PS4 - F1 League - General Discussions Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F1 League - General Discussions Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Nope, the maximum is 16 drivers per tier/split. Anyway it looks like we will retire one not attending driver, as for Austria it will be the 3rd uninformed absence already.
So if we get up to 16 drivers we just kick the livestream guys out and carry on? That doesn't seem fair. Anyway, welcome and good luck @Nico

Reactions: Nico

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
So if we get up to 16 drivers we just kick the livestream guys out and carry on? That doesn't seem fair. Anyway, welcome and good luck @Nico
It is against the best interest of the league to not allow drivers to join, because of a livestream. If a driver can't join because of a maxed out league, like Split 2 on PC (16 + 4-5 reserves at least) than there is nothing we can do about it, but here this isn't the case.
For PC Split 1 I had for example already Marco FD and FakeGhostPirate commited to do a livestream, but we had the chance to fill up the Split, so this was preferred.

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
It is against the best interest of the league to not allow drivers to join, because of a livestream. If a driver can't join because of a maxed out league, like Split 2 on PC (16 + 4-5 reserves at least) than there is nothing we can do about it, but here this isn't the case.
For PC Split 1 I had for example already Marco FD and FakeGhostPirate commited to do a livestream, but we had the chance to fill up the Split, so this was preferred.
Personally I think maxing the signups at 14 and having the 2 livestream guys is a much better option. That way we still have a good league size + the added interest of a guaranteed livestream. If I'm not mistaken that was the original plan at the start of the season. Its not like it matters at the moment anyway because we have 2 people that never show up so there is always space, but I think its a stupid decision to kick out the livestream guys if we get more signups.

Nico

2-time AOR Rally League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks guys, watching the awesome livestream from Canada reminded me just how good leagueracing can be :)
I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the stream, so i would hate to ruin this great feature.
It's a great way to promote the leagues and AOR. Don't mind being a reserve if it helps the stream.

As for the strict track limit rules, one drastic change had to be made and it seems to be working :)

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Personally I think maxing the signups at 14 and having the 2 livestream guys is a much better option. That way we still have a good league size + the added interest of a guaranteed livestream. If I'm not mistaken that was the original plan at the start of the season. Its not like it matters at the moment anyway because we have 2 people that never show up so there is always space, but I think its a stupid decision to kick out the livestream guys if we get more signups.
Tom is right, the racing will be the same with 14 drivers, but having a stream really gives a boost to the whole league and as nico said he decided to come back because of the stream. The commentator are really getting started to build momentum and looking into the future of the PS4 league it is vital to have a established broadcast going to F1 2016 so we can have more than 2 spilts again. Anyway we had only 1 race where all drivers showed up and a couple of drivers were not racing regulary, so my suggestion would be to make nico a reserve driver for Austria (where he will be starting due to some drivers probably missing) and eventually assign him a permanetly car after autria for the rest of the season. So we can have the stream and nico can race

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Tom is right, the racing will be the same with 14 drivers, but having a stream really gives a boost to the whole league and as nico said he decided to come back because of the stream. The commentator are really getting started to build momentum and looking into the future of the PS4 league it is vital to have a established broadcast going to F1 2016 so we can have more than 2 spilts again. Anyway we had only 1 race where all drivers showed up and a couple of drivers were not racing regulary, so my suggestion would be to make nico a reserve driver for Austria (where he will be starting due to some drivers probably missing) and eventually assign him a permanetly car after autria for the rest of the season. So we can have the stream and nico can race
Maybe its best to ask Squeekie and Arwboy if they want to continue now? Squeekie seems to have lost all interest so holding the seat back is probably not the best idea. In Arwboy's case it would be nice to keep him in but if he's only going to turn up for 1/3 of the season then I don't really understand why he even signed up. It's not critical at this stage but it would be really nice to get to a stage where we have 14 drivers everyweek + 2 streamers.

• Agree
Reactions: alexukr

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Welcome back @Nico, I think we only raced once or twice in the mini season but nice to have you back :)

As for the stream vs drivers, it's like money. You can either spend it all now (get drivers in to replace streamers) or you can invest it for greater long term gain (having streamers to attract more drivers to leagues on all platforms and future leagues as well). Investing is usually the wiser thing to do ;)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
@Desimpele this needs an explanation my friend :) Were you one of the community guys that tested F1 2016 with Ben, Aarav, TRL Limitless, etc?

Confirmed it was you. Omg man what a lad you are. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: DrCarter33