make it 6 and reduce the field to 18 (to keep tier numbers even) also adding into the fact that this race won't allow the assists you guys normally use, I felt it was for the best not to include the Assist tier sorry.:(

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'm in. Put my ass in a Merc.
Your way to quick off the mark Bankai,:hilarious: saying that I did take a while to write my idea for this race.

But with that being said Red Bull or Toro Rosso?
(Merc's are reserved for F1 drivers.;))

Though if majority of people really want to drive any car they want and mess up the team structure then I might allow it, just makes it a bit of a pain in the ass when tallying points at the end of the race.

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
I may be able to take one of the Spots for F5, will be able to confirm when I get work rotas come through :)

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

alexukr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
With the season and this games cycle coming to an end, I thought it would be great to do one last social race but with a difference.

After the Malaysia social which featured drivers from all tiers it gave me an idea - what if there was a special race event at the end of the season that featured drivers from all the tiers but also the championship winning driver from each tier.

After giving it some thought I think I've come up with a format/competition for this race that would not only make it special because it featured all champions but also because it would directly put all tiers together in a one off race, I will say at the end of the day this is suppose to be just for fun but if this takes off I don't see any reason why this can't became an annual end of season race.

Ok the idea for this race is there will be 4 drivers each from F1, F2, F3, F4 & F5.
Collectively they will all score points for there Tier, with the highest combined tier points total 'winning' the competition, it sounds simple enough and it is - as for the points system used this is what I had in mind:

1st - 25pts
2nd - 22
3rd - 20
4th - 18
5th - 16
6th - 15
7th - 14
8th - 13
9th - 12
10th - 11
11th - 10
12th - 9
13th - 8
14th - 7
15th - 6
16th - 5
17th - 4
18th - 3
19th - 2
20th - 1
(I know @Bcolt93 will be pulling his hair out with this;))

But let me explain the reason why all drivers can score points, if a driver retires, quits or unfortunately disconnects they will score 0, it is so there is some form of encouragement to at least finish the race, also potentially just picking up a couple points could be the difference to your tier winning or beating another tier.

Though here will be some leeway with this, if a retirement or disconnect happens on the last lap then they will be classified and will score points.

With sign ups all the champions from F1,2,3,4 & 5 are guaranteed a spot to race in this if they wish and since F1, F3 & F5 champions have already been decided I like to formally invite:
@Aressi191, @Curly & @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii

You don't have to confirm now, since it is over 2 weeks away but it would be great if AOR history could be made.:) (Congrats on your championships by the way guys(y))

As for the other seats it is first come first served from your respective tier, with team choice I have decided to try and make it Tier based so it makes sense (to me at least) to pair certain teams up and make them correspond to a tier so F1 for example have Mercedes and Manor, F2 Ferrari & Haas F3 Red Bull & Toro Rosso etc with F5 they'll have free choice of the 3 remaining teams. (Though there 4 drivers will have to be together in 2 teams only)

With the spare team depending on what @alexukr and @HRacingGreen and other PS4 league co-ords think, it could be used to stream the race by @King_Rockhammer (if he is interested in this), personally speaking I think it would be a great chance to showcase not just the strength and depth of our leagues but also be a good advertisement for next season's leagues, by showing we welcome all drivers regardless of how fast they are. (as long as they race clean off course)

I'm also tagging @FisiFan91 PC F1 tier co-ord & @Finch XB1 F1 tier co-ord for this, I hope you don't mind but I thought I make you both aware of this just incase you think this is a race/idea you like to see/do for your own platforms as well, and I looked and noticed you have 4 tiers obviously you'll probably have your own ideas, but making it 5 drivers from each tier would be the simplest thing to do, if you were to do this on PC and XB1.

Lastly for the PS4 Assist drivers who may see this and wonder why they have not been invited, its unfortunately comes down to numbers with 5 tiers already adding the assist tier would make it 6 and reduce the field to 18 (to keep tier numbers even) also adding into the fact that this race won't allow the assists you guys normally use, I felt it was for the best not to include the Assist tier sorry.:(
even though it is a pretty good idea i think most ppl are now in the state the they wanna put F1 2016 as fast as posssible to the grave and i am really doubting that any sort of multi-race format will gauge any interest.

A standalone end of the season social can be obv. done but again all on a volunteeranly basis and i don't think that in this time of the game's lifecyle an organized format will have any sort of sucess, maybe sth can be planned after S14 on F1 2017, but now i would put this to hold.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
I should be able to join in with this, so count me in please! =)
I'll take a Williams.

Edit: Or should the team structure thing not take place, then McLaren please. =)

Last edited:
  • Informative

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
even though it is a pretty good idea i think most ppl are now in the state the they wanna put F1 2016 as fast as posssible to the grave and i am really doubting that any sort of multi-race format will gauge any interest.

A standalone end of the season social can be obv. done but again all on a volunteeranly basis and i don't think that in this time of the game's lifecyle an organized format will have any sort of sucess, maybe sth can be planned after S14 on F1 2017, but now i would put this to hold.
It only needs 4 people from each tier so I'd give it a chance :)

• Agree