F1 2020 Short and / or long Season? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 2020 Short and / or long Season?

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hello,

is a shortened season with fewer race weekends planned for the coming season in addition to the "normal" season length of 22 races?

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
As far as I'm aware Season 20 will be a full length season (though this isn't confirmed) and we will aim to do Season 21 on F1 2020, with that being a shortened season.

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
That's too bad.
I think the AOR community is big enough to be brave enough to not only run the full length of a season, but for those who can't make it to 22 weekends including preparation, a shorter season with only 10-12 races in the same time.
This way, both full season drivers and casual drivers, who for various reasons cannot invest quite as much time, be it work, family or other commitments, can participate in the next season without being excluded and having to wait more than half a year for the next shortened season.

Reactions: Jane Trpkov

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
As far as I'm aware Season 20 will be a full length season (though this isn't confirmed) and we will aim to do Season 21 on F1 2020, with that being a shortened season.
Why isn't Season 20 beeing planned for F1 2020!? that just sounds crazy to another season on 2019. IMHO

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & F1 League Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
Why isn't Season 20 beeing planned for F1 2020!? that just sounds crazy to another season on 2019. IMHO
It is. I meant that we will aim to also have S21 on F1 2020 which would also be a short season.

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
I suggest that AOR tries to offer both the full length and a shortened version for the upcoming Season 20 and see how high the approval rate is.

Steve Allan

F1 Sponsored Driver
May 12, 2019
Well once the information for Season 20 is announced, regardless if it's a short season again or a full race calendar, count me in. I felt that in my races I didn't do well enough and I want another bash at the season.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
You guys realise how much work goes into the planning, setup and execution of an F1 season, right?

Running a shorter season in parallel to the full season seems counter-productive to me.... how would you do it?

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
You guys realise how much work goes into the planning, setup and execution of an F1 season, right?

Running a shorter season in parallel to the full season seems counter-productive to me.... how would you do it?
No one demanded anything, it is just an idea which we are trying to promote to the coords.Maybe the one season should be shorter and not run 2 parallel seasons.I did a twitter poll, which in all fairness got 8 votes without mine and 63% want a shorter season.Also people outside of AOR I have spoken with also say that they rather do shorter seasons.Anyways, to answer your question, I personally do not want to take the coords work for granted but I am supportive of the shorter season idea because it might benefit the majority which then would also benefit the league.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
No one demanded anything, it is just an idea which we are trying to promote to the coords.Maybe the one season should be shorter and not run 2 parallel seasons.I did a twitter poll, which in all fairness got 8 votes without mine and 63% want a shorter season.Also people outside of AOR I have spoken with also say that they rather do shorter seasons.Anyways, to answer your question, I personally do not want to take the coords work for granted but I am supportive of the shorter season idea because it might benefit the majority which then would also benefit the league.
One season IS shorter though... that's how it's been for the last few years.

If you don't want to run a full season, fine, sign up for the shorter 2nd season and have at it... but what about those that do want to run a full season?

Jane Trpkov

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
One season IS shorter though... that's how it's been for the last few years.

If you don't want to run a full season, fine, sign up for the shorter 2nd season and have at it... but what about those that do want to run a full season?
That's why I would suggest a vote where majority wins.However instead of the options being yes and no I would suggest something different. Since even if 51% of the votes say shorter season, still near half of the people will be left unhappy, I would suggest there be 3 options, yes, no and wouldn't mind doing both.Now, if the yes and wouldn't mind doing both votes combine to 70% than i think that it would be cool, however anything less than that would mean that a lot of people would be unhappy with the decision and I'd rather not have that if I was in the coords place.

Note:I am still giving out ideas in which the coords might be interested looking into if everyone shares the same interest, not telling anyone what to do.End of the day, I dont have any influence in their decisions and I dont want to sound like Im telling anyone what to do.