PS4 - F1 2016 All Tier Finale - 50% @ Abu Dhabi - 20/8/17 - 8pm (BST) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 2016 All Tier Finale - 50% @ Abu Dhabi - 20/8/17 - 8pm (BST)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Ok my race report: DSC
I had a decent first half the race I had started on Softs and made my way upto 11th and was having a good fun battle with @Hasnain, I did indeed hit the barrier and slightly damaged right side of my wing it was only minor damage though, (light green) it didn't seem to effect me to much. I then made my first stop at lap 10 for SS and came out behind @Pika_Network (who pitted same lap as me) & @SolidNinjaSnake who were both on Softs. I believed SNS was on old softs and I got past him at the first drs zone then a lap later I caught and passed Pika.

I was in 9th and was quite happy with things but then a lap later the SC come out and for me it was at the worst time, and it caused my race to turn into a disaster, as I crossed the start/finish line while under SC I foolishly thought it was time to catch the SC, however I still had a delta I literally realised just before T2 and came to a stop but I was just red as the timer reached and picked up a drive through penalty.:banghead:

It was my own fault, but normally you can catch the SC at normal speed once you cross the start finish line, but it didn't happen on this occasion. So I knew my race was ruined at this point and I decided to deliberately brake my front wing properly to get it a new one and went for a aggressive strategy by taking fresh US. (as I couldn't get to the end on SS at the end of the SC period) I was pretty much cast adrift in last after doing my drive through and then pitting with 8 laps to go for SS.

I was catching JohnnyR pretty quickly for the next few laps but then he pitted and I was upto 13th, and then on lap 26 I heard that Vik had broken his wing and expected to jump up to 12th however going down the first drs straight my internet decided to give up the ghost and I got disconnected, while it came back on I was just hoping to get back in time to at least drive the last lap and finish the race, I did get back in the session on the last lap and the instant I pressed the button to retake control of my car the game instantly disqualified me.o_O:wtf: I don't why since I only had 3 seconds of time penalties but obviously the game didn't want me back in the race just to finish.

It was a very disappointing end but it I could see the irony considering how my race went from good to bad (pen under sc) to disaster (disconnected) and finally into a nightmare. (can't even finish)

This obviously wasn't the way I wanted to end my AOR F1 days for now, but unfortunately these things can happen and last night was one of those occasions. But I won't let this detract from probably some of the best racing I've experience here (in AOR) over the past 12 months so there are plenty of positives to take.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Ok my race report: DSC
I had a decent first half the race I had started on Softs and made my way upto 11th and was having a good fun battle with @Hasnain, I did indeed hit the barrier and slightly damaged right side of my wing it was only minor damage though, (light green) it didn't seem to effect me to much. I then made my first stop at lap 10 for SS and came out behind @Pika_Network (who pitted same lap as me) & @SolidNinjaSnake who were both on Softs. I believed SNS was on old softs and I got past him at the first drs zone then a lap later I caught and passed Pika.

I was in 9th and was quite happy with things but then a lap later the SC come out and for me it was at the worst time, and it caused my race to turn into a disaster, as I crossed the start/finish line while under SC I foolishly thought it was time to catch the SC, however I still had a delta I literally realised just before T2 and came to a stop but I was just red as the timer reached and picked up a drive through penalty.:banghead:

It was my own fault, but normally you can catch the SC at normal speed once you cross the start finish line, but it didn't happen on this occasion. So I knew my race was ruined at this point and I decided to deliberately brake my front wing properly to get it a new one and went for a aggressive strategy by taking fresh US. (as I couldn't get to the end on SS at the end of the SC period) I was pretty much cast adrift in last after doing my drive through and then pitting with 8 laps to go for SS.

I was catching JohnnyR pretty quickly for the next few laps but then he pitted and I was upto 13th, and then on lap 26 I heard that Vik had broken his wing and expected to jump up to 12th however going down the first drs straight my internet decided to give up the ghost and I got disconnected, while it came back on I was just hoping to get back in time to at least drive the last lap and finish the race, I did get back in the session on the last lap and the instant I pressed the button to retake control of my car the game instantly disqualified me.o_O:wtf: I don't why since I only had 3 seconds of time penalties but obviously the game didn't want me back in the race just to finish.

It was a very disappointing end but it I could see the irony considering how my race went from good to bad (pen under sc) to disaster (disconnected) and finally into a nightmare. (can't even finish)

This obviously wasn't the way I wanted to end my AOR F1 days for now, but unfortunately these things can happen and last night was one of those occasions. But I won't let this detract from probably some of the best racing I've experience here (in AOR) over the past 12 months so there are plenty of positives to take.
Yeah it was a nice battle. I think the delta only goes away if it's positive as you cross he line. If it's negative it'll only go away once you make it positive.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
As for the format I feel it went reasonably well for a first attempt, I definitely think a format like this can be use at the end of seasons and become a regular thing. I think a change I should have done was do a 2x multiplier for points scored by F4 & F5 drivers as it would have made the tier scoring closer, however I think @SolidNinjaSnake 's performance at Malaysia made me believe that F4 & F5 could also be a factor for the overall last night, but I suppose the race results went along with the tiers in general.

But either way I think a lot has been learnt from this, but if for whatever reason the co-ords don't decide to try this after S14, then I will set this up again myself. (however I won't be racing)

Though onto a more serious thing regarding Tony incidents mentioned by @JohnnyR95 @Hasnain, I'm disappointed to see he didn't properly behave himself @Ollie_D631 not just because of certain move on others, I can understand people wanting to try and pass one another but a couple of Tony attempted overtakes were poor, but what he did to Hasnain especially was bang out of order.:finger:

I'm sorry Ollie but I think driving like that by Tony is indefensible theres no doubting he's quick but what he has done there has no place in AOR or in online racing in general, if he ever signs up here I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one pointing to that incident as a reason why he shouldn't be allowed to race here, and as far as I'm concerned he should be automatically blacklisted from this site. (i.e: never allowed to join)

Ollie I will say to you that I know its not your fault as you can't be held responsible for someone else's poor behaviour, at the end of the day I let him race and it seems I made the wrong decision so can only I apologise to those effected by tony's moronic driving.(n)

And even though it doesn't change anything, I have decided to disqualify Tony from the race, when I was posting the results I hadn't seen the incident between him and Hasnain, but after seeing that a DSQ is the only punishment that is fair for Tony, he is stripped of 7th and placed last.
Also that incident by him caused the SC looks like.:mad:

Last edited:

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
As for the format I feel it went reasonably well for a first attempt, I definitely think a format like this can be use at the end of seasons and become a regular thing. I think a change I should have done was do a 2x multiplier for points scored by F4 & F5 drivers as it would have made the tier scoring closer, however I think @SolidNinjaSnake 's performance at Malaysia made me believe that F4 & F5 could also be a factor for the overall last night, but I suppose the race results went along with the tiers in general.

But either way I think a lot has been learnt from this, but if for whatever reason the co-ords don't decide to try this after S14, then I will set this up again myself. (however I won't be racing)

Though onto a more serious thing regarding Tony incidents mentioned by @JohnnyR95 @Hasnain, I'm disappointed to see he didn't properly behave himself @Ollie_D631 not just because of certain move on others, I can understand people wanting to try and pass one another but a couple of Tony attempted overtakes were poor, but what he did to Hasnain especially was bang out of order.:finger:

I'm sorry Ollie but I think driving like that by Tony is indefensible theres no doubting he's quick but what he has done there has no place in AOR or in online racing in general, if he ever signs up here I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one pointing to that incident as a reason why he shouldn't be allowed to race here, and as far as I'm concerned he should be automatically blacklisted from this site. (i.e: never allowed to join)

Ollie I will say to you that I know its not your fault as you can't be held responsible for someone else's poor behaviour, at the end of the day I let him race and it seems I made the wrong decision so can only I apologise to those effected by tony's moronic driving.(n)

And even though it doesn't change anything, I have decided to disqualify Tony from the race, when I was posting the results I hadn't seen the incident between him and Hasnain, but after seeing that a DSQ is the only punishment that is fair for Tony, he is stripped of 7th and placed last.
Also that incident by him caused the SC looks like.:mad:
I did tell him to drive on his best behavior and i agree it was out of order. I apologize to anyone affected on his behalf.