F1 Connection Tests | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 Connection Tests

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys - I'd like you all to do a speedtest in order to get an updated overview of the connection situation in the league, and so we can determine the best possible lobby host (and backup hosts) for the races.

As most of the drivers are in the UK, please test your connection against a UK server!

After you've done the test, press the "Share" button and then the "Forum" tab, then copy the link and paste into your post.

As an example, here is my results:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014

NOTE: I hosted a race for a french league last saturday and half the field had disconnected by the end of the race so I don't think I'm a good choice...

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Usually around this area and it is not the same as it used to be #laggingouteveryrace

Attachments

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@TRL Mazey hosted some races for us last season so could be a choice again, but @TyranoTigger your connection looks pretty sick - do you think it'd be good for hosting?

I'd still like the rest of you to post your tests as well btw...

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@TRL Mazey hosted some races for us last season so could be a choice again, but @TyranoTigger your connection looks pretty sick - do you think it'd be good for hosting?

I'd still like the rest of you to post your tests as well btw...
I was going to livestream the races Fisi so would hosting would be the best idea? I can give it a shot, my upload should be easily enough to handle both and I dont have issues connecting to people but its up to you.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I was going to livestream the races Fisi so would hosting would be the best idea? I can give it a shot, my upload should be easily enough to handle both and I dont have issues connecting to people but its up to you.
Ah, interesting.

Not sure how much livestreaming drains from the upload? Your default upload is pretty healthy though so I guess we could give it a shot unless someone else also pops in with a super-internet.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok guys, so after Tigger leaving we need to find a new host for the upcoming races. We do have @TRL Mazey who hosted a few races on F1 2013 last season, so he is an option, but I'd like everyone to do a connection test just in case there's some other beast connections out there.

It would also be nice to have a full overview in order to have a rough idea of what order we should invite people into the lobby (best connections first, worst connections last, can help stability apparently).

The people who haven't done a test yet include @TRL Limitless @TRL Rosberg @TRL MinTy @Jambo @Leoobot @thelivingdead69 @TRL Karthikeyan @WRL Montoya @Cryo Lockdown - please do it asap!

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Looks pretty sick! I don't know if you've played online on it yet, but if you have, does it seem stable?
I hosted an open lobby earlier which was fine but that's the only thing I've done, probably best to stick with Mazey this week and I'll host a couple of socials next week if no one else posts a better connection

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I hosted an open lobby earlier which was fine but that's the only thing I've done, probably best to stick with Mazey this week and I'll host a couple of socials next week if no one else posts a better connection
Sounds like a plan.

WRL Montoya

Pro Karter
Jul 4, 2014
just for the record, my connection test was quite weird. my ping is usually under 20 but the up and download fluctuates everyday