PS4 - F1 League - Car/Team Selections | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 League - Car/Team Selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
I find that rule totally bullshit tbh - where is the logic in that? I raced more and performed better than Birkoff, but he gets the car he wants ahead of myself, @Bcolt93 and @HRacingGreen ? Seriously?

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I find that rule totally bullshit tbh - where is the logic in that? I raced more and performed better than Birkoff, but he gets the car he wants ahead of myself, @Bcolt93 and @HRacingGreen ? Seriously?
The overall results of the championship do matter, I'm sorry if you dropped in so late to the Mini-Season. As for team selection, just like in real life you kind of have a 1st and 2nd driver, which means that if both want to race together, the guy with the first pick can take by this way also a good mate on his site. Would you prefer driving in a team with a totally new driver that you don't maybe like to talk to during the race regarding the race strategy? As always in AOR, past drivers get the priority for the Car/Team selection, so in this way a lot of teams have drivers that fit to each other in a team.

Sean B

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 6, 2015
The overall results of the championship do matter, I'm sorry if you dropped in so late to the Mini-Season. As for team selection, just like in real life you kind of have a 1st and 2nd driver, which means that if both want to race together, the guy with the first pick can take by this way also a good mate on his site. Would you prefer driving in a team with a totally new driver that you don't maybe like to talk to during the race regarding the race strategy? As always in AOR, past drivers get the priority for the Car/Team selection, so in this way a lot of teams have drivers that fit to each other in a team.
Past drivers get the priority - yes
Past drivers get to superceed other past drivers and bring a rookie ahead? - no

I don't care in the end who my teammate is, I'll be talking to everyone, sharing setups and having fun whether they are my teammate or my rival or whatever...

This rule is a pile of crap

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Solution for this. Anyone who has a "preferred teammate" will be put right infront of the "preferred teammate" in the order.

• Agree
Reactions: Sean B

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
so if i change my pick to Red Bull does this mean I get @TyranoTigger as a teammate because his first 2 choices are gone? if that's the case f*ck Grosjean's car i'm gonna ride some coat tails to a constructors championship;)

Last edited:

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Guys I don't understand why you can't simply follow the first post? Simply post your 5 car picks and if wished, the preferred teammate. It's like some really want to get into one team to ruin the picks of somebody else, which otherwise would have landed in the team with the desired mate, or others wanting to change the picks back and forth.

I can say this, who can't simply follow some guidelines, might just get pointed out as invalid pick and we will assign whatever car remains free. These car/team selection picks should be done with some thinking, like for example you have a high/low pick, choosing cars which you have chances to get, or guys that want to race together, go with the same picks so they can end up in the same team, but what I see here just makes me shake my head into an :banghead:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Guys I don't understand why you can't simply follow the first post? Simply post your 5 car picks and if wished, the preferred teammate. It's like some really want to get into one team to ruin the picks of somebody else, which otherwise would have landed in the team with the desired mate, or others wanting to change the picks back and forth.

I can say this, who can't simply follow some guidelines, might just get pointed out as invalid pick and we will assign whatever car remains free. These car/team selection picks should be done with some thinking, like for example you have a high/low pick, choosing cars which you have chances to get, or guys that want to race together, go with the same picks so they can end up in the same team, but what I see here just makes me shake my head into an :banghead:
well Ferrari and Mercedes are full it seems. i would like the Red Bull if I'm teammates with Tigger, but there's at least 2 drivers in between my pick and his. If I can't be in the same team, Lotus for me, i'm next so i don't need 3 more i think

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
well Ferrari and Mercedes are full. i would like the Red Bull if I'm teammates with Tigger, but there's at least 2 drivers in between my pick and his. If I can't be in the same team, Lotus for me, i'm next so i don't need 3 more i think
Like I said above, your list and Tiggers didn't correspond, which means that you both want to be teammates, but you didn't actually made your homework of discussing it ahead. Everybody should keep their post to the point, like mine was, so we won't get into other discussions. It's not that hard to discuss with your mate before and post something similar, 5 cars & 1 name. For those who don't care about the teammate, 5 cars are even easier to post. Don't take this personally, but you can see that half of this thread is just some discussion and not being able to post a few simple things.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Like I said above, your list and Tiggers didn't correspond, which means that you both want to be teammates, but you didn't actually made your homework of discussing it ahead. Everybody should keep their post to the point, like mine was, so we won't get into other discussions. It's not that hard to discuss with your mate before and post something similar, 5 cars & 1 name. For those who don't care about the teammate, 5 cars are even easier to post. Don't take this personally, but you can see that half of this thread is just some discussion and not being able to post a few simple things.
okay.
1. Red Bull
2. Lotus
Preferred Teammate: @TyranoTigger

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
The lists has been reseted and will be updated on Wednesday night when the deadline has passed.

Desimpele

AOR PS4 F1 2015 Champion
Nov 11, 2014
First of all, the order priority is above any teammate preferred priority, always been like that, but yes there was in the past that people left it open for others to be able to race together, but this wasn't guaranteed!

2nd; how can we make our homework about anything if we just found out about the picking order? (which btw, is still quite unclear, indeed make a top 12 ^^)

3rd; where does that preferred teammate thing come from? As I said in 1, it was something you could ask for, not something that was guaranteed, otherwise I would have first talked around, but this was never been made clear...

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
so i'm now completely confussed now that the picks have been taken down, my understanding is that all 6 cars have been confirmed, we just have to fill out the final few teams? @Jthorn97
Mercedes: Andrei and Birkoff
Ferrari: Harry and Sean
McLaren: Des
Sauber: Jthorn
TR: fuzzy
RB: myself

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
First of all, the order priority is above any teammate preferred priority, always been like that, but yes there was in the past that people left it open for others to be able to race together, but this wasn't guaranteed!

2nd; how can we make our homework about anything if we just found out about the picking order? (which btw, is still quite unclear, indeed make a top 12 ^^)

3rd; where does that preferred teammate thing come from? As I said in 1, it was something you could ask for, not something that was guaranteed, otherwise I would have first talked around, but this was never been made clear...
We are discussing this within the staff and we'll make sure it won't be unfair for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.