F1 2017 - Wheel Settings | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 2017 - Wheel Settings

Rf1racer

Junior Karter
Dec 9, 2017
I only have the CSL elite and not the F1 rim. Don't know if the builtin vibration motors in the wheel works with F1 2017. Is it?

Settings I use: View attachment 33621 View attachment 33622 [/QUOTE

Wow that almost defeats the purpose of the wheel for me then, without the vibrations. Do you by any chance know which brand would be best for f12017 then? (E.g Thrustmaster or Logitech?)
And thanks for your reply btw

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
@Rf1racer How do you mean without the vibrations? The wheel base has the vibrations, and also the F1 wheel has two extra motors in the wheel itself.
Vibrations are good for me with the Fanatec CSL.

I had the thrustmaster T300 and the Fanatec is way better.

Rf1racer

Junior Karter
Dec 9, 2017
The thing is that I was expecting to feel the same kind of vibration on the csl and F1 rim that u feel on the pad when you have wheel spin on track but there’s nothing. For example doing donuts with the pad u feel the vibration from the tyres but the rims just have force feedback and no vibrations at all (I hope I’m making sense). Is it that, that’s how wheels are or is it just fanatec? Did your Thrustmaster vibrate when there was too much wheel spin?

Rf1racer

Junior Karter
Dec 9, 2017
The thing is that I was expecting to feel the same kind of vibration on the csl and F1 rim that u feel on the pad when you have wheel spin on track but there’s nothing. For example doing donuts with the pad u feel the vibration from the tyres but the rims just have force feedback and no vibrations at all (I hope I’m making sense). Is it that, that’s how wheels are or is it just fanatec? Did your Thrustmaster vibrate when there was too much wheel spin?
I’m obviously a first time wheel user and it just puts me off not feeling the vibrations like on pad. It makes low speed corners so hard to take.

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
I never used a pad. With F1 2017 only used the Fanatec. I can feel the friction between the tyre and the track (translated into vibrations from the wheel base) if I go to hard into a corner.
You could try Project Cars 2 (demo) and see if it is different.

Andi12

Junior Karter
Dec 9, 2017
Hi everyone,I am new member here.Since today I am using Thrustmaster T150 Pro,just can’t put the car on track,with Pad I was almost at every track in first 3000 at Time Trial.Is really annoying for me.Can somebody help me please,some advices on the wheel settings?

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi everyone,I am new member here.Since today I am using Thrustmaster T150 Pro,just can’t put the car on track,with Pad I was almost at every track in first 3000 at Time Trial.Is really annoying for me.Can somebody help me please,some advices on the wheel settings?
What do you mean with can't put the car on track? Do you spin with applying throttle?
Check if you get 100% input on the pedals when you push it all the way down. Its in the calibration screen. (last picture in the post)

When you switch from controller to a wheel it takes (for me) a few weeks/month to get familiar with it. Keep practicing and day by day you will get beter.
Be polite with the throttle ;)

Andi12

Junior Karter
Dec 9, 2017
Thank you very much for the answer,I will try to copy your wheel settings and see how it goes.It will take time for sure,hope will get better and better.

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Thank you very much for the answer,I will try to copy your wheel settings and see how it goes.It will take time for sure,hope will get better and better.
You could try my settings but those settings are for a Fanatec wheel. You better search the internet for a Thrustmaster 150 settings.
And you will get better and better (y)

saKuuu

Pro Karter
Aug 19, 2017
I just got the fanatec csl elite for PS4 with the club sport formula black wheel and I can’t seem to figure out how to feel vibrations in steering wheel from wheel spin in F12017. It makes it hard to tell when u are about to spin out or when best to go full throttle. Does anyone know how to get vibration in wheel from wheel spin in game?
I think this is just the way it is. I thought I had the same issue with my Logitech G920 but no matter what I tried, I just can't feel tyre slip vibration like you can on the pad. This is very off-putting.

DanH21

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 11, 2017
Hi - just setting up a Fanatec Elite wheel and pedals for my son as an Xmas present (and secretly for me also!). I am using a PS4 and F1 2017 and when I play the game although the wheel is connected and works, none of the lights appear on the wheel and there is no FFB. Can anyone help with this, is there something I’m missing?

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi - just setting up a Fanatec Elite wheel and pedals for my son as an Xmas present (and secretly for me also!). I am using a PS4 and F1 2017 and when I play the game although the wheel is connected and works, none of the lights appear on the wheel and there is no FFB. Can anyone help with this, is there something I’m missing?
Did you installed the latest firmware?
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels/csl-elite-racing-wheel-ps4.html#downloads

1513013292306.png

Be sure to read the manual on howto update the firmware (y)

Last edited:

Julien2395

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2017
General Info:
- Wheel: Thrustmaster T150
- Platform: PC

Calibration:
- Steering Deadzone: 0
- Steering Linearity: 0
- Steering Saturation: 0
- Throttle Deadzone: 0
- Throttle Linearity: 0
- Throttle Saturation: 0
- Brake Deadzone: 0
- Brake Linearity: 0
- Brake Saturation: 0

Vibration & Feedback:
- Vibration & Feedback Strength: 150%
- On Track Effects: 20%
- Rumblestrip Effects: 100%
- Off Track Effects: 100%
- Wheel Weight: 100%
- Understeer Enhance: On

Other settings (if applicable):
360 degrees rotation

Julien2395

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2017
General Info:
- Wheel: Thrustmaster T150
- Platform: PS4

Calibration:

Vibration & Feedback:
- Vibration & Feedback Strength: 150%
- On Track Effects: 20%
- Rumblestrip Effects: 100%
- Off Track Effects: 100%
- Wheel Weight: 100%

360 degrees rotation

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
General Info:
- Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS-GT
- Platform: PC

Calibration:

Vibration & Feedback:
- Vibration & Feedback Strength: 75
- On Track Effects: 0
- Rumblestrip Effects: 0
- Off Track Effects: 0
- Wheel Weight: 75

Firmware v.28.00
Driver pack 7.TTRS.2017
Thrustmaster Control Panel:
300 rotation, Master Gain Setting: 75, Constant: 75, Periodic: 75, Spring: 75, Damper: 75
Conical Brake Mod: No, Left foot braking: Yes (swapped spring and header cable, no need to remap)

Still a work in progress, interested in BBJ T3PA Brake Mod and Thrustmaster>Logitech Pedal Adapter

Last edited:

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ok thanks will give that a go. I just would have thought with it all being New it would have latest firmware on..
My Thrustmaster had v25.00 firmware and latest was 28.00, brand new.

Ronnin1978

Formula 4 Test Driver
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2016
I only have the CSL elite and not the F1 rim. Don't know if the builtin vibration motors in the wheel works with F1 2017. Is it?

Settings I use: View attachment 33621
Hi,
I am a new customer of a CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 ™ + CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell kit.
I use it with a computer but I don't have the the voice '' Maximum Wheel Rotation'' in F1 2017 control settings.

Also can you tell me please what settings you use in fanatec game controllers

thank you

Michel--NL

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Hi,
I am a new customer of a CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 ™ + CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell kit.

I use it with a computer but I don't have the the voice '' Maximum Wheel Rotation'' in F1 2017 control settings.

Also can you tell me please what settings you use in fanatec game controllers

thank you
PC game options is different then PS4 then. Didn't know that.

game controller settings You mean the wheel settings on the base itself or settings you can change through the PC configuration menu?
For both of them, I didn't change the settings. Only the ingame settings are changed.